Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases

I addressed every single one of your posts. I wouldn't, nor have I, recommend, that anyone start a family on today's min wage. But it was more feasible in our country's history. And that was without government supports. So, we can't have it both ways. Either everyone survives on livable wages, or the demand for a government safety net subsidizes stagnant wages.
There you go with the livable wage thing again. Starter wages are not for grown adults to raise families on. It's for kids (young adults). If you can't get past minimum wage we don't need them to reproduce.

You forget that large numbers of minimum wage workers are spouses taking a second job in the household to try to make ends meet.
so they are not depending on a MW wage job to "survive"

What part of making ends meet don't you understand?

I get it. You want a large permanent underclass of working poor in this country much like you would see in the Third World, or maybe Mexico, etc.

The question is why do you want that?

Our so called poor people are richer than 70% of the entire world's population and are no worse off here than they are in any other first world country

But you want to MAKE them worse off. Why?

Labor is a not a 'surcharge'. It's a cost of doing business.

so are fuel costs but when gas was 2.60 a gallon all my vendors added fuel surcharges to their bills
so this is no different

Did they include a labor surcharge because the drivers make more than minimum wage?

They included a surcharge when costs went up that were not in their control

the labor increase for this restaurant owner went up and was out of his control

you really are making a mountain of of a mouse turd here

There you go with the livable wage thing again. Starter wages are not for grown adults to raise families on. It's for kids (young adults). If you can't get past minimum wage we don't need them to reproduce.

You forget that large numbers of minimum wage workers are spouses taking a second job in the household to try to make ends meet.

I get it. You want a large permanent underclass of working poor in this country much like you would see in the Third World, or maybe Mexico, etc.

Our so called poor people are richer than 70% of the entire world's population and are no worse off here than they are in any other first world country

I'm not making them worse off.

I'd like to know, too.

If you support letting wages stagnate even more while cost of living goes up, then yes, you are.

I'd like to know, too.
how has anything I have said made anyone worse off?

it hasn't

I'm not advocating cutting benefits to the poor just not increasing them so they would be no worse off
and like I said our so called poor have it better than all actual poor people and just as good as the so called poor in other first world countries

If you support letting wages stagnate even more while cost of living goes up, then yes, you are.

3% make the federal MW
more than half of all states have a MW that is more than the federal MW

the average American worker gets paid over 24 dollars an hour

if you want to get a better paying job you can
If you want to put burgers in paper bags for the rest of your life then you will get paid what that job is worth and it will never be much

your choice

I'd like to know, too.

it hasn't

I'm not advocating cutting benefits to the poor just not increasing them so they would be no worse off
and like I said our so called poor have it better than most actual poor people and just as good as the so called poor in other first world countries

Well, at least there's that. Not cutting benefits to the poor because their wages aren't enough is something. It would be better if we didn't need those benefits to subsidize business' lousy wages, but I'll take it.

I'd like to know, too.

it hasn't

and like I said our so called poor have it better than most actual poor people and just as good as the so called poor in other first world countries

Well, at least there's that. Not cutting benefits to the poor because their wages aren't enough is something. It would be better if we didn't need those benefits to subsidize business' lousy wages, but I'll take it.

then there is the little inconvenience that merely qualifying for government handouts doesn't actually mean you need those government handouts

I'd like to know, too.

it hasn't

then there is the little inconvenience that merely qualifying for government handouts doesn't actually mean you need those government handouts

I would disagree with that.

Skull Pilot, you seem to think that getting a job is as easy as just going out and taking it. The "burger flippers" are doing that sometimes because it is what they can find at the time. And they can't put life and bills on hold to wait for a better job.

Please tell me you realize that

I'd like to know, too.

it hasn't

I would disagree with that.
I figured

Skull Pilot, you seem to think that getting a job is as easy as just going out and taking it. The "burger flippers" are doing that sometimes because it is what they can find at the time. And they can't put life and bills on hold to wait for a better job.

Please tell me you realize that

I realize that people think one 40 hour a week job should be all they need.

If you need 500 a week to live then it's up to you to find a way to earn 500 a week.
If you can only get 10 an hour for your skills then you work 50 hours a week in any combination of full or part time jobs needed either for an employer or for yourself

anyone of sound mind and able body is capable of supporting himself

At least he isn't a slimy salesman, now that would make any parent cringe, how dishonest of a profession can you get, right up there with ambulance chaser.
The president, who was a salesman before he got the promotion, is taking us sales guys to Florida wed-friday. It's funny there are a lot more common sense liberals in the front offices in manufacturing. They get it.

