🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Restaurant Bans Guns...But Not Armed Robbery

And how many would be killed in a shootout?

Your Hollywood view of the world where the good guys and the bad guys shoot it out and the good guys always win is not warranted. Starbucks does not want your guns in their stores
True.

The right to carry a concealed firearm pursuant to the right of self-defense is intended to safeguard the individual, not empower the individual to act as ‘law enforcement.’

It’s naïve and ignorant to assume that those carrying a concealed firearm will act as a ‘deterrent’ to crime in a given venue, where it’s reckless and irresponsible for those who are carrying a concealed firearm to engage alleged criminals in a ‘shoot-out’ in the event of a robbery.

The premise of this thread fails accordingly.

finally, a logician

You are being sarcastic, right?

What we do know is that three armed robbers went into that restaurant and nobody was killed

We also know that a single armed robber went into a Starbucks awhile back and two were killed. So ...

Your Hollywood view of the world where the good guys and the bad guys shoot it out and the good guys always win is not warranted. Starbucks does not want your guns in their stores

Your assumption that a shoot-out inevitable ensues is also false. Most of the time the criminals simply run away.

We also know that a single armed robber went into a Starbucks awhile back and two were killed. So ...

Your assumption that a shoot-out inevitable ensues is also false. Most of the time the criminals simply run away.
Any smart business doesn't want to take that chance.

…it’s a fallacy to assume that the two killed in the Starbucks would have survived if a customer was carrying a concealed weapon at the time, or that the alleged criminal would have refrained from robbing the establishment absent the no guns policy.

And equally fallacious to assume that such an escalation wouldn't have taken down the same two, or likely more, in a free-for-all crossfire.

"Hey, there's a fire. Let's put it out with this gas pump".

No one assumes it, knucklehead. The recorded events show that to be the case.

The "recorded events" from the Marvel Comic book in Finger-boy's head.... hey, that's impressive shit.

>> There is no evidence indicating that arming Americans further will help prevent mass shootings or reduce the carnage, says Dr. Stephen Hargarten, a leading expert on emergency medicine and gun violence at the Medical College of Wisconsin. To the contrary, there appears to be a relationship between the proliferation of firearms and a rise in mass shootings: By our count, there have been two per year on average since 1982. Yet, 25 of the 62 cases we examined have occurred since 2006. In 2012 alone there have been seven mass shootings, and a record number of casualties, with more than 140 people injured and killed.

Armed civilians attempting to intervene are actually more likely to increase the bloodshed, says Hargarten, "given that civilian shooters are less likely to hit their targets than police in these circumstances." A chaotic scene in August at the Empire State Building put this starkly into perspective when New York City police officers trained in counterterrorism confronted a gunman and wounded nine innocent bystanders in the process. << (link)

>> We identified and analyzed 62 of them, and one striking pattern in the data is this: In not a single case was the killing stopped by a civilian using a gun. And in other recent (but less lethal) rampages in which armed civilians attempted to intervene, those civilians not only failed to stop the shooter but also were gravely wounded or killed. << (ibid)​

Might wanna flip the pages of that Marvel Comic before the pages get stuck together.

What we do know is that three armed robbers went into that restaurant and nobody was killed

If I am there only one dies in a shootout. The bad guy.

If I am there only one dies in a shootout. The bad guy.

Armed, arrogant, and stupid &#8211; a recipe for disaster.
He's a wrongful death suit, and a body bag, waiting to happen.

I'm a great shot!! I practice all the time. I can almost shoot as well with my left hand as I do with my right. Practice, practice, practice. My dad was a small arms instructor in the military and again in the National Guard and he trained all of his sons when we were very young. Don't presume to know more than you do.

Armed, arrogant, and stupid – a recipe for disaster.
He's a wrongful death suit, and a body bag, waiting to happen.

I'm a great shot!! I practice all the time. I can almost shoot as well with my left hand as I do with my right. Practice, practice, practice. My dad was a small arms instructor in the military and again in the National Guard and he trained all of his sons when we were very young. Don't presume to know more than you do.
I know all I need to John Wayne wannabe.

Any smart business doesn't want to take that chance.

They're taking a chance if they aren't armed. The question is which risk is greater?

Lots of people don't like guns around them, and their kids especially. If more people in your area feel that way, business is good, if that is your policy. Businesses should try to make the customers happy right?

As usual, a liberal just makes shit up to support an irrational position.

