Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases

Which horse will run faster, the one with the carrot dangling in front of him or the one that won't leave the barn because you feed him so many carrots he doesn't even want to get up?

Tough love is what's needed for many of these people. If you give them no reason to try, they won't try.

And then there's the horse who never gets a decent bite of the carrot and falls down dead from exhaustion. But by God, that horse had self-respect!

I don't know about you but I would work 3 jobs and pick up dog shit for a penny a pile before I ever took a handout

it's called pride

get some

First, that reminds me of when I had a dog, and I would think, "if I had a nickel for every shit I picked up......"

Second, I did the math, and over two years, I would have 73 dollars. So would you really do that for a penny a pile? Or would you be that proverbial dead horse?

you forgot the part where I said work 3 jobs AND pick up dog shit for a penny a pile

So the dog shit job would be the first to go?

Would you also forgo sleep? Would you literally kill yourself ith work to survive?

Great. Have at it.

People don't need as much sleep as they think they do.

My 4 years as an undergrad I worked full time nights 11-7 while taking 18 credits on days I didn't have class I cleaned 4 houses a day on weekends I waited tables and in the summer I worked even more

I got 4 hours sleep a day for years on end and still graduated with a 3.9

So you see your sob stories don't really resonate with me.

They just don't like you. And gee, i wonder why? Most do say yes. Most Workers grab any extra hours they can get. And most of those who do say no, have valid reasons.

Correct, they do have valid reasons. If they earn to much, the government takes it out of their food stamp allowance.

Ha, y'all greedy white Republicans are still stuck in that bizarre fantasy bubble. What you're ranting about is a very rare scenario. Yet y'all try to play it off like that represents most struggling American Workers. It's just a way for y'all to justify being greedy and hateful.

Right, I just work with industry all day long five days a week. Only "a few" place I went to told me this same story not to mention a personal friend of mine.

Sorry, but it happens constantly with temporary workers. What they do is three or four of them live in one place and pool their SNAP's cards together. Four people can live off of two of the cards for the month, and they sell the other two for extra money.

Ok, Archie Bunker. Sure thing. Stop beating Edith and get real. You're just demonizing so you can feel 'justified' in being so hateful and greedy.

Most do not say yes
I know because I have experience in the matter and you don't

and please quote me where I used the word lazy anywhere in this thread

That's all you Asshole

They just don't like you. And gee, i wonder why? Most do say yes. Most Workers grab any extra hours they can get. And most of those who do say no, have valid reasons.

You're just choosing to fixate on the very few who are lazy. Again, that's part of your 'Their All Evil Lazy Welfare People' fantasy. You live in the fantasy to justify mistreating fellow Americans. I bet you consider yourself a 'Good Christian' too.

You are wrong of course.

I used to be a shift manager for a company in my late 20s and I used to make overtime calls all the time I got far more nos than yeses

if you were right I would have always found someone to work OT on my very first call

Well in my experience, most Workers i've known gladly accepted more hours. I can only speak for myself on it though. My experience is the complete opposite of yours. I think you just enjoy seeing that 'Evil Lazy Welfare' Boogeyman at every turn. It helps you justify being greedy and hateful.
He's got some stoners renting from him, so all the poor are like them...

Yeah, old white Republican dude sure does see that 'Evil Lazy Welfare' Boogeyman hiding under every bed, huh? So much hate & greed. They have to demonize though. It helps them feel 'justified' in being so hateful.

The hate comes from seeing how these people get away with this shit all the time. I see it at work, I see it at the grocery store, and hell, I see it right next door to me in the HUD house.

Yeah, they have the mini-van, the ten kids, and they don't leave the house all day long. In the meantime, I'm up at 5:30 every morning to go out and work so I can create enough tax money to support them staying at home.

So am I hateful? You bet I am. Can anybody blame me? No.

Correct, they do have valid reasons. If they earn to much, the government takes it out of their food stamp allowance.

Ha, y'all greedy white Republicans are still stuck in that bizarre fantasy bubble. What you're ranting about is a very rare scenario. Yet y'all try to play it off like that represents most struggling American Workers. It's just a way for y'all to justify being greedy and hateful.

Right, I just work with industry all day long five days a week. Only "a few" place I went to told me this same story not to mention a personal friend of mine.

Sorry, but it happens constantly with temporary workers. What they do is three or four of them live in one place and pool their SNAP's cards together. Four people can live off of two of the cards for the month, and they sell the other two for extra money.

Ok, Archie Bunker. Sure thing. Stop beating Edith and get real. You're just demonizing so you can feel 'justified' in being so hateful and greedy.

Food Stamps Exchanged For Drugs, Weapons, Contraband - Judicial Watch

Detroit Lotto winner found dead. 

I never knew we were going to get an urban legend about scamming welfare in this thread!

