Republicans to target unions, expand school choice in states

Oh yes Joe, I'm sure with the dozens of trucking outfits they serve, they research each one to find out how they conduct business.

Well there must be a lot of them out there, because we all just sit there and wait to get unloaded. Sure, we charge for waiting and unloading time, but the workers could care less. They're not paying the bill, and they make great money whether their company does well or poorly.

right... that's it. Not because t hey don't know who the companies are and which ones are the assholes.

Sorry, man, I work in a similar environment, and I have to make calls down to the warehouse every day because someone calls me because their truck has been waiting two hours... and that's without union guys.

I don't want to be part of a union. That's my choice.

Oh, right. But you will come on here and bitch that your Scab employer dropped your insurance plan...

How much should the rich get to keep as profit during alleged times of war on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror?

If you don't want the poor to care how much then don't ask the poor for a work ethic, either.

How much of their own money should the rich be allowed to keep? If it's their money, why is that a question?

I see you refuse to answer my question, and with good reason. You know damn well we can't have a society sitting at home on unemployment simply because they are too lazy to work or don't want to work. If we have a society like that, then I'm quitting my job to sit home on unemployment with tens of millions of others that would join me.

"Just what is YOUR fair share of what somebody else worked for?"
Thomas Sowell

How much should the rich get to keep as profit during alleged times of war on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror. For comparison and contrast, Nazis understood fiscal policy:

In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.

Only the right wing is cognitively dissonant enough to lower taxes during alleged times of war.
Since there will always be crime, recreational narcotics, terror and poverty, are businesses on the hook forever in the United States of America to give away the money they created?
it is about lowering your business tax burden through simplification of government; only the right, never gets it.

Has it occurred to you that they know your company is run by scab assholes who don't provide good benefits and they simply want to make your life difficult?

Oh yes Joe, I'm sure with the dozens of trucking outfits they serve, they research each one to find out how they conduct business.

Well there must be a lot of them out there, because we all just sit there and wait to get unloaded. Sure, we charge for waiting and unloading time, but the workers could care less. They're not paying the bill, and they make great money whether their company does well or poorly.

Would be the title be, "I'm an asshole who couldn't get into a union because no one likes me" ?

I don't want to be part of a union. That's my choice.
That's fine....but don't accept the raises and benefits that the unions negotiate for.

Who are Republicans fighting for, when they go after unions and union busting? Are they in bed with the Corporations? Certainly not in bed with the citizens who work in Union jobs that pay well....

Republicans are fighting for choice.

I remember years ago when I was out looking for jobs, I'd apply to someplace that had a union. I would be up front and tell them I had no interest in joining a union. They told me either I join the union or they can't hire me.

Do you think that's fair?
Then, if you don't join the union, you don't benefit from the union negotiations for raises and benefits. THEN it's fair. Right?

a real man don't negotiate for a raise, his work does the talking..

And what benefits?

Oh you mean the Union cadillac Heath care plan that obamacare is going to tax it 45% next year, that benefit?

Umm. There are TONS of Charter Schools here.
The unions just took it in the shorts in Massachusetts. The State legislature is about to pass a law which raises the cap on the number of Charter Schools. There was a referendum on the statewide ballot which was in effect a question to allow the local boards have authority to expand Charters. That failed 2-1. The main reason is voters were concerned such a law would give local school districts too much power.
I have no idea other than to protect the unions, why left wingers are so fearful of parents having choices as to where their kids go to school.
As long as the kids are getting a good education in an environment that is conducive to same, who cares. I don;'t understand the mentality of a captive marketplace.

It goes back to what Rush says all the time. Unions are a way of getting tax money from the taxpayers to the Democrat party. We pay taxes for these schools--some of which ends up in the hands of the unions. Election time comes, and unions heavily support the Democrat party. So of course they are going to protect that money as much as possible.
Ah...and you buy what Rushbo says, don't you?

Yes I do..........that is unless you can show me where he's wrong.
Ah...a Rushbo worshipper........he's right about you suckers.....:lol:

You on the left hate Rush because he tells us about things your party doesn't want us to know about.
I don't hate Rushbo.....that's you projecting.

Umm. There are TONS of Charter Schools here.
The unions just took it in the shorts in Massachusetts. The State legislature is about to pass a law which raises the cap on the number of Charter Schools. There was a referendum on the statewide ballot which was in effect a question to allow the local boards have authority to expand Charters. That failed 2-1. The main reason is voters were concerned such a law would give local school districts too much power.
I have no idea other than to protect the unions, why left wingers are so fearful of parents having choices as to where their kids go to school.
As long as the kids are getting a good education in an environment that is conducive to same, who cares. I don;'t understand the mentality of a captive marketplace.

It goes back to what Rush says all the time. Unions are a way of getting tax money from the taxpayers to the Democrat party. We pay taxes for these schools--some of which ends up in the hands of the unions. Election time comes, and unions heavily support the Democrat party. So of course they are going to protect that money as much as possible.

Ahh the old rush line. You know 20 years and he's still there. You're still lost as to why.
Of course, Rushbo is still there. He knows his audience well.....just like P.T. Barnum did.

Republicans in Red States have the worst schools in the nation. Don't be fooled. When they say they want schools changed, they mean they want Noah's Ark taught as history and Magical Creation as science.

