Rich Guys Leaving California

I love coming to California, but every time I do recently, rich guys tell me that they're leaving for Texas or Florida. Recent tax hikes have increased the highest marginal rate to 57% and that seems to be a breaking point. Apparently, Sacramento is worried enough that they're considering a 10% exit tax for those who leave the state. I talked to one guy last night who has already moved as much as he could out of the state in anticipation of this exit tax.

So, if you're a rich guy, and you don't want the state taking everything you work for, we in Florida welcome and appreciate you.

Rick Perry is trying to get them to come to here. I personally think that's a bad idea.

Why would you want a group of people that fucked up their current state to come to your state just to fuck it up too?

Do you think by moving their political ideology will change?

They voted in the liberal trash that bankrupted their state and they will do the same to your state.

I say make them fuckers lie in the bed they made.

Agreed!! My friends that live in Colorado absolutely HATE the "california hippies" that have flocked to Colorado over the past 20 or so years.

The last time my Wife and I visited our friends, we saw a car with a bumper sticker that read "California People GO HOME!!"

That's why I LOVE living in Montana. I have 100 acres of land, a nice house and, as an added bonus, I'm probably the ONLY Black guy here!!! :razz:

Those idiots in California pay $550,000 for a 1200 square foot house nowhere near the beach. I paid about half of that for my land and a house with 2500 square feet and a gorgeous view of the most beautiful mountains on earth.

well it must even out then....because A LOT of people from other States came here over the last 30 years or so and have helped bring this State down with their even MORE liberal attitudes then the ones that were already here....TM's being one....

When LA gets hit by an 8.0, chunk of it winds up in the "Spacific Ocean", does anyone actually expect the Liberal Controlled White House to come to the rescue? if anything it will be another "Ahh, Los Angeles Earthquake?, Nothing To See Here!" not our problem.

actually i just saw a show on the science channel were they don't think one that big will hit here because of the way the plates are here....they think a middle 7 would be all.....i have been in 2 high 6 pointers here ......exhilarating but not to much major damage around here....no one killed.... i don't even think the feds were called in....

[

That's why I LOVE living in Montana. I have 100 acres of land, a nice house and, as an added bonus, I'm probably the ONLY Black guy here!!! :razz:

You like it cause it means you get ALL the affirmative action. Why don't you stand up like a man and accomplish something on merit.?

You poor, stupid bigoted fool. I retired from the US Army and the Teamsters Union. I have been married 40 years and have never taken a dime in Welfare. I've raised 2 wonderful kids . I live 30 miles from the nearest town, raise my own food, hunt my own meat, heat my own house with wood.

Now, just what the hell have YOU accomplished other than talk out your ass??

meet Shootspeeders Randall......our resident bigot....

Economy of California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

California's economy is the 12th largest economy in the world

And when I was a kid it was the 6th largest.
Yep. I lived in California from 1970 to 1998.....Before the liberals managed to gain a complete foothold......But it got to be too much for Me, and I bailed......I lived in the Bay Area and later in Sacramento. If your an active person, California cannot be beat....but the politics have made it a cesspool......

Now, I'm thinking that Randall has the right idea and Montana is sounding pretty good as a retirement plan.

yep it was at one time maybe the best place on the planet to live....now...fuck.....and it pisses me off when people like Truth....come here from another State and then deny these things are happening......people like her are part of the problem....

I love coming to California, but every time I do recently, rich guys tell me that they're leaving for Texas or Florida. Recent tax hikes have increased the highest marginal rate to 57% and that seems to be a breaking point. Apparently, Sacramento is worried enough that they're considering a 10% exit tax for those who leave the state. I talked to one guy last night who has already moved as much as he could out of the state in anticipation of this exit tax.

So, if you're a rich guy, and you don't want the state taking everything you work for, we in Florida welcome and appreciate you.

