Republicans to repeal inheritance tax!

The party of the rich, for the rich, by the rich. Once again, the wolves shear the sheep while the sheep cheer them on.

Republicans Push 269 Billion Handout For Millionaire Heirs And Heiresses

excerpt:

WASHINGTON -- House Republicans this week will vote to hand the heirs and heiresses of America's largest fortunes a $269 billion tax break by repealing the federal inheritance tax.

The legislation would shield the very richest families from taxes on the fortunes they inherit. After years of GOP attacks on the inheritance tax, also known as the estate tax, only a few thousand of the wealthiest families are subjected to it -- 4,700 total in 2013, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation. Only individual fortunes worth over $5.43 million can be taxed under current law, an amount that doubles to $10.86 million for wealthy couples. The Republican proposal would eliminate all of these estates -- which are over 15,700 percent richer than the median American household -- from taxation.
Where is the handout? It is already their money...

When it comes to individuals, the income tax, estate tax, and capital gains taxes should all be eliminated. Go to a consumption tax. This will never happen but one can dream.

I am a firm believer that a collective prosperity can never be achieved through economic policies rooted in punitive class envy policies. Ironically, a consumption tax could be argued that it is derived from the tenet of Marxism: from each according to his ability (to buy) to each according to his need (incentive to buy means more funding for social programs).

More libertarian BS. Your Ayn Rand fetishism is silly....

You will not be satisfied until a true 1 percent wealthy elite is locked in here in the US and the masses are living with little to no advancement potential or improvement in personal wealth.

Good grief, it's amazing how brainwashed people can become, believing massive amounts of money make someone into a Superhero is as foolish as it gets. The masses would do quite well if we could only eliminate their exploitation by the power elite.

Let's make health care a right: "A well regulated system of health care, being necessary for the security of the people of our nation, free and universal preventative health care, and major medical care for serious and chronic injury or disease, shall not be infringed."

Let's set a minimum wage and tie it to regular COLA's; "A well paid labor force, being necessary for every person's well being, and to the security of a free state, the right of the people to earn a fair and living wage, and to bargain collectively and form unions, shall not be infringed".

Let us return to a fair and well regulated (enforced) progressive income tax, one where our nation can return to the principles of one nation, of the people and for the people, necessary for a free and democratic state.

And, finally, let us establish pragmatic rules to make our elections fair and our elected officials honest. The Congress must pass an Amendment to the Constitution limiting campaign money, and make any perverse donation, acceptance or intentional effort to infringe the right to vote in to any election, initiative or recall a felony; notwithstanding the presidential power of pardon, those convicted shall be barred from holding any public office, elected or appointed as well as the right to vote, for life.

Who is government or otherwise to determine an individual makes too much money? People come to America to get away from limits you describe and have more opportunity.

All they are is one big bag of democrat talking points. Talking points with one goal. For democrats to acquire power and keep power.

The fucking hypocritical sheep actually cannot see how many rich people belong to the party that supposedly care so.much for the poor.

Look at my signature.

They are nothing but fucking gullible, naive idiots who know nothing about the economy. If they could, they would have the government wipe everyone's American button.

I mean how can a group of morons parrot the same shit about "party of the rich" and see all of the fucking billionaires and millionaires benefitting from tax breaks that are bonified liberals.Especially pieces of shit hollywood like weinstein or spielberg.

Of course another arrogant naive useless puppet starts another thread filled with the fucking cliches and democrat talking points. Thinking he is being so clever while being nothing more than a useful pawn.

Assholes. Morons.

If they could, they would have the government wipe everyone's American button.

Why would the government be wiping buttons? Is that only American buttons? Or foreign buttons as well.
Brass buttons? Or bone? Should button collectors be alarmed? I know some button collectors. I'll ask them if the government is wiping their buttons for them.

This is big, big news I tell ya.

Who is government or otherwise to determine an individual makes too much money? People come to America to get away from limits you describe and have more opportunity.

obama sad "I do think at a certain point you've made enough money". Yes, government believes you should be cut off after a certain amount ... an amount that they decide upon. They believe you didn't build that either. Hand out, what's yours is mine because I exist in society is how they see the world. True story.

The party of the rich, for the rich, by the rich. Once again, the wolves shear the sheep while the sheep cheer them on.

excerpt:

WASHINGTON -- House Republicans this week will vote to hand the heirs and heiresses of America's largest fortunes a $269 billion tax break by repealing the federal inheritance tax.

The legislation would shield the very richest families from taxes on the fortunes they inherit. After years of GOP attacks on the inheritance tax, also known as the estate tax, only a few thousand of the wealthiest families are subjected to it -- 4,700 total in 2013, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation. Only individual fortunes worth over $5.43 million can be taxed under current law, an amount that doubles to $10.86 million for wealthy couples. The Republican proposal would eliminate all of these estates -- which are over 15,700 percent richer than the median American household -- from taxation.