Cool story, bro.

Greedy white Republican dude always demonizes and exaggerates. It's a way they can live with themselves. When they demonize and exaggerate, it makes them feel justified for being so hateful and greedy.

For them, all poor struggling fellow Americans are just 'Evil Lazy Welfare' Boogeymen. They view them as 'subhuman.' That's why they have no problem mistreating them. Very hateful delusional folks. :cuckoo:

There's a reason some would prefer that more limited conversation. For most Americans, payroll and state and local taxes make up the majority of their tax bill. The federal income tax, by contrast, is our most progressive tax -- it's the tax we've designed to place the heaviest burden on the rich while bypassing the poor. And we've done that, again, because the working class is already paying a fairly high tax bill through payroll and state and local taxes.

But most people don't know very much about the tax code.

Boy, you could say that again.

Those payroll taxes you speak of are more like savings accounts. Unless you pass away before retirement, you will get your Social Security money back, you will get your FICA back because FICA is just a fancy word for Social Security. You will get you medicare deductions back. And if you live to the average lifespan, you will get much more back than you put in.

Your city and state taxes provide you with services YOU use every day.

Outside of entitlements, Congress spends income tax money for everything else, and nearly half of the people in this country don't pay that tax.
Who's fault is that? The rich have a capital gains tax preference, to help create Jobs Booms, so the poor can also be Patriotic, and pay personal income taxes through a work ethic from the Age of Iron.

Democrats would never allow it. When they promise people more goodies, they do so with the expectation it will cost somebody else. If we all had to pay for those goodies, the Democrats would not be able to offer them anymore.
why not end the capital gains tax preference?

Because that would have a negative effect on the stock market and other investments.

I never knew we were going to get an urban legend about scamming welfare in this thread!

Cool story, bro.

You can believe anything you like, but I'll trust the people in the know.

You're just choosing to fixate on the very few who are lazy. Again, that's part of your 'Their All Evil Lazy Welfare People' fantasy. You live in the fantasy to justify mistreating fellow Americans. I bet you consider yourself a 'Good Christian' too.

You are wrong of course.

I used to be a shift manager for a company in my late 20s and I used to make overtime calls all the time I got far more nos than yeses

if you were right I would have always found someone to work OT on my very first call

Well in my experience, most Workers i've known gladly accepted more hours. I can only speak for myself on it though. My experience is the complete opposite of yours. I think you just enjoy seeing that 'Evil Lazy Welfare' Boogeyman at every turn. It helps you justify being greedy and hateful.

Yeah, old white Republican dude sure does see that 'Evil Lazy Welfare' Boogeyman hiding under every bed, huh? So much hate & greed. They have to demonize though. It helps them feel 'justified' in being so hateful.

The hate comes from seeing how these people get away with this shit all the time. I see it at work, I see it at the grocery store, and hell, I see it right next door to me in the HUD house.

Yeah, they have the mini-van, the ten kids, and they don't leave the house all day long. In the meantime, I'm up at 5:30 every morning to go out and work so I can create enough tax money to support them staying at home.

Yeah, definitely time for you to escape that greedy old white Republican fantasy bubble. You're delusional.

You are wrong of course.

You live next door to HUD housing?

Here's some advice: Lose the hate and resentment, get yourself some training and a real job and get as far from that environment as you can.

Maybe it will improve your outlook on life.

Actually the dems didn't fuck the people the people fucked themselves by voting GOP or even worse, not showing up to vote.
We have the government we have because only right and left wingers are the only ones who vote every 2 years

The Dems are now the other party for the rich, it happened during the Clinton administration and in 2009 people were losing their homes at record rates and what did the democrats do? Bailout the rich and let the middle class suffer. Read the links I gave Franco, there are liberals that realize what has happened to the Democratic Party, only the dupes that can't see it.
All because the New BS GOP BLOCKED everything, stupid. Except ACA, the best thing that ever happened for poor workers.

And the worst thing that ever happened to middle-class workers.
Unions brought everyone's wages up. The GOP have destroyed unions and no coincidence wages have gone down

The GOP had nothing to do with the unions. That's just urban legend. The Republicans never supported unions, but that's a far cry from destroying them.

Unions destroyed themselves. They were good at the beginning, but got too greedy as time went on.
Yup, Reagan was a Dem and the GOP is against Right to Work etc etc...

The Dems are now the other party for the rich, it happened during the Clinton administration and in 2009 people were losing their homes at record rates and what did the democrats do? Bailout the rich and let the middle class suffer. Read the links I gave Franco, there are liberals that realize what has happened to the Democratic Party, only the dupes that can't see it.
All because the New BS GOP BLOCKED everything, stupid. Except ACA, the best thing that ever happened for poor workers.

