Richard Sherman: Thug is the New Ni66a

You should stop. You are only embarrassing yourself further. You even highlighted the definition and you still have problems grasping the meaning. The word "seems" was invented to convey the possibility that the following words may or may not be true. You cant possibly be this uneducated.

Schooling you is never an embarrassment.

You couldn't school anyone if your paycheck depended on it. You dont even know what seems means. Dont make me laugh. :lol:

I school you each time I log on.

Don't be mad!

I did what? I never claimed you accused me of saying that. Please provide the quotes where I typed that. i asked you to quote what Sherman or I said so you wouldn't be confused on what he or I was saying.

Your reading skills need work.

No, what the thread is about is that thug is now some code word for ******.

Sherman thinks so. He's saying thug is the accepted way of saying ****** (translation: thug is code for ******). No it isn't.

Are you going to go off on a rant about the word 'seems' again? lol "the only reason it bothers me is because it appears like it's the accepted way of calling somebody the N-word nowadays". To Sherman, it seems/it appears/he believes that if someone uses the word thug what they really mean is ******.

I'm saying that you want it to be so, so that's how you see it. It isn't any different than when people disagree with obama's policies and someone screams 'you're racist!'. It's b.s. Thug is about behavior not skin color.

Like I just said it is entirely possible that if the kids were black then thug = the n word. In what world is this an impossibility?

To you, because that's what you want to see. Like I said, you have a victim mentality. Thug is thug, it's not some code word for ******. Already posted other examples, above ... thugs are trouble makers not skin color.

Thug politicians aren't black/*******. Pols who practice thug behavior are ones who would blackmail/coerce/manipulate/intimidate/bully. Christ Christie is a thug ... he bullies.

You need reading comprehension lessons. Asking you to quote what I said in no way means I am claiming that you accused me of something. Like I already told you I did it so you would focus on the OP which was not an emphatic thug = the n word. How did you miss that now twice?

You need help with your translation skills as well. BTW why are you translating when he spoke in English? Lets try this one more time. Show me where Sherman says that "thug is the accepted way of saying ******".

Yes I will rant on the word "seems". The reason why is because the appearance of that word totally destroys your assumption. He said "seems". There is only one conclusion you can rationally come to with that. Its possible people are using it to call Black guys the n word.

I'm not asking what you said. Thats irrelevant. I'm asking you to understand what he said and speak on that. You avoided the question. Where is it impossible for the word thug to be used by a racist to call a black person the n word?

Trying to insult me and avoid the point is not working. What you think of me is not my business. Please answer the question if you can. Where is it impossible for the word thug to be used by a racist to call a black person the n word?

omg, you are dense.

I never accused you of anything and I have no idea where you even came up with that. You asked me to quote where you said that (that meaning thug = ******). For the last time, I never said that you said that. My original post in here wasn't directed at you but you seem to think that it was. My post came after your post but I was not directing my comments to you specifically. If I were, I'd have quoted you. I'm done with this. :eusa_hand:

Already quoted Sherman and yes, he believes that calling someone a thug is calling them a ******.

It is your perception that when someone uses the word 'thug' what they really mean is '******'. I can't help you with that. Thug pertains to behavior not skin color. Thug politicians aren't black/*******. Pols who practice thug behavior are ones who would blackmail/coerce/manipulate/intimidate/bully. Christ Christie is a thug ... he bullies.

I'm not trying to insult you, you come across as having a victim mentality.

Are we now going to have "the t-word"? :rolleyes:

Your reading skills need work.

No, what the thread is about is that thug is now some code word for ******.

Sherman thinks so. He's saying thug is the accepted way of saying ****** (translation: thug is code for ******). No it isn't.

Are you going to go off on a rant about the word 'seems' again? lol "the only reason it bothers me is because it appears like it's the accepted way of calling somebody the N-word nowadays". To Sherman, it seems/it appears/he believes that if someone uses the word thug what they really mean is ******.

I'm saying that you want it to be so, so that's how you see it. It isn't any different than when people disagree with obama's policies and someone screams 'you're racist!'. It's b.s. Thug is about behavior not skin color.

To you, because that's what you want to see. Like I said, you have a victim mentality. Thug is thug, it's not some code word for ******. Already posted other examples, above ... thugs are trouble makers not skin color.