Geez...is there anything Liberals won't tax.
Those that want to get out before they get hosed will get just that as they leave.
What will they do when the tax base that they depended on to steal from is gone.:cuckoo:

like i said earlier.....they would tax the number of turds in the bowl if they were able too....and if they couldn't tax ya......they will find a way to charge you a fee.....

California was once like a brand new Corvette, now it is the equivalent of a used 1991 Yugo, or 1976 used P.O.S. Chrysler Cordoba or a 1970 Pacer.
only in some places......here in OC that Corvette is still rolling....in many an area....El Centro is worse than a Yugo.....

Orange county is not representative of the entire state, wish it was, but its not.

whats funny is after i said how OC is doing better than most of the State....Truth said how OC is a Conservative stronghold and called me an idiot....:eusa_eh:.....did she even realize what she said?....

You guys just hate that the Free market
believes california is worth way more than any of your states

Oh, is that right? Why is it, do you suppose, that the CEO of "in-n-out" has stated the he "will build no more restaurants in California due to their oppressive tax structure" and, has now built a dozen of them throughout Texas?

Why is it that more companies have LEFT California that have built in California?

Why is it that stable, well off companies like "Cracker Barrel", "Texas Roadhouse" and others built one or two restaurants in California and then declined to build more?

Why is it that 9 Fortune 500 companies are in the process of relocating from California to Dallas and Houston?

Sorry, but no one, in their right mind, would locate their business in California.

Look at your principal business - show business. 90% of the actors and logistics personnel fly in to work, then head home to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and the like. Hell, those staunch liberals would rather keep their millions safe in other States.

Oh, is that right? Why is it, do you suppose, that the CEO of "in-n-out" has stated the he "will build no more restaurants in California due to their oppressive tax structure" and, has now built a dozen of them throughout Texas?

Why is it that more companies have LEFT California that have built in California?

Why is it that stable, well off companies like "Cracker Barrel", "Texas Roadhouse" and others built one or two restaurants in California and then declined to build more?

Why is it that 9 Fortune 500 companies are in the process of relocating from California to Dallas and Houston?

Sorry, but no one, in their right mind, would locate their business in California.

Look at your principal business - show business. 90% of the actors and logistics personnel fly in to work, then head home to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and the like. Hell, those staunch liberals would rather keep their millions safe in other States.

In Wyoming, the billionaires have pushed the millionaires out of Jackson, Wy.
Damn funny

Hell, Cali CHASED the industry away! 80% of the TV shows are now produced in Canada.
Most movies are produced elsewhere than California.

Hell, Cali CHASED the industry away! 80% of the TV shows are now produced in Canada.
Most movies are produced elsewhere than California.

absolutely true.....

Damn funny

That's funny!! But believe me, I know you're right! Jerry Spence (for a time) was at the top of the food chain in Jackson Hole. He's been replaced by Hollywood celebrities and Silicon Valley rich guys who are fed up with California.

And who can blame them??

only in some places......here in OC that Corvette is still rolling....in many an area....El Centro is worse than a Yugo.....

Orange county is not representative of the entire state, wish it was, but its not.

whats funny is after i said how OC is doing better than most of the State....Truth said how OC is a Conservative stronghold and called me an idiot....:eusa_eh:.....did she even realize what she said?....

She's a moron......she doesnt even know what OC is....she thinks it's near Eureka.....wait she wouldnt know that town either....never mind..

Damn funny
That's OK...Jackson is soooooo overrated anyways.

Damn funny
That's OK...Jackson is soooooo overrated anyways.

The Tetons as a backdrop and Jackson Hole for sking along with Yellowstone just to the north....not to mention the blue ribbon fishing in the area....I tend to disagree with you.

Those are the good parts.

Now for a few of the downshots: The streets are jammed at least 6 months a year with geezers and their land yachts, the male-to-female ratio is about 10:1, grocery prices are ghastly, the ski area allows snowboards and, IM not-at-all HO, stream trout fishing is grossly overrated.

Nice place to visit off season, but no way in hell I'd ever want to live there.

Forum List

Back