Unions brought everyone's wages up. The GOP have destroyed unions and no coincidence wages have gone down

The GOP had nothing to do with the unions. That's just urban legend. The Republicans never supported unions, but that's a far cry from destroying them.

Unions destroyed themselves. They were good at the beginning, but got too greedy as time went on.

You liberals are all for pro-choice except when it comes to working.

You are wrong of course.

You live next door to HUD housing?

Here's some advice: Lose the hate and resentment, get yourself some training and a real job and get as far from that environment as you can.

Maybe it will improve your outlook on life.

I see, so your suggestions is pretend it isn't there and it won't be. You really are liberal, ain't cha???

You liberals are all for pro-choice except when it comes to working.
Funny how everything gets better under Dems and gets ruined under your lying con men, dupe.
After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole? :cuckoo:

Incredibly rare scenario. One that you personally will never encounter. So stop trying to play it off that all struggling fellow Americans are like this woman. Because that's just not reality. You just wanna believe it's the norm so you can justify treating fellow Americans poorly.

Incredibly rare scenario. One that you personally will never encounter. So stop trying to play it off that all struggling fellow Americans are like this woman. Because that's just not reality. You just wanna believe it's the norm so you can justify treating fellow Americans poorly.

What can I do? If you want to live in your own make believe world, there is nothing I can do to help you. I can post ten thousand stories just like this one, and as long as you insist on putting the palms of your hands against your ears and sing aloud, then you're not going to acknowledge one of them.

I told you about my experiences at work, I told you about my experiences with these people at the store, I told you about my experiences with these people in my very own neighborhood, and everything I told you were anomalies in your mind.

In your mind, poor people are dad and the kids sitting at the kitchen table under a light socket hanging from it's wires with a 25 watt bulb in it. Dad is in his dirty torn tee shirt tired from working 12 hour days, and the kids too are dirty wearing hand me down clothing. Everybody is skinny because they don't eat properly, and mom is sweating over a pot of stew trying to sneak in more water to make it go farther. In your mind, this is reality to you.

There's a reason some would prefer that more limited conversation. For most Americans, payroll and state and local taxes make up the majority of their tax bill. The federal income tax, by contrast, is our most progressive tax -- it's the tax we've designed to place the heaviest burden on the rich while bypassing the poor. And we've done that, again, because the working class is already paying a fairly high tax bill through payroll and state and local taxes.

But most people don't know very much about the tax code.

Boy, you could say that again.

Those payroll taxes you speak of are more like savings accounts. Unless you pass away before retirement, you will get your Social Security money back, you will get your FICA back because FICA is just a fancy word for Social Security. You will get you medicare deductions back. And if you live to the average lifespan, you will get much more back than you put in.

Your city and state taxes provide you with services YOU use every day.

Outside of entitlements, Congress spends income tax money for everything else, and nearly half of the people in this country don't pay that tax.
Who's fault is that? The rich have a capital gains tax preference, to help create Jobs Booms, so the poor can also be Patriotic, and pay personal income taxes through a work ethic from the Age of Iron.

Democrats would never allow it. When they promise people more goodies, they do so with the expectation it will cost somebody else. If we all had to pay for those goodies, the Democrats would not be able to offer them anymore.
why not end the capital gains tax preference?

That would disincentive capital investment. Is that what you want?

What can I do? If you want to live in your own make believe world, there is nothing I can do to help you. I can post ten thousand stories just like this one, and as long as you insist on putting the palms of your hands against your ears and sing aloud, then you're not going to acknowledge one of them.

I told you about my experiences at work, I told you about my experiences with these people at the store, I told you about my experiences with these people in my very own neighborhood, and everything I told you were anomalies in your mind.

In your mind, poor people are dad and the kids sitting at the kitchen table under a light socket hanging from it's wires with a 25 watt bulb in it. Dad is in his dirty torn tee shirt tired from working 12 hour days, and the kids too are dirty wearing hand me down clothing. Everybody is skinny because they don't eat properly, and mom is sweating over a pot of stew trying to sneak in more water to make it go farther. In your mind, this is reality to you.

This woman isn't the norm. And i'm sure you greedy white Republican folks know that. She isn't representative of average struggling fellow Americans. Y'all just wanna live your hate fantasies. It helps you feel you're justified in hating fellow Americans. You see them as the 'Bad Guy.' But in reality, you're the Bad Guy.

Also noticed how you side stepped all the links proving your Democrats are the party of the rich.
The party of the GOOD rich who want to raise their own taxes and invest in America. Not
the lying cheating greedy idiot GOP rich, dupe.
Democrats the GOOD kind of rich? That's rich.
Like Hollywood rich. They aren't usually greedy or conservative. They know they hit the work lotto and don't mind paying a progressive tax
You know this, how? Got a source or just imagination?

Forum List

Back