Rest in Peace Muhammad Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people act like real asses when someone dies? No one leads a perfect life & to pick the day of someone's death to spout venom about that person is just despicable. This also goes for those of you that choose these types of occasions to lash out at others by using the memory of the dead.
Who the fuck is lashing out? We are talking about the person. My feelings don't change when someone dies. Maybe there should be a celebrity hang wringing ohmygodtheyaredead forum?
There are 12 pages of responses & not all of them are yours.
Perhaps try to realize that my post might not have been all about you.
I realize that but Ali is in the news and as such a topic of conversation. Not everyone was a fan. He did good but I think he was over rated and I was tired of "the greatest" moniker long ago.

Why do people act like real asses when someone dies? No one leads a perfect life & to pick the day of someone's death to spout venom about that person is just despicable. This also goes for those of you that choose these types of occasions to lash out at others by using the memory of the dead.
Who the fuck is lashing out? We are talking about the person. My feelings don't change when someone dies. Maybe there should be a celebrity hang wringing ohmygodtheyaredead forum?
I realize that but Ali is in the news and as such a topic of conversation. Not everyone was a fan. He did good but I think he was over rated and I was tired of "the greatest" moniker long ago.
That's fine but it really has nothing to do with my post.

Cassius Clay R.I.P.

Ali the greatest

With all the acclaim and love now showered upon Ali in his death, it is just as important to remember how hated this man once was in some quarters; how he once was reviled by many, even as he sacrificed his titles and his fortune.

Years go it was popular for Black athletes to show their disrespect for their own Country and embrace a weird form of Muslem jihad. Not so much anymore.

That's fine but it really has nothing to do with my post.
I thought it did.

Years go it was popular for Black athletes to show their disrespect for their own Country and embrace a weird form of Muslem jihad. Not so much anymore.
your country,? :badgrin: the days of whitey t bible thumper is coming to an end. America will realize its true greatness as a multicultural multiracial society

Last edited:
How is changing your religion disrespectful of your country?

My country was built on freedom of religion

The Greatest! R.I.P.

the-ali-shuffle-p4-with-cosell-o.gif
nyI45mT.gif

RIP

with G Foreman, The Rumble in the Jungle in 1974 in Kinshasa, Zaire

1) Michael Loewe (Born 1969, Welterweight) never fought Ali.

2) Ricardo Lopez (Born 1966, Light flyweight, Minimumweight) never fought Ali.

3) Terry Marsh (Born 1958, Light Welterweight) never fought Ali.

4) Harry Simon (Born 1971, Middleweight, Super middleweight, Light heavyweight, Light middleweight) never fought Ali.

5) Dimitry Pirog (Born 1980, Middleweight) never fought Ali.

6) Edwin Valero (Born 1981, Lightweight, Super featherweight) never fought Ali.

Because ALL of them were A) Born before, at, near or after the peak of Ali's boxing career, and B) never fought a heavyweight bout in their careers.

Sit down liar. You've been TKO'd.
Looks more like you just TKO's yourself (AGAIN). So what if they didn't fight Ali ? Like he is supposed to be some standard that everyone might be gauged by ? How absurd.

He was a good boxer who was champ for awhile, but he got beat by a variety of different fighters. One of them (Leon Spinks), a low ranked almost unknown boxer, took the title from Ali, when Spinks was a rookie fighter with only 7 fights under his belt.

As for fighting a heavyweight, Rocky Marciano was a heavyweight (you obviously don't know what you're talking about), and what does it matter ? Clay called himself the greatest, not just the greatest heavyweight. He was nowhere near the greatest. Every one of the undefeated fighters I listed, were the greatest, and they EARNED that distinction by going undefeated, not by running their mouths, and calling themselves the greatest.

Ali was just another very good heavyweight champion, but not top ranked. Marciano tops him in that regard. To think of Marciano doing what Ali (Clay) did in losing to Spinks, is a joke. Marciano probably would have knocked Spinks out in the first round. There are other fighters who were not undefeated, and they also were better than Clay. Mike Tyson and Aaron Pryor for example.

Last edited:
Sorry if that conflicts with your white superiority complex. Ali was the greatest, and there's nothing you can do about it.
No need to be sorry. He was not even close to the greatest. Amazing how easily you can be buffaloed, just by media hype. And FYI, I'm part Hispanic, Mr anti-white racist.

4) Harry Simon (Born 1971, Middleweight, Super middleweight, Light heavyweight, Light middleweight) never fought Ali.

Because ALL of them were A) Born before, at, near or after the peak of Ali's boxing career, and B) never fought a heavyweight bout in their careers.

Looks more like you just TKO's yourself (AGAIN). So what if they didn't fight Ali ? Like he is supposed to be some standard that everyone might be gauged by ? How absurd.

He was a good boxer who was champ for awhile, but he got beat by a variety of different fighters. One of them (Leon Spinks), a low ranked almost unknown boxer, took the title from Ali, when Spinks was a rookie fighter with only 7 fights under his belt.

As for fighting a heavyweight, Rocky Marciano was a heavyweight (you obviously don't know what you're talking about), and what does it matter ? Clay called himself the greatest, not just the greatest heavyweight. He was nowhere near the greatest. Every one of the undefeated fighters I listed, were the greatest, and they EARNED that distinction by going undefeated, not by running their mouths, and calling themselves the greatest.

Ali is often contrasted to Rocky Marciano. While Marciano went undefeated, the quality of his opponents paled compared to who Ali fought
Marciano beat Jersey Joe Walcot. Hardly an all time great

Ali beat Liston, Patterson, Frazier, Norton, Foreman

Ali is often contrasted to Rocky Marciano. While Marciano went undefeated, the quality of his opponents paled compared to who Ali fought

And what makes you think they were any better than Marciano's opponents ? Ali calling himself "the greatest" ? HA HA.

Last edited:

And what makes you think they were any better than Marciano's opponents ? Ali calling himself "the greatest" ? HA HA.

They are all Hall of Fame Boxers

Marciano fought Walcott, Ezzard Charles and an aged Joe Louis
Hardly the caliber of who Ali fought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back