Restaurants Closing in 2019

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Another irritating Yahoo “go to the next page” article.

Here’s just a few on the list:

Carl’s Jr.

Starbuck’s [where they aren’t building new ones like in Vegas]

iHop

Subway

Applebee’s

GettyImages-664873142.jpg

Ruby Tuesday’s [Never been to one]

Go to All The Restaurants That Are Closing Locations In 2019 to see them all.

I tend to stay away from chain restaurants

I like family owned restaurants better

We went to Fridays Saturday night for a Sundae.Monday we went to Ruby Tuesday.

Some of the listed places are ones that I have never heard of. My city used to have the place named Luby's, but it closed around fifteen years ago. Our Quizno's went about ten years ago. My local Papa John's and O Charleys had better stay right where they are at. I love their garlic butter and caramel pie! And may one of our six Subway locations remain too, I love their black forest ham!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. IHOP, Ruby Tuesday, Apple Bee's, Star Bucks, and Papa Murphy's are also here, but they are not any of my favorites. What I don't understand about the Papa Murphy's place is why they don't just go all the way with their product. I've never been there and so I may be wrong here, but is it true that they make the pizza, but the heating of it has to be done where ever the customer takes it to?

Many of the noted Restaurants have over expanded over the last decade

Especially Starbucks and Subway
They could benefit from closing some marginal locations

I used to live in an area that had one of them Steak N Shake places. To me, their fries were never anything special with them being made the way that they are made.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Where I am now, there is a place that is pretty much like Steak N Shake only it is named Freddie's Steak Burgers.

I’ve been to Subway and Applebee’s once.

After 2 bites from the sub I got from Subway several years ago, I threw it in the trash and never went back.

I recently had ribs from Applebee’s and won’t be going back.

Well do I remember the Steak 'n Shake on Route 1 in Apponaug, Rhode Island. It closed some 30 years ago and became used car lot. These days it's a Honey Dew Donut shop. I worked just across the side street from it for several years - they made a really nice lunch at a reasonable price. If I were in the area again and it was still open I'd definitely stop by for a steak sandwich on one of their fresh-baked rolls!

Loved Ruby Tuesday....Whenever we were in Las Cruces; we'd go to the one by Sam's club and gear up for the trip home through the desert. It was sort of like the last outpost of civilization.

Forum List

Back