Thug politicians aren't black/*******. Pols who practice thug behavior are ones who would blackmail/coerce/manipulate/intimidate/bully. Christ Christie is a thug ... he bullies.

You need reading comprehension lessons. Asking you to quote what I said in no way means I am claiming that you accused me of something. Like I already told you I did it so you would focus on the OP which was not an emphatic thug = the n word. How did you miss that now twice?

You need help with your translation skills as well. BTW why are you translating when he spoke in English? Lets try this one more time. Show me where Sherman says that "thug is the accepted way of saying ******".

Yes I will rant on the word "seems". The reason why is because the appearance of that word totally destroys your assumption. He said "seems". There is only one conclusion you can rationally come to with that. Its possible people are using it to call Black guys the n word.

I'm not asking what you said. Thats irrelevant. I'm asking you to understand what he said and speak on that. You avoided the question. Where is it impossible for the word thug to be used by a racist to call a black person the n word?

Trying to insult me and avoid the point is not working. What you think of me is not my business. Please answer the question if you can. Where is it impossible for the word thug to be used by a racist to call a black person the n word?

omg, you are dense.

I never accused you of anything and I have no idea where you even came up with that. You asked me to quote where you said that (that meaning thug = ******). For the last time, I never said that you said that. My original post in here wasn't directed at you but you seem to think that it was. My post came after your post but I was not directing my comments to you specifically. If I were, I'd have quoted you. I'm done with this. :eusa_hand:

Already quoted Sherman and yes, he believes that calling someone a thug is calling them a ******.

It is your perception that when someone uses the word 'thug' what they really mean is '******'. I can't help you with that. Thug pertains to behavior not skin color. Thug politicians aren't black/*******. Pols who practice thug behavior are ones who would blackmail/coerce/manipulate/intimidate/bully. Christ Christie is a thug ... he bullies.

Getting frustrated is not helping you understand. I never claimed you accused me of something. This is the 3rd time I have told you that. Why do you keep missing it?

You quoted him but you appear not to understand the definition of "seems". What he said does not mean definitely the word thug means the n word. How are you missing this?

Now you are telling me my perception and doing a bad job of it. I think the same way Sherman conveyed. Its possible that someone calling me a thug is disguising their desire to call me the n word. Please prove that to be false if you can. I never asked for your help. I asked you to focus on the question i presented.

I'm not insulted. I said you trying to insult me is not providing a smoke screen for your desire to avoid my question. It seems you have a mentality of avoidance.

What do you mean by t-word?

You couldn't school anyone if your paycheck depended on it. You dont even know what seems means. Dont make me laugh. :lol:

Don't be mad!

you school me right before you wake up from your dreams. If you don't know the definition of "seems" then you cant even school someone on how to count to 3.

True, I can even school you while I sleep.

You seem to have forgotten that I posted the full definition.

Don't be mad!

you school me right before you wake up from your dreams. If you don't know the definition of "seems" then you cant even school someone on how to count to 3.

Dreams are wishful things. Without action to back up your wishes it will remain a dream.

Yes you posted the entire definition. It still confused you somehow. "seems" is not definite. How did you not understand that after posting the entire definition?

omg, you are dense.

Getting frustrated is not helping you understand. I never claimed you accused me of something. This is the 3rd time I have told you that. Why do you keep missing it?

You quoted him but you appear not to understand the definition of "seems". What he said does not mean definitely the word thug means the n word. How are you missing this?

Now you are telling me my perception and doing a bad job of it. I think the same way Sherman conveyed. Its possible that someone calling me a thug is disguising their desire to call me the n word. Please prove that to be false if you can. I never asked for your help. I asked you to focus on the question i presented.

I'm not insulted. I said you trying to insult me is not providing a smoke screen for your desire to avoid my question. It seems you have a mentality of avoidance.

Sherman believes that if someone calls a black person a thug he is really calling him a ******. "The only reason it bothers me is because it seems like it's the accepted way of calling somebody the N-word nowadays." "seems like" ... he's saying that it what is appears to him, that is what he believes, ... that if someone calls a black person a thug what they are really calling the black person is a ******. You agree with Sherman. I don't. Calling someone a thug is based on their behavior not their skin color. We disagree on this issue you just can't seem to understand that. And by seem and I mean you don't.

Lighten up a bit, Francis. :rolleyes:

omg, you are dense.

