🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Richard Dawkins and The Ignorance of The New Atheism

Further...

When was the Old Testament written?
The Old Testament, as originally inspired, was divided into three major divisions. The first division was the Law, the second was the Prophets, and the third was the Writings (which included the Psalms and Proverbs). It was written from approximately the 1660s to the 400s B.C.

And, Dawkins thinks pedophilia is okay
Liar.

Richard Dawkins defended "mild pedophilia" in an interview this weekend. And while the quote itself is quite jarring, especially to those who look to Dawkins for his influential writings on atheism (but haven't noticed some of his other strange stances), it's far from the first time that the scientist has launched a defense of the behavior — or talked about his own abuse at the hands of boarding school teachers. First, here's what Dawkins said to The Times magazine, as condensed by the Religion News Service:

Referring to his early days at a boarding school in Salisbury, he recalled how one of the (unnamed) masters “pulled me on his knee and put his hand inside my shorts.”

He said other children in his school peer group had been molested by the same teacher but concluded: “I don’t think he did any of us lasting harm.”

“I am very conscious that you can’t condemn people of an earlier era by the standards of ours. Just as we don’t look back at the 18th and 19th centuries and condemn people for racism in the same way as we would condemn a modern person for racism, I look back a few decades to my childhood and see things like caning, like mild pedophilia, and can’t find it in me to condemn it by the same standards as I or anyone would today,” he said.

Like most homos. he really doesn't have any problems with kiddie rape.
What did h3 say? You keep posting he said something pro pedophile but can’t tell us what he said?

Idiot! The video you share is a guy saying he didn't say what you are suggesting he said. Whatever he said, he clarified later to confirm he wasn't saying what you are suggesting he said.

Number 2. Let me call you out here. Please, repeat exactly what he said. You can't can you? Is't that odd you are calling him out for what he said but you can't tell us exactly what he said?

Last thing, and I think this is great. So, even if he was a pedophile, does that mean Atheism isn't real? Because then Catholics should all run from their church since there are so many pedophiles running the vatican.

Do you see the point? Even if he was a pedophile, which he isn't, it wouldn't change the fact that humans made up god and Jesus isn't the messiah.

Liar.

Richard Dawkins defended "mild pedophilia" in an interview this weekend. And while the quote itself is quite jarring, especially to those who look to Dawkins for his influential writings on atheism (but haven't noticed some of his other strange stances), it's far from the first time that the scientist has launched a defense of the behavior — or talked about his own abuse at the hands of boarding school teachers. First, here's what Dawkins said to The Times magazine, as condensed by the Religion News Service:

Referring to his early days at a boarding school in Salisbury, he recalled how one of the (unnamed) masters “pulled me on his knee and put his hand inside my shorts.”

He said other children in his school peer group had been molested by the same teacher but concluded: “I don’t think he did any of us lasting harm.”

“I am very conscious that you can’t condemn people of an earlier era by the standards of ours. Just as we don’t look back at the 18th and 19th centuries and condemn people for racism in the same way as we would condemn a modern person for racism, I look back a few decades to my childhood and see things like caning, like mild pedophilia, and can’t find it in me to condemn it by the same standards as I or anyone would today,” he said.

What did h3 say? You keep posting he said something pro pedophile but can’t tell us what he said?

If you couldn't find it on your own, why would I take you seriously about anything else? You don't know anything about any topic, as far as anybody can tell, all you do is repeat rubbish from commie hacks and assorted sicko deviants. Whoopity do.
What did he say after you guys called him a pedo? He clarified what he originally said, which none of you even know what he originally said. But he clarified that he was not saying what you are claiming he said.

Before I defend the guy you first need to be able to tell me what he said. Right now I'm saying he didn't say what you say he said. This reminds me of when Trump said something stupid and you guys said he didn't say what we just heard him say. Well, I haven't heard Dawkins say anything yet. I can't defend a statement that I don't know.

Is this like when Trump said if Ivanka wasn't his daughter he'd be dating her?

Earlier when Donald Trump was watching his 16-year-old daughter Ivanka host the 1997 Miss Teen USA pageant, he turned to the then-Miss Universe and asked: “Don’t you think my daughter’s hot? She’s hot, right?”

When asked how he would react if Ivanka, a former teen model, posed for Playboy, Trump replied, "It would be really disappointing — not really

He added: "I don't think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure. I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."
“Isn’t that terrible? How terrible? Is that terrible?”

It's terrible Don

The Bible is fiction. Only fools act as if it isn’t
Then I am a fool. There is great truth in Bible stories. What is unfathomable to me is why people think the Bible should have been written along the lines of a science textbook, which of course, every student finds so fascinating they remember every word they read and then without prodding read all other science texts.
Science book? Like explaining where we came from vs telling us god POOFED us into existence? Because the ignorant superstitious people back then didn't know science. And when science debunked things they believed, they went to war with science. Still doing it today. Look at you right wingers denying global warming.

