🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Richard Dawkins and The Ignorance of The New Atheism

All of this convulsing and hand wringing and pearl clutching is due ONLY to people being offended that their own magical horseshit is being criticized, coupled with the fact that they think it enjoys special intellectual protections due to being popular. If Dawkins were attacking ancient myths about demons causing disease, or rain gods being mad and causing droughts, nobody would bat an eye. But criticize the idea of magical sky daddies being real and watching over us, and the convulsions begin.
Actually I'm pretty sure the opposition you are seeing is a response to your militant atheist attempt to subordinate religion and faith in God.

It's almost like you are surprised you are in a fight when you went looking for a fight.
You’re the one taking and making this personal. Why so sensitive? Is that how you defend or protect your myth?

And, Dawkins thinks pedophilia is okay
Liar.

Richard Dawkins defended "mild pedophilia" in an interview this weekend. And while the quote itself is quite jarring, especially to those who look to Dawkins for his influential writings on atheism (but haven't noticed some of his other strange stances), it's far from the first time that the scientist has launched a defense of the behavior — or talked about his own abuse at the hands of boarding school teachers. First, here's what Dawkins said to The Times magazine, as condensed by the Religion News Service:

Referring to his early days at a boarding school in Salisbury, he recalled how one of the (unnamed) masters “pulled me on his knee and put his hand inside my shorts.”

He said other children in his school peer group had been molested by the same teacher but concluded: “I don’t think he did any of us lasting harm.”

“I am very conscious that you can’t condemn people of an earlier era by the standards of ours. Just as we don’t look back at the 18th and 19th centuries and condemn people for racism in the same way as we would condemn a modern person for racism, I look back a few decades to my childhood and see things like caning, like mild pedophilia, and can’t find it in me to condemn it by the same standards as I or anyone would today,” he said.

Like most homos. he really doesn't have any problems with kiddie rape.
What did h3 say? You keep posting he said something pro pedophile but can’t tell us what he said?

All of this convulsing and hand wringing and pearl clutching is due ONLY to people being offended that their own magical horseshit is being criticized, coupled with the fact that they think it enjoys special intellectual protections due to being popular. If Dawkins were attacking ancient myths about demons causing disease, or rain gods being mad and causing droughts, nobody would bat an eye. But criticize the idea of magical sky daddies being real and watching over us, and the convulsions begin.
Actually I'm pretty sure the opposition you are seeing is a response to your militant atheist attempt to subordinate religion and faith in God.

It's almost like you are surprised you are in a fight when you went looking for a fight.
You’re the one taking and making this personal. Why so sensitive? Is that how you defend or protect your myth?
Actually the point I made was that was that FF wasn't interested in an honest debate. He was only interested in condemning respect for others and was intentionally insulting and is trying to incite a fight.

If someone was in your face in real life trying to incite a fight by being intentionally disrespectful and insulting, wouldn't you give them a fight? That was pretty common when I was growing up.

That really is the problem with new atheists or militant atheists. They are seeking a fight. They wouldn't dare do that in real life. They are too much of a pussy because they know they would get their ass beat. So they come online and hide behind their keyboards from the safety of their homes doing what they would like to do in real life, but are too much of a pussy to do.

You want an honest debate. Let's go to the bull ring. I challenge you or anyone to an honest debate. 1v1.

Not one of you will take up that challenge. Because none of you want an honest debate. You are just here to act out what you wish you could do in real life if you actually had any conviction of belief or courage. You are just a bunch of fucking cowards. It's not a good look.

LOL

I always find it amusing when Christians can't answer my simple questions about large errors in the bible.

Carry on with the bogus attack on Richard Dawkins if that will make you feel better.

The bible is not a science book. Only fools act as if it is.

Don't you people claim the bible is supposedly the "infallible word"? Seems quite foolish as well.
Some Christians do. Jews do not. I do not

So, when was the last time a miracle occurred?

If the almighty God answers prayers, then why did we not recognize a response to the prayers and thoughts (which are no different than prayers) after the 2001 terrorist attacks on the Christian nation?

Why does God spare the lives of some during a tornado, yet allows for the death and destruction of everything else?

How far from the tornado's path does one have to be to determine that they were spared by God?

Why can't God answer these questions for himself?
America is not a "Christian" nation. America was founded on many Biblical principles; however, America has greatly strayed. I would say the United States for the most part is presently a secular humanist nation with a number of Christians still offering some influence. You say say that GOD didn't answer prayers after 2001. I would say that you are wrong. I think many more people could have been murdered, but they survived. Not all the planes hit their target. As for a twister. There have been cases where live babies have been found in trees, schools have been ripped apart with no one inside seriously injured... God answered all the questions that matter in HIS book we call the Bible. You may just wish to read it sometime. Interestingly, there is a tornado mentioned in the book of JOB. GOD speaks from it to JOB and his friends. Just a point of consideration.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
LOL

I always find it amusing when Christians can't answer my simple questions about large errors in the bible.

