Rest in Peace Muhammad Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Greatest of All Time!

Watch Obama try to capitalize off Ali legacy to make himself be in the same category. Obama pays his respects.
Uh uh uh uh uh -float uh uh uh -like a butterfly uh uh uh uh uh -sting uh uh uh uh -like uh a bee. Stutterer of all time.

You have got to be proud that these thoughts enter your mind.

Bob Hope coming out against the war would have ended it two years earlier

Sometimes supporting the troops is not making them laugh but looking out for their well being
If you're referring to the Vietnam War, I don't think Hope coming out against the war would have ended it two years earlier, but it would have helped to pressure the Nixon administration to end it sooner. It would have helped.

The Greatest of All Time!

Watch Obama try to capitalize off Ali legacy to make himself be in the same category. Obama pays his respects.
Uh uh uh uh uh -float uh uh uh -like a butterfly uh uh uh uh uh -sting uh uh uh uh -like uh a bee. Stutterer of all time.
What Obama said- very nice

"His fight outside the ring would cost him his title and his public standing. It would earn him enemies on the left and the right, make him reviled, and nearly send him to jail. But Ali stood his ground. And his victory helped us get used to the America we recognize today," Obama said in a statement.

your country,? :badgrin: the days of whitey t bible thumper is coming to an end. America will realize its true greatness as a multicultural multiracial society
1. We got it that your are anti-white racist.

2. NO, there is no"greatness" about a society being multicultural. In fact, it is just the opposite, Multiculturalism is a negative aspect to be avoided in nations. It is contrary to what nations are >>

NATION - a stable, historically developed community of people, with a territory, economic life, distinctive culture and language in common. (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th edition)

And there is also no necessity whatsoever for any society to be multiracial.
May anyone be an American? Does being an American mean abandoning the culture of your fore bearers? Would "America" be America if all of us immigrants, and that's truly who we are, shuck our cultures at Ellis Island and adopt the prevailing culture?

Would American English be as vibrant and colorful as it is without multicultural influence? Would American cuisine be as diverse? American emtertainmet, which conquered the world, be as interesting and unique?

Is being an "American" in your view nothing but being just like you, or can anyone from anywhere be an American?

America is and always has been a multicultural society. I live in the Northeast and, while I eat pierogies and sandwiches with cole slaw and fries on them, I have little experience with fish tacos or fried okra. I have danced a square dance with all the dosey-does, but I also have danced a tango and the hora. My speech is peppered by Yiddish, Italian and Polish phrases, along with the King's English. I like the blues of Muddy Waters and the piano concertos of Chopin.

When has America been uni-cultural? In 1607 when Jamestown colony was established, there were also Spanish colonies here, along with the varied cultures of the Seminoles, the Cherokee, the Iroquis, the Sioux and the Algonquin. Soon came the cultures of Africa.

In the nineteenth century the cultures of the diverse continents of Europe and Asia were introduced.

America isn't a melting pot. It never has been. These great, fascinating and diverse cultures were not boiled down to a base alloy called America. Rather, think of America as a tossed salad where every bit remains unique and every bit contributes to the whole experience.

America is on its way to being post-American. A collection of warring ethnic tribes dedicated to wiping one another out.

In an odd turn, it will bring us back to the way it was before white men made it a great nation. We will again be at constant war.

Condolences to all in the Ali family. Sad ti see a guy pass away at only 74. Nowadays that is a young age for someone to die. Look a Bernie Sanders. He's 74 and he's a bundle of energy. Same with Ringo Starr and Mick Jagger, who tour the world and dance all over stages.

Something does need to be said about this "greatest" title we keep seeing and hearing so much, though. Muhammad Ali (AKA Cassius Clay) was perhaps "the greatest" at showmanship and self-promotion. As a boxer, he was a very good one, but he was far from being the greatest at that.

