CDZ RIGGED ELECTION: Let's see if we can imagine a new way to gather and count votes

My preference is to vote in person, That said when these legs wont hold me up any longer I WANT to vote by mail. And those old & young people who's disability's have made mobility difficult or impossible need it now.

My preference is to vote in person, That said when these legs wont hold me up any longer I WANT to vote by mail. And those old & young people who's disability's have made mobility difficult or impossible need it now.
Think allowing for a finger print----------might help here.

I'm not expecting a terribly vibrant thread, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. So here goes:

I wonder if we could toss out a few ideas on how we can count votes in the future. Leaving (or at least trying to leave) your political affiliation out of this, let's see your ideas on how the states might best do the following:
  • Make voting as easy as possible, particular in rural, less dense areas
  • Minimize the need for recounts
  • Create voting systems (voting & counting) that maximize security
I'll start: Let's begin by dragging ourselves away from this need to know who won a state by the end of Election Day. Let's have an automatic audit confirmation process that counts the vote multiple (two or three different) ways on Election Night and the next day. That way we can minimize the need for recounts after the fact.

Also, while each state will certainly have its own rules, maybe we can find SOME common methods so that we can standardize them for better efficiency and accountability.

Okay, go. Let's try "imagining" instead of just repeating.

First, security:
Require photo ID for all voters.
Eliminate mail ballots except for military and Embassy personnel. All mail ballots should be required to be sealed and secured in the presence of not less than two active-duty officers or licensed attorneys, who would be required to sign statements attesting to the fact under penalty of death.
Require all voting to be done on hand-countable paper ballots.
Punish vote or election fraud of any kind with death.
Require all voting to be video recorded and time stamped, with no less than two unedited copies of all footage required to be kept for not less than ten years.

Easier voting:
Anyone should be able to go to the local Town/City Hall/County courthouse/Board of Canvassers/etc. 1-2 weeks before the election, show ID, fill out a ballot, and put it in the safe that is not opened until Election Day.

Last edited:
In rural areas, you have to drive great distances to vote. Why not just drop it in the mail?

In urban areas, reduced numbers of polling places mean people wait on line for hours. Why not just drop it in the mail?

If you think that is secure enough, put your money where your mouth is: take $500 in cash out of the bank, put it in an envelope, go one town over from where you live, and mail it to yourself. If you are not willing to do that, then you have conceded that mailed ballots are not secure.

In rural areas, you have to drive great distances to vote. Why not just drop it in the mail?

In urban areas, reduced numbers of polling places mean people wait on line for hours. Why not just drop it in the mail?

If you think that is secure enough, put your money where your mouth is: take $500 in cash out of the bank, put it in an envelope, go one town over from where you live, and mail it to yourself. If you are not willing to do that, then you have conceded that mailed ballots are not secure.
What a stupid analogy

I have options on how to send money and I also have options on how to vote
I have voted by mail for a decade

I'm not expecting a terribly vibrant thread, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. So here goes:

I wonder if we could toss out a few ideas on how we can count votes in the future. Leaving (or at least trying to leave) your political affiliation out of this, let's see your ideas on how the states might best do the following:
I'll start: Let's begin by dragging ourselves away from this need to know who won a state by the end of Election Day. Let's have an automatic audit confirmation process that counts the vote multiple (two or three different) ways on Election Night and the next day. That way we can minimize the need for recounts after the fact.

Also, while each state will certainly have its own rules, maybe we can find SOME common methods so that we can standardize them for better efficiency and accountability.

Derek Hunter made the point that after each election there should be a complete audit of the vote count procedures. Businesses do regular audits of their practices to make sure they actually work....voting should be no different. Post election audits would find problems, and also what worked....

Also, I think that after a person votes, they should get a stamp on their hand...with something that won't come off easily...this would keep people from voting in more than one location.

Voting should be one day.......and yes, the results should be by the end of the day........too many elections are won the day of the election to be lost after days of counting ballots that are "found," by the other party. And all of those "found," ballots go one way.....

People have two years to plan so that they can vote on the day of the election.......the ability to vote by mail should be limited to those who physically can't make it to the polls on election day, and they need to apply for vote by mail in person, to a government office and show an ID......

No counting of any ballots, at any time, without both parties present and able to see the actual process from a distance that allows actual scrutiny of the vote counting.........

The audits in Georgia show that the safety mechanisms were discarded when it came to signature verification.....

Photo ID attached to mail in voting applications.......the number of mail in ballots needs to match the photo ID applications...........

If Republicans allowed the early counting of mail in ballots, the results would have been in earlier.
Then they complain the results weren’t available on election night
And they remain unaware of the fact that every news outlet outside of their world was saying there would be a big spike in Biden votes late, because the mail-in votes were counted last.

Every democrat party news outlet stated that there would be a biden surge...covering for the fake ballot surge in the highly targeted areas in democrat party controlled voting districts.

Standardization. I am gonna have a really hard time trusting results from certain states that have recently enacted laws that seem designed to allow them to throw out however many votes they need to get the outcome they want.
I'd like to see as much of that as possible, for sure. As we're seeing, individual states can be controlled by maniacs.

Yes....California and New York as well as Illinois...controlled by maniacs....

If Republicans allowed the early counting of mail in ballots, the results would have been in earlier.
And they remain unaware of the fact that every news outlet outside of their world was saying there would be a big spike in Biden votes late, because the mail-in votes were counted last.

Every democrat party news outlet stated that there would be a biden surge...covering for the fake ballot surge in the highly targeted areas in democrat party controlled voting districts.
Of course. It was part of the "conspiracy".

Yes.......the video of the republican poll watchers leaving the room, then the democrat vote counters pulling out suitcases of ballots.....yeah, that was just a conspiracy theory...

So....can you explain then, why it was that the republican poll watchers were told to leave the room....and only then did those cases of ballots get counted? Care to explain that? Yes......they say the chain of custody on those cases was secure...but why did they wait to run them through the machines after the republicans were told the counting was over? Care to explain that?

So....can you explain then, why it was that the republican poll watchers were told to leave the room....and only then did those cases of ballots get counted? Care to explain that? Yes......they say the chain of custody on those cases was secure...but why did they wait to run them through the machines after the republicans were told the counting was over? Care to explain that?
Yes. It didn't happen. It only happened in your world.

And as the audits go forward and the problems are revealed, you will continue to believe there wasn't fraud.....

And as the audits go forward and the problems are revealed, you will continue to believe there wasn't fraud.....
The "audits" being run by the GOP-hand-picked "Cyber Ninjas", who had never done an audit before, whose CEO was pushing the "rigged election" story before his company was picked? The company that is ignoring the rules of protocol for audits?

I know that you believe their "findings" will be factual and believable. There is nothing I can do about that. We exist in separate realities.

Forum List

Back