Rich Guys Leaving California

Those are the good parts.

Now for a few of the downshots: The streets are jammed at least 6 months a year with geezers and their land yachts, the male-to-female ratio is about 10:1, grocery prices are ghastly, the ski area allows snowboards and, IM not-at-all HO, stream trout fishing is grossly overrated.

Nice place to visit off season, but no way in hell I'd ever want to live there.

are you in Canada now OB?.....

Yeah, the Tetons are awesome but Jackson is way overpriced. I don't even stay there anymore when I travel up to Montana to flyfish. Fishing for browns and 100 people within earshot is not my idea of fun. It reminds me of a western style Gatlinburg, TN.

I hear north Routt County (Walden) is a great place for stream fly fishing....Remote and quite affordable, too.

Now for a few of the downshots: The streets are jammed at least 6 months a year with geezers and their land yachts, the male-to-female ratio is about 10:1, grocery prices are ghastly, the ski area allows snowboards and, IM not-at-all HO, stream trout fishing is grossly overrated.

Closer than I've been in quite some time...Close enough to smell the back bacon if the wind blows right....Why do you ask? :lol:

Yeah, the Tetons are awesome but Jackson is way overpriced. I don't even stay there anymore when I travel up to Montana to flyfish. Fishing for browns and 100 people within earshot is not my idea of fun. It reminds me of a western style Gatlinburg, TN.

I hear north Routt County (Walden) is a great place for stream fly fishing....Remote and quite affordable, too.

You're right. I stopped and fished that area two years ago, then headed to southwest montana. Excellent small streams, meadow streams, and solitude.

did any of u catch some of the California Vacation/Tourist commercials? yah, like all of us are just dying to go to LA. of course they only showed the nicer parts of Cally, maybe they needed to throw in some of the footage of East LA and the Gangs that kill on weekly basis. May as well show the illegals coming and going in vans thru border control too. Yup, I cant wait to visit LA. (but will wear a bullet proof vest)

Closer than I've been in quite some time...Close enough to smell the back bacon if the wind blows right....Why do you ask? :lol:

your location says ... Mile 40 Saskatchewan.....

That was my point with my first post being about the billionaires pushing out the millionaires. :eusa_whistle:

Cali used to be a great State to live in.

Now they are overrun with illegals and the Dems have driven the State into the ground.

If I had money and lived in Cali I'd sure get the hell out. If I were a businessman I'd pack my company and depart as quickly as I could as well.

You can live pretty good in any other State for what you spend to live as a pauper in Cali.

Truthsplatters can have Cali. Of course she may change her mind when they tax her to death.

I'll take Florida any day.

Last edited:

You're right. I stopped and fished that area two years ago, then headed to southwest montana. Excellent small streams, meadow streams, and solitude.

Grew up in Bozeman, Mt. The Gallatin, Madison and the Yellowstone were my rivers of choice. Trouble was, I thought all rivers fished like those three....I was sorely mistaken. :(

The creeks in the area were full of Brookies and Rainbows.

did any of u catch some of the California Vacation/Tourist commercials? yah, like all of us are just dying to go to LA. of course they only showed the nicer parts of Cally, maybe they needed to throw in some of the footage of East LA and the Gangs that kill on weekly basis. May as well show the illegals coming and going in vans thru border control too. Yup, I cant wait to visit LA. (but will wear a bullet proof vest)

Haven't seen one California commercial. Guess it depends where they want to market their wares for visitors. I keep seeing ads for Alabama. Alabama? The land of BP oil spills and still-polluted beaches? Ah, no. Those poor people have enough to deal with, considering all the crap BP chummed out to them marketing-wise. The oil is just below the surface and seafood is still tainted.

Grew up in Bozeman, Mt. The Gallatin, Madison and the Yellowstone were my rivers of choice. Trouble was, I thought all rivers fished like those three....I was sorely mistaken. :(

The creeks in the area were full of Brookies and Rainbows.
Mosey on down to North Routt....The guides I know in Steamboat tell me the stream fishing is out of this world. :thup:

The big upshot is that there's very little chance that the area will ever become a magnet for the Jackson/Vail/Aspen jet set.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back