The "Handout" comes later, when the children use the largess to 'donate' to those who write laws, which aid the the very wealthy to secure for them more and more wealth - see the Brother's Koch for an example. And if you're of the mind to, see in your minds eye the dystopian future if the Republicans get their way; how will our nation look when all of the wealth is hidden behind gated enclaves, and the hoi polloi live from hand to mouth?

How long will it take, before what the power elite fear the most, rises up? Anyone with a fundamental knowledge of history should understand how the current iteration of the far right today can and will lead to violence unless they wake up.

See, for example the list of popular revolts over the millenniums:

List of revolutions and rebellions - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The First, the Set rebellion of 2740 BC; the most recent, 2014–15 Yemeni coup.

In between, thousands of events - some great, some small but all violent.

Republicans to repeal inheritance tax!

as well it should be, i inherited $65,000.00 from my father who saved 2 pennies out of every three after my Mother died (actually killed by two doctors !) in 1980AD, he lived thru some very hard times, 1908AD - 2001AD

excerpt:

The "Handout" comes later, when the children use the largess to 'donate' to those who write laws, which aid the the very wealthy to secure for them more and more wealth - see the Brother's Koch for an example. And if you're of the mind to, see in your minds eye the dystopian future if the Republicans get their way; how will our nation look when all of the wealth is hidden behind gated enclaves, and the hoi polloi live from hand to mouth?

How long will it take, before what the power elite fear the most, rises up? Anyone with a fundamental knowledge of history should understand how the current iteration of the far right today can and will lead to violence unless they wake up.

In every form of Government, money and power talk. In most countries, you are dealing with a locked in 1 percent that calls the shots.... I don't want that for US.

excerpt:

You make no sense at all. you ASSUME that they would put their money (note, it is already their money, it is NOT governments) to do as you say.

Yet you have no problem in taking money from people and putting it to use for what you want. Its only those who inherit that are not permitted to proctect their own interests?

Oh, and that is STILL NOT a handout.

excerpt:

You make no sense at all. you ASSUME that they would put their money (note, it is already their money, it is NOT governments) to do as you say.

Yet you have no problem in taking money from people and putting it to use for what you want. Its only those who inherit that are not permitted to proctect their own interests?

Oh, and that is STILL NOT a handout.
BTW...why do you use the Koch brothers? Why not the Clitnons or the Kennedys or the Soros'?

excerpt:

Like I said in my first response - I personally know small ranchers (less than 100 acres) who, after their deaths, lost their property to the government because their families didn't have the $260,000 that they "suddenly" owed to Uncle Sugar. Every tax up to that point had been paid regularly. Property taxes, state taxes, federal taxes. However, as soon as they died - they owed more. I have money set aside for my "taxes" after I die. My family will NOT lose my property to some fat assed government asshole.

Welcome to the "Land of the Free".

excerpt:

In every form of Government, money and power talk. In most countries, you are dealing with a locked in 1 percent that calls the shots.... I don't want that for US.

You're joking, right!?!?

Look around you. We have the richest assholes on the planet right here in the good old USofA. Who EXACTLY do you think actually "calls the shots" here? Politicians!?!?

Obama - inarguably the greatest partaker of trickle down economics in the history of the country.
Since he took office - the top 7% have absolutely lavished in a record 33% earnings increase...while the remaining 93% of WORKING Americans have suffered a 5% decrease.
He has taken the phrase "fleecing of America" to whole new levels of taking taxpayer dollars directly to the central banks/Wal Street Firms/Super-Corporations than any other President could have ever imagined.

But leave it to the left to think he represents them and call the GOP the party of the rich.
You just can't make this shit up

I never knew that the President of the States determined wages.
One of the primary causes for the wealth gap/ineqaulity is the over three decades of flat wages in Real Dollars. Did Reagan, George HW, Clinton, "W", also control wages?

You don't read too good.
I notice how you skipped over the trickle down economics that Obama champions...no surprise.
No one on the left acknowledges anything he does wrong.

I'd like to point out that 1, I didn't vote for Obama and 2, I have been critical of Obama on these boards.
I'd also like to point out as I did in my previous post, that flat wages have been reality since the 1980s and I have yet to find any economist sat the flat wages hasn't played a core role in the economic inequality phenomenon.
Therefore in simple terms, it's plain to see that Obama isn't the only culprit and is a bit player in this situation despite partisan claims that he is the sole reason for economic inequality. That claim doesn't even come close in the smell test.
A very small group of people have become quite wealthy thanks to holding down wages being as wages make up 20-30% of the cost of doing business.
All a person has to do is look at the change of positioning of the wage earner and the changing position of uber-wealthy when it comes to who's getting what of the National Income.
household-incomes-mean-real.gif

The thing is, this wouldn't really address the unfair advantage that rich kids have in life.
How is it the government's place to make sure that these kids don't have an advantage?
Don't you care about equality?
In the eyes of the law, where the governments recognition and protection of your rights is not based on race, etc - sure.
Now that I've dealt with your red herring....
How is it the government's place to make sure that these kids don't have an advantage?