Please provide a link to support your claim that "lots of people don't like guns around them, especially their kids" or admit that you just make shit up.

Considering America leads the world in gun ownership, it would be fair to say that "lots of people" actually LOVE guns. It's also fair to say that if "lots of people don't like guns" (as you ignorantly state), then not getting robbed at gun point should be a high priority for restaurants. You know - just to make the customers happy, right?
What restaurants likes is good press, meaning no one gets shot or dies in them. The loss of some cash here or there, that's just the cost of doing business.

Is it "good press" for your customers to know that thugs will enter your building armed with guns and rob anyone inside? :bang3:

I love how dumb-ass here considers armed robbery "just a cost of doing business". It doesn't have to be a cost at all - if you just kept your business and your patrons armed. But then again, you've proven time and time again on USMB that common sense is not your strong point.

I visited a friend in Wyo some years ago and it was a smallish town full of cowboys who had their guns slung on their hip, rifles in the back window of their trucks. Going out to eat lunch at the local cafe, the place was full of people..most wearing guns. Didn't bother me in the least. What would bother me is going in to a restaurant or cafe or fast food late at night and there are signs all over the place saying NO GUNS!

Um. No. I'll pass.
When I go to chicken here there are usually three of four fat lawmen with guns there, and it still gets robbed. Their policy? Hand over the cash, do as the robber says, and duck. It works and I am unconcerned.

Dumb ass is actually trying to make the case that armed robbery is acceptable, and that armed citizens are more dangerous and repugnant than the thugs committing armed robbery :bang3:

On top of that, he believes "roll over and play victim" is a quality strategy for dealing with crime. Jesus, are you the biggest fuck'n dill-hole in the history of USMB.

You live in a Bruce Willis movie, we live the real world. Nuff said.

Your version of the world is people with guns come to rob or kill you and you lay down like a punk and hand over your belongings, or your life. But you're happy as long as nobody upset or confronted the thief.
My version is you don't pretend to be John Wayne for a bit of cash. It's the same tired and true advice that banks, and restaurants, and stores have used for hundreds of years. Money isn't worth dying for. At some point in life, you were supposed to have learned that, so why didn't you wannabe hero?

But according to you, your life also isn't worth taking the time to actually carry a gun and protect yourself. You prefer to be a victim (no surprise considering you've enjoyed bending over for men since you hit puberty).

Keep defending the armed robbers, stupid. You're really make yourself look super intelligent in front of everyone :eusa_doh:

As usual, a liberal just makes shit up to support an irrational position.

Please provide a link to support your claim that "lots of people don't like guns around them, especially their kids" or admit that you just make shit up.

Considering America leads the world in gun ownership, it would be fair to say that "lots of people" actually LOVE guns. It's also fair to say that if "lots of people don't like guns" (as you ignorantly state), then not getting robbed at gun point should be a high priority for restaurants. You know - just to make the customers happy, right?
What restaurants likes is good press, meaning no one gets shot or dies in them. The loss of some cash here or there, that's just the cost of doing business.

Is it "good press" for your customers to know that thugs will enter your building armed with guns and rob anyone inside? :bang3:

I love how dumb-ass here considers armed robbery "just a cost of doing business". It doesn't have to be a cost at all - if you just kept your business and your patrons armed. But then again, you've proven time and time again on USMB that common sense is not your strong point.
I did not think anyone could be as stupid and ignorant as Archie Bunker. You solution to stopping robberies is exactly the same solution Bunker had to stop airplane hyjackings. Archie wanted to arm all the passengers and you want to arm all the customers..

I'm just so confused. How is it that liberal policy of banning guns didn't stop these armed robbers?!? Watching the failure of liberal policy never stops being fall-down hilarious...

Restaurant with 'No Weapons, No Concealed Firearms' Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

So Heather at the cash register was supposed to shoot the guy? Do you know why restaurants, nearly without exception and especially the chain ones, tell their employees to do as the robber say, had over the cash, and do not, under any circumstances, go after them but if you do you are fired on the spot? See if you can figure out why that might be little cat toy...

Typical liberal misogynist homosexual cock-sucker thinks a woman is only capable of serving a man food...

Police: Phoenix homeowner shoots intruder

Notice how this misogynist prick has no response for his belief that woman are only capable of serving a man food, and that they could not possibly defend themselves?!?

Well here is another example of women defending themselves, you woman-hating homo...

Woman shoots, kills intruder in Detroit - WXYZ.com

Forum List

Back