CDZ RIGGED ELECTION: Let's see if we can imagine a new way to gather and count votes

EVERYONE is given a Voter Registration card when they register. Those who are already registered are grandfathered in. Your card and picture are on file and can be easily called up if you lose or forget your card.
When 99 percent of voters have their cards, we can require them to vote.
North Korea requires people to vote.

Voting in a free society is a choice.
Australia requires people to vote....
And they are not free

EVERYONE is given a Voter Registration card when they register. Those who are already registered are grandfathered in. Your card and picture are on file and can be easily called up if you lose or forget your card.
North Korea requires people to vote.

Voting in a free society is a choice.
Australia requires people to vote....
Hence they are not a free society.

There is no "Right to Vote" in the U.S. Constitution. The nature and prerequisites to voting are established by each STATE, as are the means and methods of counting, recording, and certifying same. The method of allocating each State's Electoral Votes in Presidential elections is entirely up to that State, and the legal and constitutional variations would almost be endless.

There is no CONSTITUTIONAL reason why voting could not be limited to,
  • property owners,
  • people who have paid at least a threshold amount in taxes,
  • people who have passed a relevant test (literacy, citizenship).
OTOH, no one can be excluded from voting on the basis of...well, you know the list...race, gender, blah, blah, blah.

So it is entirely appropriate to limit voting in the traditional ways, to wit,
  1. You must register well in advance of Election Day, or primary Election Day, as appropriate,
  2. You must bring your voter registration card, as well as a state-issued picture ID card to the polls, in order to vote,
  3. you must sign your ballot, and that signature must be compared favorably with the signature on file for your registration,
  4. You must vote ON Election Day, unless you have a confirmed, legitimate reason why you cannot do so, in which case you can vote by "Absentee Ballot" (or whatever the state calls it). The measures taken to ensure the security of each Absentee Ballot should be AS SECURE as the measures for in-person voting, including - perhaps - a witness and notary stamp, as well as a photo copy of the aforementioned picture ID, and signature verification.
None of the foregoing - either the bulleted points above or 1-4 - is "voter suppression," any more than paying the admission fee at a movie theater is "viewer suppression."

The idea that any citizen who has the whim, or can be talked into voting on Election Day is "entitled" to vote is pure balderdash, supported in neither the Federal nor any State Constitution, or any law. If you are not sufficiently motivated, or interested, or capable of meeting these numbered requirements, then you have no business voting. Your knowledge of the candidates, the issues, or the functions of the office(s) being filled is extremely suspect, and the only people promoting your vote are charlatans, cheats, and scoundrels...in short, Leftist Democrats.

I have spoken.

The government thinks that there are 6.6 million people still alive at 112 years old. How do you know when the 99% is reached?

***Note: I have no idea how many of those people are registered to vote. It's just a point of contention.

I'm not expecting a terribly vibrant thread, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. So here goes:

I wonder if we could toss out a few ideas on how we can count votes in the future. Leaving (or at least trying to leave) your political affiliation out of this, let's see your ideas on how the states might best do the following:
  • Make voting as easy as possible, particular in rural, less dense areas
  • Minimize the need for recounts
  • Create voting systems (voting & counting) that maximize security
I'll start: Let's begin by dragging ourselves away from this need to know who won a state by the end of Election Day. Let's have an automatic audit confirmation process that counts the vote multiple (two or three different) ways on Election Night and the next day. That way we can minimize the need for recounts after the fact.

Also, while each state will certainly have its own rules, maybe we can find SOME common methods so that we can standardize them for better efficiency and accountability.

Okay, go. Let's try "imagining" instead of just repeating.

The voting system as written in the Constitution, as with other issues, is long outdated, and needs to be amended, or repealed altogether. There should be one standard, and one set of rules regarding voting.

Forget rural areas. Lets discuss the millions of disabled, elderly, and vets in homes and hospitals, that can't just jump up, and run down to their local voting precinct.

Their votes don't count?

What about Americans that live abroad, and military deployed?

Their mail in voting ballots are just fine, but nobody else's is?