Good grief, it's amazing how brainwashed people can become...
Says he who knows he cannot support his positions with anything substantive.
Let's make health care a right: "A well regulated system of health care, being necessary for the security of the people of our nation, free and universal preventative health care, and major medical care for serious and chronic injury or disease, shall not be infringed.
Wait...you believe the government should provide firearms for those what cannot afford them?
Interesting.

excerpt:

you may want to call them the party of the rich...I mean...that is a talking point put out by politicians and advocates for their mindless followers to regurgitate........but a move like this further enhances the republican position of being the party of equality.

Why should one person be forced to pay a tax that others are not forced to pay?

I thought you guys were proponents of equality.

What....only equality if it benefits you?

Obama - inarguably the greatest partaker of trickle down economics in the history of the country.
Since he took office - the top 7% have absolutely lavished in a record 33% earnings increase...while the remaining 93% of WORKING Americans have suffered a 5% decrease.
He has taken the phrase "fleecing of America" to whole new levels of taking taxpayer dollars directly to the central banks/Wal Street Firms/Super-Corporations than any other President could have ever imagined.

But leave it to the left to think he represents them and call the GOP the party of the rich.
You just can't make this shit up

I never knew that the President of the States determined wages.
One of the primary causes for the wealth gap/ineqaulity is the over three decades of flat wages in Real Dollars. Did Reagan, George HW, Clinton, "W", also control wages?

You don't read too good.
I notice how you skipped over the trickle down economics that Obama champions...no surprise.
No one on the left acknowledges anything he does wrong.

I'd like to point out that 1, I didn't vote for Obama and 2, I have been critical of Obama on these boards.
I'd also like to point out as I did in my previous post, that flat wages have been reality since the 1980s and I have yet to find any economist sat the flat wages hasn't played a core role in the economic inequality phenomenon.
Therefore in simple terms, it's plain to see that Obama isn't the only culprit and is a bit player in this situation despite partisan claims that he is the sole reason for economic inequality. That claim doesn't even come close in the smell test.
A very small group of people have become quite wealthy thanks to holding down wages being as wages make up 20-30% of the cost of doing business.
All a person has to do is look at the change of positioning of the wage earner and the changing position of uber-wealthy when it comes to who's getting what of the National Income.
View attachment 39762

What I am saying is my post was a response to two other post saying that "Republicans are the party for the rich" - including the OP.
So I responded with my post showing how Obama has taken the "for the rich policies" to a whole new level. He has practised and eagerly embraced trickle down economics like no President in history. And that is an inarguable fact.
I am full aware that previous Presidents have represented the interest of Wall Street/Corporatism as well. In fact, like I said before, the real party for the rich - is the "Washington Party" - to which every politician in Washinton belongs to.

excerpt:

Like I said in my first response - I personally know small ranchers (less than 100 acres) who, after their deaths, lost their property to the government because their families didn't have the $260,000 that they "suddenly" owed to Uncle Sugar. Every tax up to that point had been paid regularly. Property taxes, state taxes, federal taxes. However, as soon as they died - they owed more. I have money set aside for my "taxes" after I die. My family will NOT lose my property to some fat assed government asshole.

You are lying.

A less than 100 acre farm is not subject to the tax in question.

If these "small ranchers" in your anecdote lost their land, it was due to something else. Property taxes or some other tax, or else there were liens on the land from loans.

excerpt:

You are lying.

A less than 100 acre farm is not subject to the tax in question.

If these "small ranchers" in your anecdote lost their land, it was due to something else. Property taxes or some other tax, or else there were liens on the land from loans.

Nope. It was a inheritance tax. I don't lie - unlike you. I personally had an uncle who lived in Kentucky when I-64 was built. The government TOOK his land and put the interstate through the middle of it. He was paid $25 per acre for the 33 acres that he paid $75 per acre for.

Now, asshole. Tell me again about your "government" that the vast majority of us call thieves.

Last edited:
HOW has MOST of that money been taxed as it's just capital gains that has NEVER been taken out? Buy a bunch of stock at $1 million and sell it 30 years later for $50 million ONLY dividends have been paid!

These kind of comments occurs when crazy fucks the confused and don't know what happened.

Yep, it takes money to buy stocks. That would be cash in... If you never sell the stock, they have cash value, but they're not cash. You pay tax only when you cash out on the stock. When you get paid dividends (profit share), you pay tax on cash you earned. Difference between cash in and cash out is a profit (or loss), you pay tax on profit.

Forum List

Back