I don't trust that Chicago graph. I live here and that ain't right for public school graduates
"that ain't right"..........the grammar hits keep on coming!
You listen to Rush?
Why would I? I'm not a dittohead sheep.
Then how do you know what he talks about? Oh you're confirming you're a parrot . Got it!
Wait......you believe that one can ONLY access what Rushbo says by dutifully listening to him everyday like a good Sheeple? No wonder you are a Rushbo sheep.

Ahh the old rush line. You know 20 years and he's still there. You're still lost as to why.
Of course, Rushbo is still there. He knows his audience well.....just like P.T. Barnum did.
So your effort is but useless

I don't trust that Chicago graph. I live here and that ain't right for public school graduates
"that ain't right"..........the grammar hits keep on coming!
You listen to Rush?
Why would I? I'm not a dittohead sheep.
Then how do you know what he talks about? Oh you're confirming you're a parrot . Got it!
Wait......you believe that one can ONLY access what Rushbo says by dutifully listening to him everyday like a good Sheeple? No wonder you are a Rushbo sheep.
I don't listen at all. I don't talk about him, except to laugh at stupid fls like you who live 20 years berating the man. LOL

Ahh, the old teacher's union fallback position. Test scores. Meaningless pap. It is well regarded that standardized test scores do not measure intelligence. In fact standardized tests measure one thing. The student's ability to take the test.
Urban school districts with struggling schools never show high test scores.
So the article shows no context.

Yet that's the only measure we have, isn't it? The point is, in Milwaukee, test scores when DOWN after they looted the systems and let all the scammers get into play. ANother place where the scores went down was in Michigan, were Betsy Devos got school choice put in and things got measurably worse.

Look, school choice( not vouchers. No one is talking about vouchers) is a cry for help. The system in place is not working for inner city kids. It hasn't in three or more decades. Let them decide where they want to go to school. And BTW, most people who want to choose their child's school, are members of minority communities. Same applies to vouchers.

The problem is, you can't move the problem kids without moving the problems. moving the kid from the problem district to the good district just means you are moving the problem, not fixing it. This isn't complicated.

And your analysis of "poor kids".....I assume you mean minority children not being able to succeed despite the fact that they are given better tools and a better educational environment "won't work" is patently racist.

When did this happen? In fact, the opposite is true. Poor kids in Chicago have a lot less spent on them than rich kids in Evanston...(to use an IL example.)

— Due to the primary reliance on local property tax revenue for school funding, there are massive cumulative gaps in per-pupil spending, particularly in poor or minority communities. The 6,413 students who started elementary school in Evanston [a suburb north of Chicago] in 1994 and graduated from high school in 2007 had about $290 million more spent on their education than the same number of Chicago Public Schools students.— Many of the school districts that spent the most per-student received at least 90 percent of their money from local property taxes. Yet, these districts tended to tax themselves at far lower rates than their poorer counterparts.

Only dishonest Meth head Joe would try to compare Chicago to the richest district in Illinois..

BTW Chicago spends $16,000 per student

Evanston spends $18,000

Washington DC home to one of the worst test scores in the nation they spend $ 29,000 per pupil

Republicans in Red States have the worst schools in the nation. Don't be fooled. When they say they want schools changed, they mean they want Noah's Ark taught as history and Magical Creation as science.
Vouchers have always been about teaching religion! Always

The SAME parents who send their students to public school with no home-made lunch

You mean those same parents that when they do pack a sack lunch for their kids, to only have the cafeteria police go through it to decide what the kid can eat?

My kids went to a school that had a closed campus, and also didn't allow them to bring a lunch. We tried to protest to the school but was told that it was "policy to protect the students". They never did answer "from what". What other option is there?

Found this on my local news station site and decided to throw it out there. The meat of the article says this:

"As President-elect Donald Trump leads an attempted makeover in Washington, Republican governors and state lawmakers will be simultaneously pushing an aggressive agenda that limits abortion, lawsuits and unions, cuts business taxes and regulations, and expands gun rights and school choice.

Republicans will hold 33 governors' offices, have majorities in 33 legislatures and control both the governor's office and legislature in 25 states - their most since 1952. Democrats will control both the governor's office and legislature in only about a half-dozen states; the rest will have politically divided governments."

Republicans to target unions, expand school choice in states

So is this such a bad agenda? I predict more snowflakes a falling.

The states with strong teachers' unions have the best educational records in the country.

Why fuck with that?

You got to be drinking a lot of egg nogg today.

I'm right you're wrong.

Who are Republicans fighting for, when they go after unions and union busting? Are they in bed with the Corporations? Certainly not in bed with the citizens who work in Union jobs that pay well....

Well, the term "work" may be a misnomer.

I belonged to the International Union of Operating Engineers many, many years ago. All I did was operate heavy equipment, and if my machine wasn't needed on the job site for a period of time, all that I was allowed to do was sit on my ass. I couldn't even fuel my own machine or do any maintenance on it. Pay was decent, but I spent more time sitting on my machine, and in the union hall waiting to be called for a job, than actually working.

So I enlisted in the military.
That's exactly how the Army and Air Force operate.....so if you were in either of those, you fit right in.

I was in neither and during my 13 month deployments I worked my ass off up to 16 hrs. a day. 7 day/wk. And I learned another marketable skill.

Only dishonest Meth head Joe would try to compare Chicago to the richest district in Illinois..

BTW Chicago spends $16,000 per student

Evanston spends $18,000

Washington DC home to one of the worst test scores in the nation they spend $ 29,000 per pupil

Put down the bottle. You've got people coming over later, I hope.

Evanston spends a lot more per student than Chicago... that's the problem.

Forum List

Back