Restoring Italian Ghost Towns

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

I like the idea of ghost towns. Creaking sidewalks,tumbleweed and Scooby Doo. I think that this can work on a small scale but it would be a shame to turn a country into a theme park.

with all the haunted castles y'all got, why bother with a town?

(BTW, I visited Pompei. Now THERE is a town frozen in time)

I like the idea of ghost towns. Creaking sidewalks,tumbleweed and Scooby Doo. I think that this can work on a small scale but it would be a shame to turn a country into a theme park.

I read an article about a year ago that a town in southern Italy had lost so much population over the years, they were offering €10,000 to people who move there, buy a house and fix it up and live there.

I read an article about a year ago that a town in southern Italy had lost so much population over the years, they were offering €10,000 to people who move there, buy a house and fix it up and live there.
No wonder Italy is going broke!

I saw that one.If I was a few years older I might have been tempted.

Forum List

Back