The church and religion has held the human race back. We understand why primitive man needed man but god is a childish belief. No adult should take the bible literally. Great book. You think it teaches right and wrong. I think it does a terrible job of that. And I think religion has been involved in every horrible thing us humans do. Catholics kept quiet while Hitler killed the jews. America and what we did to indians and blacks.

We could be doing so much better. We should be on mars right now tapping the meteor belt for it's precious minerals. I actually side with Thanos.

Liar.

Idiot! The video you share is a guy saying he didn't say what you are suggesting he said. Whatever he said, he clarified later to confirm he wasn't saying what you are suggesting he said.

Number 2. Let me call you out here. Please, repeat exactly what he said. You can't can you? Is't that odd you are calling him out for what he said but you can't tell us exactly what he said?

Last thing, and I think this is great. So, even if he was a pedophile, does that mean Atheism isn't real? Because then Catholics should all run from their church since there are so many pedophiles running the vatican.

Do you see the point? Even if he was a pedophile, which he isn't, it wouldn't change the fact that humans made up god and Jesus isn't the messiah.

Dummy, I never made any claim at all, one way or the other. I never even knew about any of this. I was trying to help you. Now go fuck off.

Science book? Like explaining where we came from vs telling us god POOFED us into existence? Because the ignorant superstitious people back then didn't know science. And when science debunked things they believed, they went to war with science. Still doing it today. Look at you right wingers denying global warming.

The church and religion has held the human race back. We understand why primitive man needed man but god is a childish belief. No adult should take the bible literally. Great book. You think it teaches right and wrong. I think it does a terrible job of that. And I think religion has been involved in every horrible thing us humans do. Catholics kept quiet while Hitler killed the jews. America and what we did to indians and blacks.

We could be doing so much better. We should be on mars right now tapping the meteor belt for it's precious minerals. I actually side with Thanos.
The Bible is not science, never pretended to be science. Philosophy is the better fit. It speaks to the spiritual aspects of our existence. Right wingers do not deny global warming. We deny that government can do a single thing about it, rather than use it as a reason to raise taxes to line their personal pockets. You don't trust the Bible, but you trust big government which is what "right wingers" find unbelievable.

As for the Church and Hitler. Perhaps you should read the role Pope John and other Christians played. There were great role models, but for some reason the failures delight some. These some are also the ones that ignore the fact that most Christians were behind ending slavery; were there to support the underground railroad, and were there to lend a hand to Indians to the best of their knowledge and ability.

Focus on physical existence and solutions is fine. Some of us know that focus on our spiritual existence also has its dividends in daily life.

Then I am a fool. There is great truth in Bible stories. What is unfathomable to me is why people think the Bible should have been written along the lines of a science textbook, which of course, every student finds so fascinating they remember every word they read and then without prodding read all other science texts.
Liar.

Dummy, I never made any claim at all, one way or the other. I never even knew about any of this. I was trying to help you. Now go fuck off.

I thought Dudley wrote that not you. LOL

The Bible is not science, never pretended to be science. Philosophy is the better fit. It speaks to the spiritual aspects of our existence. Right wingers do not deny global warming. We deny that government can do a single thing about it, rather than use it as a reason to raise taxes to line their personal pockets. You don't trust the Bible, but you trust big government which is what "right wingers" find unbelievable.

As for the Church and Hitler. Perhaps you should read the role Pope John and other Christians played. There were great role models, but for some reason the failures delight some. These some are also the ones that ignore the fact that most Christians were behind ending slavery; were there to support the underground railroad, and were there to lend a hand to Indians to the best of their knowledge and ability.

Focus on physical existence and solutions is fine. Some of us know that focus on our spiritual existence also has its dividends in daily life.
So you no longer deny man made climate change is real? Name the Republican senators who now admit Global Warming is real.

See, this is also how Religions shift. Slowly over time. They don't admit right away they are wrong but slowly shift their position. Before God POOFED land animals into existence. You people denied evolution. You didn't believe all land animals came from the water. Do you believe that now?

So you no longer deny man made climate change is real?
Global warming...different from "man made climate change". Global temperature shifts have been happening since time immemorial. It takes a big government to convince everyone it is their fault but that government can fix it.

See, this is also how Religions shift. Slowly over time. They don't admit right away they are wrong but slowly shift their position. Before God POOFED land animals into existence. You people denied evolution. You didn't believe all land animals came from the water. Do you believe that now?
Unbelievable. My Catholic grandmother (born in the early 1900s) learned this from her mother (my great-grandmother). Another example of finding one Catholic who didn't believe in evolution and jumping to the conclusion that no Catholic followed evolution. I was taught evolution in Catholic school before that curriculum had been adopted in most public schools.

Telling someone what they (or their religion) "really" believes seldom turns out well. It comes across as clueless.

Interesting tale about my Catholic great-grandmother...Kept kegs of wine in her basement during prohibition. (I think she would approve of her great-grandchild's position on government mandated masks.)