The Republicans in the warehouse seem to half get it like you. You're not a total nut but still you fucking signed up for trump university ya dope. You and la ram fan buddy's now?

I didn't sign up for anything, I don't care for Trump. But he is a hell of a lot better than the slimy Clinton. Funny how it is okay for Democrats to fuck you over but you don't like it when Republicans do.
Slimy only in dupe world. When did Dems fuck us? LOL.

Seriously? You have to ask? Lol! Even Sealy will tell you the Dems have screwed us over, only a dishonest partisan hack would claim otherwise. Wake up dupe, both the Dems and the GOP love your ignorance.
Actually the dems didn't fuck the people the people fucked themselves by voting GOP or even worse, not showing up to vote.
We have the government we have because only right and left wingers are the only ones who vote every 2 years

The Dems are now the other party for the rich, it happened during the Clinton administration and in 2009 people were losing their homes at record rates and what did the democrats do? Bailout the rich and let the middle class suffer. Read the links I gave Franco, there are liberals that realize what has happened to the Democratic Party, only the dupes that can't see it.

As you can see, the poorer you are, the more state and local taxes bite into your income. As you get richer, those taxes recede, and you're mainly getting hit be federal taxes. So that's another lesson: When you omit state and local taxes from your analysis, you're omitting the taxes that hit lower-income taxpayers hardest.
So the poorer you are the more impact local taxes has on what's left in your pocket and we shouldn't consider they pay no federal tax?

You're a genius.
You're not. Point is, you're duped by your greedy idiot rich GOP brainwashers. They pay no more %wise than the middle class, and end up with all the new wealth, dupe. While the middle class and the country fall apart...

The president, who was a salesman before he got the promotion, is taking us sales guys to Florida wed-friday. It's funny there are a lot more common sense liberals in the front offices in manufacturing. They get it.

The Republicans in the warehouse seem to half get it like you. You're not a total nut but still you fucking signed up for trump university ya dope. You and la ram fan buddy's now?

I didn't sign up for anything, I don't care for Trump. But he is a hell of a lot better than the slimy Clinton. Funny how it is okay for Democrats to fuck you over but you don't like it when Republicans do.
Slimy only in dupe world. When did Dems fuck us? LOL.

Seriously? You have to ask? Lol! Even Sealy will tell you the Dems have screwed us over, only a dishonest partisan hack would claim otherwise. Wake up dupe, both the Dems and the GOP love your ignorance.
Actually the dems didn't fuck the people the people fucked themselves by voting GOP or even worse, not showing up to vote.
We have the government we have because only right and left wingers are the only ones who vote every 2 years

The Dems are now the other party for the rich, it happened during the Clinton administration and in 2009 people were losing their homes at record rates and what did the democrats do? Bailout the rich and let the middle class suffer. Read the links I gave Franco, there are liberals that realize what has happened to the Democratic Party, only the dupes that can't see it.
All because the New BS GOP BLOCKED everything, stupid. Except ACA, the best thing that ever happened for poor workers.

As you can see, the poorer you are, the more state and local taxes bite into your income. As you get richer, those taxes recede, and you're mainly getting hit be federal taxes. So that's another lesson: When you omit state and local taxes from your analysis, you're omitting the taxes that hit lower-income taxpayers hardest.
So the poorer you are the more impact local taxes has on what's left in your pocket and we shouldn't consider they pay no federal tax?

You're a genius.
You're not. Point is, you're duped by your greedy idiot rich GOP brainwashers. They pay no more %wise than the middle class, and end up with all the new wealth, dupe. While the middle class and the country fall apart...
Why should you be allowed to take more money because they are more successful than you?

I addressed every single one of your posts. I wouldn't, nor have I, recommend, that anyone start a family on today's min wage. But it was more feasible in our country's history. And that was without government supports. So, we can't have it both ways. Either everyone survives on livable wages, or the demand for a government safety net subsidizes stagnant wages.

And yet that's not how reality bears out. Places that pay min wage don't limit hiring exclusively to kids. And in our nation's history, it was once quite livable. Was that a mistake, in your opinion?
I said several times I'm not buying it. People that had starting wages weren't raising families. You're just repeating yourself.

Forum List

Back