CDZ RIGGED ELECTION: Let's see if we can imagine a new way to gather and count votes

I'm not expecting a terribly vibrant thread, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. So here goes:

I wonder if we could toss out a few ideas on how we can count votes in the future. Leaving (or at least trying to leave) your political affiliation out of this, let's see your ideas on how the states might best do the following:
  • Make voting as easy as possible, particular in rural, less dense areas
  • Minimize the need for recounts
  • Create voting systems (voting & counting) that maximize security
I'll start: Let's begin by dragging ourselves away from this need to know who won a state by the end of Election Day. Let's have an automatic audit confirmation process that counts the vote multiple (two or three different) ways on Election Night and the next day. That way we can minimize the need for recounts after the fact.

Also, while each state will certainly have its own rules, maybe we can find SOME common methods so that we can standardize them for better efficiency and accountability.

Okay, go. Let's try "imagining" instead of just repeating.

No one belated a word about stolen elections until the idiot trump was defeated. So many thought he was God and worshipped him. Republicans put him there and voted him out. That's a fact.
Apparently they never discovered fraud when he won. But you can't trust those liberal communists. They infiltrate everything like a bad fart.

I'm not expecting a terribly vibrant thread, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. So here goes:

I wonder if we could toss out a few ideas on how we can count votes in the future. Leaving (or at least trying to leave) your political affiliation out of this, let's see your ideas on how the states might best do the following:
I'll start: Let's begin by dragging ourselves away from this need to know who won a state by the end of Election Day. Let's have an automatic audit confirmation process that counts the vote multiple (two or three different) ways on Election Night and the next day. That way we can minimize the need for recounts after the fact.

Also, while each state will certainly have its own rules, maybe we can find SOME common methods so that we can standardize them for better efficiency and accountability.

No one belated a word about stolen elections until the idiot trump was defeated. So many thought he was God and worshipped him. Republicans put him there and voted him out. That's a fact.
Apparently they never discovered fraud when he won. But you can't trust those liberal communists. They infiltrate everything like a bad fart.
The election was stolen. Repeating the lie it was not is simply repeating the lie. It has failed.

The die was cast when he said the only way he could lose would be if....

It was all downhill from there.

Why don't we correct the last election first. The audits will tell us who actually won the election.
Maybe we should correct 2016...after all Clinton was polling ahead of Trump...let's start there right? I mean, we might have a lot of elections to correct for imaginary fraud.

It was a vast conspiracy to defraud and cover up that fraud. It will be proven.

Why don't we correct the last election first. The audits will tell us who actually won the election.
Maybe we should correct 2016...after all Clinton was polling ahead of Trump...let's start there right? I mean, we might have a lot of corrections to correct for imaginary fraud.
Records and ballots are only kept for 22 months. You are uninformed, like usual.

If you think about it - he set up 2016 the same way, squalling about rigged elections when it looked like he might lose. Then he didn't. He just used the same playbook, setting the stage for a possible defeat. When a populist candidate does that, he seriously damages the electoral process.

Say what you want but Biden is the president. Statistics clearly show republicans turned on him. Bellowing about fraud might give you are fuzzy feeling inside but nothing will come if it. Even pence knew it was legitimate.

It would be nice if you could drop this stuff for this thread. The thread is not about this.

Say what you want but Biden is the president. Statistics clearly show republicans turned on him. Bellowing about fraud might give you are fuzzy feeling inside but nothing will come if it. Even pence knew it was legitimate.
Me? Do you have me confused with someone else?

Pence received a letter from the PA. State legislature asking him not to certify their electors. Pence knew there was fraud and so did every member of Congress.

If you think about it - he set up 2016 the same way, squalling about rigged elections when it looked like he might lose. Then he didn't. He just used the same playbook, setting the stage for a possible defeat. When a populist candidate does that, he seriously damages the electoral process.
Yeah, that's right. He has not stopped since Escalator Day making excuses for losing, just in case.

Ugly.

Our electoral system has endured for two plus centuries, because of a very powerful (and at the time unique) concept: the peaceful transfer of power.

That essentially means when a candidate exhausts all legal means of challenging an election, he acknowledges the loss and concedes.

When that doesn't happen, and the candidate instead continues to make baseless claims on the election's integrity, he is taking part in destroying the public's faith in our elections. All without evidence.

Should there be repurcussions on a candidate that does this? Because this too is part of the problem with the 2020 election.

You keep believing that but Jesus will return before it will be overturned.
What is it about trump that sucked you all in? Maybe you were all hiding your fascist authoritarian tendencies and he simply fitted the character you wanted.
Objecting to his defeat so vigorously it's clear you didn't want democracy unless it suited you.

Our electoral system has endured for two plus centuries, because of a very powerful (and at the time unique) concept: the peaceful transfer of power.

That essentially means when a candidate exhausts all legal means of challenging an election, he acknowledges the loss and concedes.

When that doesn't happen, and the candidate instead continues to make baseless claims on the election's integrity, he is taking part in destroying the public's faith in our elections. All without evidence.

Should there be repurcussions on a candidate that does this? Because this too is part of the problem with the 2020 election.
The claims are not baseless. That is a lie and you know it.

The claims are not baseless. That is a lie and you know it.
Rather than argue this...suppose it was Clinton who was doing this (including instigating January 6th) over the 2016 election...would you still support those activities?

I think our founders made certain assumptions when they brilliantly laid things out, and I don't think we've lived up to those assumptions. They couldn't have anticipated that we'd divide into competing realities like this. How could they?

I think our founders made certain assumptions when they brilliantly laid things out, and I don't think we've lived up to those assumptions. They couldn't have anticipated that we'd divide into competing realities like this. How could they?
Ya...there is that. It is mind boggling that after more than two centuries - we are on the Eve of Destruction, of a system that has worked and been the aspiration of much of the world. All it takes is one, smooth talking, ego driven populist who has the ability to read an audience and speak to their anger, and feed it.

The only conclusion to be drawn from that is that black people are either too lazy or too stupid to procur an i.d. just like anybody else.

I happen to reject that notion, myself.

Well, I can understand how that would be your go-to conclusion.

Most of us who live in the real world, understand that when you are poor, you are less likely to have a fixed address, may not be able to easily get an ID or pay $35.00 and take a day off of work to update it.

I didn't have a state ID until I was about 24. Didn't need one. I had public transportation to take me where I needed to go. I had a School and Military ID card, but neither of those had my address on them.

Forum List

Back