He lost a few fights, and there are other boxers (Rocky Marciano, Floyd Mayweather, Joe Calzaghe, Ricardo Lopez, Sven Ottke, Edwin Valero, and others) who fought dozens of fights, and still went UNDEFEATED. Valero won all 27 of his fights, all of them by knockouts. Not fair to these guys to call Ali "the greatest".

List of undefeated boxing world champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There are basketball players who won more titles than Jordan too.

There are QBs who raped more than Roethlisberger.
Aaron how would you know?......ohh....im sorry......

America is on its way to being post-American. A collection of warring ethnic tribes dedicated to wiping one another out.

In an odd turn, it will bring us back to the way it was before white men made it a great nation. We will again be at constant war.
I don't think so, I think we are seeing a resurgence of racist attitude that can be smacked down just like it has many times before. Racists are like cockroaches, been around since the beginning of time and resistant to most bug sprays. But they can be controlled.

How many of those guys had four prime years taken away because they stood up for their political principles?
You don't want to go there. Michael Loewe retired undefeated (28-0) when forced to retire because of an injury. He could have won even more fights. Ricardo Lopez retired undefeated (51-0) and was stripped of his WBO title for saying he wanted to give the belt to his father.

Terry Marsh retired undefeated (26-0) forced to retire due to epilepsy. Dimitry Pirog was undefeated (20-0) and forced to retire due to a back injury. Harry Simon was undefeated (30-0) and forced to retire from injuries from a car accident.

Edwin Valero who won ALL of his fights by a knockout, was still the WBC lightweight champion when his career ended, when he committed suicide,

Ali (Clay) was a good boxer (and one of the best), but he wasn't even close to being "the greatest'

PS -Ali could have gone into the military in a non-combat role, no ?
when those guys die then you can start a thread about them being the "greatest" of all time......this one is about Ali......

I never liked Ali, I always felt he was arrogant, rude, obnoxious and conceited. Everybody claims he was the greatest boxer ever... I don't think he was even in the top 5. His most famous boxing strategy was the "rope-a-dope" where he basically "cheated" to win. He laid back into the ropes and let his opponent punch himself out instead of standing up and fighting like a real boxer. It was apropos that he dodged the draft by claiming he was Muslim... again, cheating to win. I just never had any respect for the man and didn't like him as a person.

Of all the deaths that have happened in 2016, his saddens me the least.
all that shows was that he was smarter than those other guys.....

Since Ali was a member of the Nation of Islam....did he ever renounce his association with the racist hate organization?

I don't think so, I think we are seeing a resurgence of racist attitude that can be smacked down just like it has many times before. Racists are like cockroaches, been around since the beginning of time and resistant to most bug sprays. But they can be controlled.
You are too narrow-minded. You neglect the plethora of ethnic enmity that underlies our current state of disintegration. It will become just as it was before. Instead of Cherokee and Apache it will be Armenians and Turks. Warring tribes with some getting wiped out like the Anasazi.

He's dead at 74. He floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee.

Muhammad Ali, 'The Greatest of All Time', Dead at 74
The greatest of all sports legends. One of my very favorites as well. No one could box like Muhammad Ali. What a treat to watch him when he was so fast and quick and dominant. Also, a first class world diplomat.

I was quite young but I remember watching this on Ed Sullivan. It was sometime during that 3 year period when Ali was banned from boxing. I thought the beard, et al. was real back then not realizing he was in some stage play.

Since Ali was a member of the Nation of Islam....did he ever renounce his association with the racist hate organization?
You ever renounce your association with the NRA?

Why would I do that......they are not racist or haters and in fact are protecting the right of people to defend themselves against people like you...who only want the government to have guns.........and that worked out so well in Germany, the rest of Europe, Rwanda, Russia, China, Cuba, and currently Mexico....where the government with the drug cartels are murdering thousands of unarmed Mexican citizens each year....

if Ali was a member of the nation of islam...he was a racist and a hater, no different than the democrat kkk...in fact, both racist groups voted democrat......

How is it that you compare the NRA....a legal, civil rights organization with the nation of islam....a racist, hate group.....? How do you do that exactly.........?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back