Sherman believes that if someone calls a black person a thug he is really calling him a ******. "The only reason it bothers me is because it seems like it's the accepted way of calling somebody the N-word nowadays." "seems like" ... he's saying that it what is appears to him, that is what he believes, ... that if someone calls a black person a thug what they are really calling the black person is a ******. You agree with Sherman. I don't. Calling someone a thug is based on their behavior not their skin color. We disagree on this issue you just can't seem to understand that. And by seem and I mean you don't.

Lighten up a bit, Francis. :rolleyes:

Thats not what he said. Thats what you said. To me what you are saying is that in every case a Black person is called a thug then the person means the n-word. What you quoted him as saying means that it seems people that wish to call him the n-word used thug to disguise their intentions. One has nothing to do with the other. His behavior was not that of a violent criminal.

My name is not Francis and I do not wish to lighten up. I love my chocolate brown skin. :eusa_angel:

Dreams are wishful things. Without action to back up your wishes it will remain a dream.

Yes you posted the entire definition. It still confused you somehow. "seems" is not definite. How did you not understand that after posting the entire definition?

You should know, seems all you do is dream.

I'm not confused one bit. Sherman said it seemed to him that thug was the same as ******. That's his perception, now are you going to call him a liar and tell him he doesn't understand his own perceptions?

Dude you need to try a different angle. The dishonest shit ain't working for you.

I'm not confused one bit. Sherman said it seemed to him that thug was the same as ******. That's his perception, now are you going to call him a liar and tell him he doesn't understand his own perceptions?

Dude you need to try a different angle. The dishonest shit ain't working for you.

Yes I do dream. However, unlike you I commit to action to make that dream come about. Yes you are confused or you are back to your habitual lying ways. If you can provide the quotes where he said what you are saying he said then i will believe you. Until then you just another lying convict. You have already been busted lying 2 times. Do you want to try for a 3rd?

So this is the interview that is causing all the ruckus.

Insane Post-Game Interview Overshadows Remarkable Game-Winning Play

Sherman is pissed off but he is also displaying thug-like behavior in that he threatens Crabtree. If people were calling him a thug they were calling him a thug due to his behavior/words, not calling him a ****** because he is black. He needs to realize that actions have consequences. He also needs to grow a thicker skin and stop hiding behind some "code word" nonsense.

Transcript:

“Well, I’m the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that’s the result you gonna get! Don’t you EVER talk about me.”

“Who was talking about you?”

“Crabtree. Don’t you open your mouth about the best. Or I’m gonna shut it for you real quick. L-O-B.”

(For those curious, L.O.B. stands for “Legion of Boom” — the nickname for the Seattle Seahawks secondary.)

Does that mean he is a thug? No. But in this tirade he is displaying thuggish and poor sportsmanship behavior and he got called on it. He was pissed that Crabtree didn't shake his hand after he (Sherman) tipped the ball, which resulted in the Seahawks winning the game. If someone called him a poor sport would that also be some kind of code word for ******? Don't be ridiculous.

Last edited:

Yes I do dream. However, unlike you I commit to action to make that dream come about. Yes you are confused or you are back to your habitual lying ways. If you can provide the quotes where he said what you are saying he said then i will believe you. Until then you just another lying convict. You have already been busted lying 2 times. Do you want to try for a 3rd?

Really? How by whining about reparations is that how you commit to action?

No I heard what Sherman said and it wasn't the least bit confusing and I don't lie, never had the need.

I have already provided Sherman's quote in this thread as a matter of fact I posted the link to the Huff-Po article about it. You seemed to have missed it.

Sherman is pissed off but he is also displaying thug-like behavior in that he threatens Crabtree. If people were calling him a thug they were calling him a thug due to his behavior/words, not calling him a ****** because he is black. He needs to realize that actions have consequences. He also needs to grow a thicker skin and stop hiding behind some "code word" nonsense.

Transcript:

“Well, I’m the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that’s the result you gonna get! Don’t you EVER talk about me.”

“Crabtree. Don’t you open your mouth about the best. Or I’m gonna shut it for you real quick. L-O-B.”

(For those curious, L.O.B. stands for “Legion of Boom” — the nickname for the Seattle Seahawks secondary.)