So you no longer deny man made climate change is real?
Global warming...different from "man made climate change". Global temperature shifts have been happening since time immemorial. It takes a big government to convince everyone it is their fault but that government can fix it.
You're an idiot. Stop. I made it to the word made and I stopped reading your idiotic post. You disagree with the scientists suddenly. Why? Before you were pretending to be pro science. Now you are cherry picking.

Can't you see because you are a Republicans you've been brainwashed to go along with everything they say? The biggest pollutors own the GOP. That's why the GOP denies global warming. Same as when they denied tobacco caused cancer and lead was bad for us. So we know why Republican politicians lie. But why do you Republican voters go along? Because you go along with every stance the republicans make. Look how Reagan and Bush invented NAFTA but now you hate NAFTA and you put it on Clinton because he signed it. So you blow with the wind. Whichever way the GOP tells you to go.

Unbelievable. My Catholic grandmother (born in the early 1900s) learned this from her mother (my great-grandmother). Another example of finding one Catholic who didn't believe in evolution and jumping to the conclusion that no Catholic followed evolution. I was taught evolution in Catholic school before that curriculum had been adopted in most public schools.

Telling someone what they (or their religion) "really" believes seldom turns out well. It comes across as clueless.

Interesting tale about my Catholic great-grandmother...Kept kegs of wine in her basement during prohibition. (I think she would approve of her great-grandchild's position on government mandated masks.)
The church first brought evolution into the fold in 1950

• A minority of Americans fully accept the scientific explanation for the origins of human life. ...
  • Of all the major religious groups in the U.S., white evangelical Protestants are the most likely to reject evolution.

LOL

I always find it amusing when Christians can't answer my simple questions about large errors in the bible.

Carry on with the bogus attack on Richard Dawkins if that will make you feel better.

According to the Bible (Genesis 2:7), this is how humanity began: "The Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." God then called the man Adam, and later created Eve from Adam's rib.

God damn right it's not a science book.

That really is the problem with new atheists or militant atheists. They are seeking a fight. They wouldn't dare do that in real life. They are too much of a pussy because they know they would get their ass beat. So they come online and hide behind their keyboards from the safety of their homes doing what they would like to do in real life, but are too much of a pussy to do.

Indeed, and since they've never read what they're supposedly critical of, they can never know what they're talking about; I'm still laughing at what was posted as 'some of the 6,000 errors' one poster is claiming.

Yet YOU are too scared to answer them at post 54, you laugh and that is apparently the best you got.

Feeble......

LOL

I always find it amusing when Christians can't answer my simple questions about large errors in the bible.

Carry on with the bogus attack on Richard Dawkins if that will make you feel better.

The bible is not a science book. Only fools act as if it is.

Archaeology Confirms 53 people mentioned in the Bible
53 People in the Bible Confirmed Archaeologically

Reliability of the Old Testament

Amazon product ASIN 0802803962

I have known that for years, but it doesn't establish that god exist at all.

Remember it is the religious that runs on FAITH not reality.

LOL

Given that I have tested it, I would have to disagree. I believe that one of the central themes of all religions is to die to self to confront reality.

The difference between being objective and being subjective is bias. Bias is eliminated when there is no preference for an outcome. To eliminate a preference for an outcome one must have no thought of the consequences to one's self (i.e. dying to self). If one does not practice this they will see subjective truth instead of objective truth. Subjective truth leads to moral relativism. Where consequences to self and preferences for an outcome leads to rationalizations of right and wrong.

LOL

Given that I have tested it, I would have to disagree. I believe that one of the central themes of all religions is to die to self to confront reality.

The difference between being objective and being subjective is bias. Bias is eliminated when there is no preference for an outcome. To eliminate a preference for an outcome one must have no thought of the consequences to one's self (i.e. dying to self). If one does not practice this they will see subjective truth instead of objective truth. Subjective truth leads to moral relativism. Where consequences to self and preferences for an outcome leads to rationalizations of right and wrong.

Funny you say that, I been Atheist for 31 years now, zero criminal activities, never used illegal drugs, never threaten people, never own a forearm, never harmed or disrespected women, have helped people for free, helped a black man by hiring him to do small jobs in my yard, now helping a woman dealing with Breast cancer.

Meanwhile I know of church going people committing crimes........

Again why would an awesome universe wide creator, the all knowing, most powerful being in existence be so concerned about needing to be worshipped by small clump of cells beings on a small mudball in a massive universe?

presented in Aesop's family than I dismiss the same lessons and themes presented in the Bible
That's not what I asked you. Surely you agree Aesop's Fables are fiction. Do you say the same about the Bible myths? If youare going to make these even comparisons, let's sort it out.

Dawkins did not defend pedophilia. Dawkins condemns pedophilia. Dudley here is trying to smear Dawkins, because Dawkins said mean things about Dudley's favorite gods.

Forum List

Back