Carry on with the bogus attack on Richard Dawkins if that will make you feel better.

The Bible is fiction. Only fools act as if it isn’t

Archaeology Confirms 53 people mentioned in the Bible
53 People in the Bible Confirmed Archaeologically

Reliability of the Old Testament

Amazon product ASIN 0802803962

LOL

Don't you people claim the bible is supposedly the "infallible word"? Seems quite foolish as well.
I believe you will find that there are some Jews who do also. They many not be "Reform", but I'm sure that some Jews see the OLD TESTAMENT as entirely inspired by GOD and that it should be even read in HEBREW to be properly understood.

LOL

I believe you will find that there are some Jews who do also. They many not be "Reform", but I'm sure that some Jews see the OLD TESTAMENT as entirely inspired by GOD and that it should be even read in HEBREW to be properly understood.
WRONG.

Then I am a fool. There is great truth in Bible stories. What is unfathomable to me is why people think the Bible should have been written along the lines of a science textbook, which of course, every student finds so fascinating they remember every word they read and then without prodding read all other science texts.

LOL

None of the Bible was ever written in Hebrew.
Hebrew has no written script until at least 100 BC, and it was crude and hardly used at that time.
Anything written for the Bible is in Aramaic or Greek.

Then I am a fool. There is great truth in Bible stories. What is unfathomable to me is why people think the Bible should have been written along the lines of a science textbook, which of course, every student finds so fascinating they remember every word they read and then without prodding read all other science texts.

One can find wisdom in the Bible, but just as any work of fiction, it can also contains falsehoods.
If one were to act as if the Bible were true, then one would be a criminal.
For example, the idea of a Chosen People and Promised Land is contradictory to the idea of not stealing or murdering, most important of the 10 commandments.
There is no excuse for things like Joshua murdering all those native Canaanites at Jericho.
It was an evil act.

One can find wisdom in the Bible, but just as any work of fiction, it can also contains falsehoods.
If one were to act as if the Bible were true, then one would be a criminal.
For example, the idea of a Chosen People and Promised Land is contradictory to the idea of not stealing or murdering, most important of the 10 commandments.
There is no excuse for things like Joshua murdering all those native Canaanites at Jericho.
It was an evil act.
We weren't there at Jericho; we don't know everything. The Chosen People were those set apart to live the ways of God, trying not to come under the influence of secular ways. People who strive to live in the spirit rather than join the secular world have a tough go of it. As do immigrants. Even so, I suspect many can pick out Biblical events that are more political/secular than spiritual. It contains the stories of our ancestors, people on a journey.

And, Dawkins thinks pedophilia is okay
Liar.

Richard Dawkins defended "mild pedophilia" in an interview this weekend. And while the quote itself is quite jarring, especially to those who look to Dawkins for his influential writings on atheism (but haven't noticed some of his other strange stances), it's far from the first time that the scientist has launched a defense of the behavior — or talked about his own abuse at the hands of boarding school teachers. First, here's what Dawkins said to The Times magazine, as condensed by the Religion News Service:

Referring to his early days at a boarding school in Salisbury, he recalled how one of the (unnamed) masters “pulled me on his knee and put his hand inside my shorts.”

He said other children in his school peer group had been molested by the same teacher but concluded: “I don’t think he did any of us lasting harm.”

“I am very conscious that you can’t condemn people of an earlier era by the standards of ours. Just as we don’t look back at the 18th and 19th centuries and condemn people for racism in the same way as we would condemn a modern person for racism, I look back a few decades to my childhood and see things like caning, like mild pedophilia, and can’t find it in me to condemn it by the same standards as I or anyone would today,” he said.

Like most homos. he really doesn't have any problems with kiddie rape.
What did h3 say? You keep posting he said something pro pedophile but can’t tell us what he said?

If you couldn't find it on your own, why would I take you seriously about anything else? You don't know anything about any topic, as far as anybody can tell, all you do is repeat rubbish from commie hacks and assorted sicko deviants. Whoopity do.

That really is the problem with new atheists or militant atheists. They are seeking a fight. They wouldn't dare do that in real life. They are too much of a pussy because they know they would get their ass beat. So they come online and hide behind their keyboards from the safety of their homes doing what they would like to do in real life, but are too much of a pussy to do.

Indeed, and since they've never read what they're supposedly critical of, they can never know what they're talking about; I'm still laughing at what was posted as 'some of the 6,000 errors' one poster is claiming.

Forum List

Back