What about millions of voting age college students attending universities not in their home states?

Any American, that is anywhere, is eligible to vote, from wherever they are, at the time they happen to be where they are, with no restrictions whatsoever.

The only requirement for voting, is you are an American 18 years or older. Period. End of discussion.

I wonder if we could toss out a few ideas on how we can count votes in the future. Leaving (or at least trying to leave) your political affiliation out of this, let's see your ideas on how the states might best do the following:
Which criterion is the most important, making voting as easy as possible or maximizing security?

The government thinks that there are 6.6 million people still alive at 112 years old. How do you know when the 99% is reached?

***Note: I have no idea how many of those people are registered to vote. It's just a point of contention.
So what?
6.8 million112 year olds show up to vote, we got problems

Which criterion is the most important, making voting as easy as possible or maximizing security?

It’s a trade off

If we prevent tens of thousands of legitimate voters from voting just on the CHANCE there may be fraud, we are CREATING a problem

oh, so NOW you want a voter card...what a drastic change...did your masters approve of you typing that?

It’s a trade off

If we prevent tens of thousands of legitimate voters from voting just on the CHANCE there may be fraud, we are CREATING a problem
And if tens of thousands of votes are suspect because adequate security measures were not taken, we have a problem.

I'm not expecting a terribly vibrant thread, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. So here goes:

I'll start: Let's begin by dragging ourselves away from this need to know who won a state by the end of Election Day. Let's have an automatic audit confirmation process that counts the vote multiple (two or three different) ways on Election Night and the next day. That way we can minimize the need for recounts after the fact.

Also, while each state will certainly have its own rules, maybe we can find SOME common methods so that we can standardize them for better efficiency and accountability.

Okay, go. Let's try "imagining" instead of just repeating.
Standardization. I am gonna have a really hard time trusting results from certain states that have recently enacted laws that seem designed to allow them to throw out however many votes they need to get the outcome they want.

If Republicans allowed the early counting of mail in ballots, the results would have been in earlier.
Then they complain the results weren’t available on election night
And they remain ignorant of the fact that every news outlet outside of their closed little world was saying there would be a big spike in Biden votes late, because the mail-in votes were counted last.
here on this thread you can see posters ignorant of the fact of how long it takes to count all votes. lol
blue and red mirage was predicted and it happened as predicted. only idiots and liars are still "confused" about this dynamic.

In any of our lifetimes, the votes have never been all counted on Election Day evening. You are correct.

you need an overhaul of your Election system. winner takes all ruins it.
I disagree with that.

Winner take all is fine. What we lack are centrists. The reason we lack centrists is because we have apathetic citizenry for the most part.
and now think further. why are they apathetic? why do you not have viable parties other than those two shit shows?

Your knowledge of the candidates, the issues, or the functions of the office(s) being filled is extremely suspect, and the only people promoting your vote are charlatans, cheats, and scoundrels...in short, Leftist Democrats.

I have spoken.
So says the person who thinks Trump won the election...

It’s a trade off

And if tens of thousands of votes are suspect because adequate security measures were not taken, we have a problem.
Has that ever happened? Seriously?

Five states (I think there may be more) do nothing but mail-in voting. Some have done so for a long time.

Absolutely none of the right wingers here have uttered a word about any of the elections in these states being illegitimate. None of the losers have alleged this voter fraud.

In November 2020, Trump and about 8,000 other candidates for federal, state, and local offices lost. The only one complaining about fraud is Trump.

Its comical that this is even still being discussed.

So what?
6.8 million112 year olds show up to vote, we got problems
Show up? They just have to mail it in. Don't have to show up. Kind of the point.

Standardization. I am gonna have a really hard time trusting results from certain states that have recently enacted laws that seem designed to allow them to throw out however many votes they need to get the outcome they want.
That's exactly what Pennsylvania did, and why it went to the highest court in the land. Of course they didn't hear the case... But that was the underlying problem. They didn't change the rules the way they were supposed to. Or... "Lawfully" as you will.

If republicans ever get into office there... You ok with them having that kind of power?

Forum List

Back