Responsible Gun Owner Shoots His Family, Burns Down Home

You cannot walk around with guns over here. As a result, we have no mass shootings. Not like this tragic story. I am not surprised, though. This will happen more and more.

My extended family (grandpas, uncles, cousins, brothers, etc.) have owned guns for many, many generations and nobody in my family has shot another member of the family. I've own a firearm since I was 12 and have never even pointed it at a family member (or anyone else for that matter).

Quit being asinine.

These days, drugs (including and perhaps especially prescription drugs) and alcohol are far more to blame for violence and irresponsibility that guns are.

There are mass shootings every other day in America, and you still insist there isn't a problem?

Ignorant foreigner telling us what happens in our country

FYI less than one percent of murders committed by firearms happen in mass shootings

My extended family (grandpas, uncles, cousins, brothers, etc.) have owned guns for many, many generations and nobody in my family has shot another member of the family. I've own a firearm since I was 12 and have never even pointed it at a family member (or anyone else for that matter).

Quit being asinine.

These days, drugs (including and perhaps especially prescription drugs) and alcohol are far more to blame for violence and irresponsibility that guns are.

There are mass shootings every other day in America, and you still insist there isn't a problem?

FYI less than one percent of murders committed by firearms happen in mass shootings

True.

The thousands of other murders committed by people with firearms rarely takes more than a couple of lives.

True.

The thousands of other murders committed by people with firearms rarely takes more than a couple of lives.

80% of those are gang related and have nothing to do with legal gun owners.

The very title of this thread is dishonest. No 'responsible' person kills his family and burns down his house. The guy is a nutjob. What is this? An attempt to say that there is no such thing as a 'responsible' gun owner? My dad suffers from PTSD and clinical depression, he own a glock and a civilian issue M16. Haven't seen him act in such a way. Pretty responsible gun owner if you ask me.

And what if that person with depression swallows their gun?

You know what?, this might be brightest thing you've posted so far :thup:

Sadly, evil people have rights, too.

a baseball bat would do the same job!!!

You can outrun a baseball bat. Have yet to m.eet a human that can outrun a bullet.

I doubt that someone's family would feel a need to outrun a bat. But I guess he could hook a hose to a car exhaust late at night and get everyone while they're sleeping. Should we ban exhaust pipes? Kitchen knives? Ropes? Rocks? Fists? Axes? Etc.?

Blaming an inanimate object instead of the loon using it is asinine.

Last edited:
The very title of this thread is dishonest. No 'responsible' person kills his family and burns down his house. The guy is a nutjob. What is this? An attempt to say that there is no such thing as a 'responsible' gun owner? My dad suffers from PTSD and clinical depression, he own a glock and a civilian issue M16. Haven't seen him act in such a way. Pretty responsible gun owner if you ask me.

Or swallows their powerful meds or slices their wrist with a kitchen knife or hooks a hose to their exhaust pipe or jumps off of a bridge or hangs himself with a rope or, or, or, or, or. Disarming a free Republic isn't going to end suicide.

Not really.

Suicide is not illegal.

If a person wants to kill himself he will gun or no gun

Not really.

Suicide is not illegal.

I thought it was illegal, a felony

But her comment perfectly illustrated her ignorant bias. For that I gave her credit. She doesn't care about crime, or even people it seems. Just an over exaggerated fear of guns.

Not really.

Suicide is not illegal.

I thought it was illegal, a felony

But her comment perfectly illustrated her ignorant bias. For that I gave her credit. She doesn't care about crime, or even people it seems. Just an over exaggerated fear of guns.

Nope.

Suicide legal definition of Suicide. Suicide synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Under modern U.S. law, suicide is no longer a crime

Last edited:
At least he had the decency to shoot them instead of letting them burn to death. Remember the jumpers on 9-11? I'm sure they wished they had a gun.

Involving gun possession:
It is indeed nearly impossible to determine whether someone is criminal until they do the crime...or have "dangerous mental illness" or simply carelessness or anger management issues which don't manifest until innocents are gunned down...ranging from kids playing with unsecured weapons to mass killings by angry young men.
Apparently, there is no "perfect" solution applicable in all cases.
However; it is reasonable to predict senseless gun deaths will reduce if we treat gun ownership and use like ability to use another potentially lethal weapon: cars.
Imagine if one could drive freely at any age without the requirement to qualify for car use without safety instructions, driving tests, car registration and licensure renewal every few years...and no stop signs, traffic lights, and rules of the road to "interfere with the freedom" of ur car ownership and use.
There would be a lot more car related deaths, no? So we consider reasonable regs and licensure for car ownership and use acceptable and not obliterating "freedom".
Not so with guns.
Is it because guns are less dangerous?
Is it because they require less instruction and regulation to be safe?
Is it because we respect guns less?
Is it because we don't appreciate their potential lethality and importance like we do with cars?
Can someone answer please?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Last edited:
It is indeed nearly impossible to determine whether someone is criminal until they do the crime...or have "dangerous mental illness" or simply carelessness or anger management issues which don't manifest until innocents are gunned down...ranging from kids playing with unsecured weapons to mass killings by angry young men.
However; it is reasonable to predict senseless gun deaths will reduce if we treat gun ownership and use like ability to use another potentially lethal weapon: cars.
Imagine if one could drive freely at any age without the requirement to qualify for car use without safety instructions, driving tests, car registration and licensure renewal every few years...and no stop signs, traffic lights, and rules of the road to "interfere with the freedom" of ur car ownership and use.
There would be a lot more car related deaths, no? So we consider reasonable regs and licensure for car ownership and use acceptable and not obliterating "freedom".
Not so with guns.
Is it because we don't appreciate their potential lethality and importance like we do with cars?
We do have laws regarding guns. There is no evidence that lack of training or regulations are causing problems with guns. I don't know what you are talking about. I don't think murderers care about losing their rights, a class won't change it.

Not so with guns.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

First, contrary to what you may believe, one can not own or buy a firearm freely at any age. For long guns, the general rule in most states that I am aware of requires an individual to 18 years of age. For handguns, to the best of my knowledge, the age for owning or purchasing in most states is 21. And, just like a car, some under the designated age will get their hands on one. That's called a lapse in responsibility by the owner, be it a car or a gun...

But to your broader question as to why we do not regulate firearms as we do cars, the short answer, the one you will get from anyone who would answer your query, is this:

The right to bear arms in protected by the Constitution, driving and owning an automobile is not.

You may not like the answer, you may think it trite, but there it is. Any deficiency you find with that answer is your problem...

oh brother, he could of just as well used his car filled with explosives or something

give us a break and worry about your country

Hard to believe but Florida is part of the US.

Its "could HAVE", not "could OF".

Staph - proof that Secty Kerry was right when he said Americans have the right to be stupid.

Forum List

Back