Does that mean he is a thug? No. But in this tirade he is displaying thuggish and poor sportsmanship behavior and he got called on it. He was pissed that Crabtree didn't shake his hand after he (Sherman) tipped the ball, which resulted in the Seahawks winning the game. If someone called him a poor sport would that also be some kind of code word for ******? Don't be ridiculous.

Somewhere there is a difference in perspective. Where do you see him threaten Crabtree? What was thuggish about his behavior? Question. Have you ever played sports at a high level?

No I heard what Sherman said and it wasn't the least bit confusing and I don't lie, never had the need.

I have already provided Sherman's quote in this thread as a matter of fact I posted the link to the Huff-Po article about it. You seemed to have missed it.

Yes really. Where have I whined about reparations?

You dont lie? I'll post the evidence you lie.

You must have been confused. he didn't say what you said. You twisted his words.

You must have been confused. he didn't say what you said. You twisted his words.

Figures you would deny it. Typical punk ass coward.

Post it!

You've never paraphrased anyone?

It's becoming more apparent that you are nothing more than a troll.

Figures you would deny it. Typical punk ass coward.

Post it!

You've never paraphrased anyone?

It's becoming more apparent that you are nothing more than a troll.

I dont mind that you are a racist but being a liar is inexcusable. You can claim you are ignorant but lying shows you have a lack of character.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-relations-racism/333788-slavery-reparations-27.html#post8423827

I am going to extend an apology to Asclepius. I saw a post in which L_L said that there were no laws preventing slave owners from freeing slaves and indicating that Asclepius had made the statement. I then saw Asclepius' apparent "proof" that there were such laws which did not prove the statement. I thought Asclepius was claiming his law proved there were, but as far back as I have gone, I can not find the original statement. I made a mistake thinking that Asclepius did in fact make such a statement when he responded with "proof" to L_L.

Therefore, I apologize for mis-understanding Asclepius' response and for calling him a liar.

Immie

PS forgive me for misspelling your name here too.

Transcript:

Somewhere there is a difference in perspective. Where do you see him threaten Crabtree? What was thuggish about his behavior? Question. Have you ever played sports at a high level?

Had he left out the last part I'd dismiss is as male testosterone and that would be end of it. What was thuggish was the threat "... or I'm gonna shut it for you real quick". So if someone "opened their mouth about him (if someone talked about him) he's going to shut if for them real quick (he'll take physical action).

That's what I was talking about. Behavior not color. Fans tweeted, calling him a thug not based on his color but based on his behavior/what he said. He didn't like that so he comes out with the whole "thug is the accepted way to call someone a ****** nowadays".

Irrelevant if I've played sports at any level. Players get jacked up and say stupid shit. Fine. But to threaten another player, get called (appropriately) a thug for it, then to turn around and turn it into a color thing? Please. :eusa_hand:

In one of these threads I read where you said that you, a black person, believed you were owed reparations. Don't know that I'd classify it as whining (I'd have to go find it and read it again to know that), just that you posted it.

Transcript:

Had he left out the last part I'd dismiss is as male testosterone and that would be end of it. What was thuggish was the threat "... or I'm gonna shut it for you real quick". So if someone "opened their mouth about him (if someone talked about him) he's going to shut if for them real quick (he'll take physical action).

That's what I was talking about. Behavior not color. Fans tweeted, calling him a thug not based on his color but based on his behavior/what he said. He didn't like that so he comes out with the whole "thug is the accepted way to call someone a ****** nowadays".

Irrelevant if I've played sports at any level. Players get jacked up and say stupid shit. Fine. But to threaten another player, get called (appropriately) a thug for it, then to turn around and turn it into a color thing? Please. :eusa_hand:

I took what you called a threat to do physical harm as outplaying him on the field so that he would never bad mouth him again. He said "the best" which references his status as the best DB in the game. You said LOB stands for Legion of Boom. What about that reference to the secondary was threatening physical harm?

I think its very relevant what level of sports you played. I have to take by your answer you did not play even at a high school level. The talk is very testosterone filled beyond high school. People are competing for money and a mental edge on their competition.

Last edited:

In one of these threads I read where you said that you, a black person, believed you were owed reparations. Don't know that I'd classify it as whining (I'd have to go find it and read it again to know that), just that you posted it.

I did say something to that affect in a couple of threads when the subject of reparations was brought up or someone mentioned that Blacks owe whites. How that means whining is beyond me. If I said i was going to hold my breath waiting for it that would be whining.

Forum List

Back