Rightwingers, of whom I'm one, let the gay shit go

Anyone is at liberty to say whatever he wishes about civil unions.

But as a fact of 14th Amendment case law a doctrine of separate but equal will never pass Constitutional muster

Individual marriages are not public schools, lodgings, restaurants, or essential business. Every marriage is separate, as would be every Civil Union. They would satisfy the protections guaranteed under the 14th Amendment.

Incorrect.

The contract law that is marriage is very much subject to 14th Amendment jurisprudence, .

I didn't say it wasn't. Nice try.

Individual marriages are not public schools, lodgings, restaurants, or essential business. Every marriage is separate, as would be every Civil Union. They would satisfy the protections guaranteed under the 14th Amendment.

Incorrect.

The contract law that is marriage is very much subject to 14th Amendment jurisprudence, .

I didn't say it wasn't. Nice try.

Then we are in agreement. Good to know.

I didn't avoid the question. I answered it. The answer is no. Equal but different is not equal. Should we tell blacks they get all the benefits of living in America but from now on, they are no longer called "Americans?" After all, it's just a word and they would still enjoy all of the benefits of being an American.

Your false analogy aside, it sure sounds like Redfish may have pegged you right. Would you say that is a reasonable conclusion?

It's not a false analogy. But you don't like what it shows, do you?

It is a false analogy, and there's no "like" involved in it.

Fine...all civil marriages can be called civil unions....just religious unions can be called marriage......and let's take the time to change all the statutes, laws, etc to reflect the term "civil union", replacing the word "marriage" on all civil documents.

Nope. Traditional marriages would still be designated as always, with same-sex contracts of a similar nature officially labeled "civil union." All the same rights and protections guaranteed under law. Satisfied?

No, that is unconstitutional. Separate but equal. The same water came out of both fountains.

You're late. Read the old posts.

Your false analogy aside, it sure sounds like Redfish may have pegged you right. Would you say that is a reasonable conclusion?

It's not a false analogy. But you don't like what it shows, do you?

It is a false analogy, and there's no "like" involved in it.

Totally legit analogy....being the same except for the name. How about we switch things around and give the term marriage to gay couples and give straight couples the term "civil union"....with all the rights, privileges, benefits etc. being exactly the same. Ok with you?

Check your christian morality bullshit at the door and LEARN to pick your fights. Gays are a minute voting block but they DO have the support of many others.
Losing elections over trivial bullshit that only affects a few people while the debt and everything else spirals out of control makes no sense.

Lets focus on the things that matter to everyone and stop picking fights that alienate us over small things.

Sin is sin for believers so stop bitching about what Sally does with her tongue when Johnny is no better off when he envies the Harley in his neighbors garage.
If they want to partake in the hell aka marriage give it to them. It's a piece of fucking paper ultimately.

I agree. There are so many more important issues that actually affect us right now.

My niece married her girlfriend. They're great people and they deserve happiness just like the rest of us.

As a fiscal conservative, I want to see all couples get tax breaks and I think they should be able share other benefits, like health insurance. I am all about monogamy, so tie the knot and work at the relationship no matter who you are.

Obama and the Dems have spent more time talking about social issues while the economy continues to suffer. I think much of it is diversion to keep attention away from the dismal job they are doing.

Also, I found Obama's "evolution" regarding gay marriage to be completely unbelievable. Biden put him on the spot, saying he was for it, so Obama had to fake a sudden evolution and pretend to approve.

Check your christian morality bullshit at the door and LEARN to pick your fights. Gays are a minute voting block but they DO have the support of many others.
Losing elections over trivial bullshit that only affects a few people while the debt and everything else spirals out of control makes no sense.

Lets focus on the things that matter to everyone and stop picking fights that alienate us over small things.

Sin is sin for believers so stop bitching about what Sally does with her tongue when Johnny is no better off when he envies the Harley in his neighbors garage.
If they want to partake in the hell aka marriage give it to them. It's a piece of fucking paper ultimately.

I agree. There are so many more important issues that actually affect us right now.

My niece married her girlfriend. They're great people and they deserve happiness just like the rest of us.

As a fiscal conservative, I want to see all couples get tax breaks and I think they should be able share other benefits, like health insurance. I am all about monogamy, so tie the knot and work at the relationship no matter who you are.

Obama and the Dems have spent more time talking about social issues while the economy continues to suffer. I think much of it is diversion to keep attention away from the dismal job they are doing.

Also, I found Obama's "evolution" regarding gay marriage to be completely unbelievable. Biden put him on the spot, saying he was for it, so Obama had to fake a sudden evolution and pretend to approve.

Whatever his reasons...the results were great.

Nope. Traditional marriages would still be designated as always, with same-sex contracts of a similar nature officially labeled "civil union." All the same rights and protections guaranteed under law. Satisfied?

No, that is unconstitutional. Separate but equal. The same water came out of both fountains.

You're late. Read the old posts.

Ah, so in these old posts you realized you were wrong?

reading the words of the constitution is NOT interpreting them. words have meanings, interpretation is not necessary. its written in english and we all know the meaning of english words.

What, in legal terms, does "natural born citizen" mean?

apparently whatever the dems and libs want it to mean. one meaning for obama, another for Cruz and McCain.
What do you think it means?

Sorry bout that,

1. I say we *OUTLAW* homosexuals.
2. If they want freedom to marry let them migrate to some other country who has made it legal, like some God forsaken European nation which is on the verge of becoming Islamic.
3. Then when it does turn sharia law, watch them run back to America to live in the closet.
4. No, hell no you homos are perverted sick people, and unclean animals, (THE END).

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
How nice, another Sharia law enthusiast. You should move to Afghanistan where your attitude on gays is practiced.

You're avoiding my question. Would the above conditions satisfy you or not?
I didn't avoid the question. I answered it. The answer is no. Equal but different is not equal. Should we tell blacks they get all the benefits of living in America but from now on, they are no longer called "Americans?" After all, it's just a word and they would still enjoy all of the benefits of being an American.

Pegged me right about what?

And it's not a false analogy. With gays, you're position is they are a group who should be given all the rights and privileges of marriage, which another group of people are entitled to, except for the name. My analogy offers the same arrangement, only for blacks. How do you feel about offering that group of people all of the same rights and privileges that being an American are entitled to, except for the name?

If you don't want to answer that, then go ahead and dismiss the question again with your silly excuse about an alleged "false analogy." I'll understand.

Last edited:

Totally agree.

I find it irrational for someone to worry so hard about a how the fabric of society will theoretically collapse at some undisclosed point in the future if gays marry, while at the same time ignore the fact that the fabric is ACTIVELY collapsing from things like crony capitalism, never-ending bailouts, and Unconstitutional laws.

Last edited:
No amount of invective is going to strip away the fact that gay people are denied a marriage license due to gender.

Here's the break down

ALLOWED:

Straight man marries straight woman
Straight man marries gay woman
Gay man marries straight woman
Gay man marries gay woman

NOT ALLOWED (except where they are in the 21st century when it comes to equal protection under the law:

Straight man marries straight man
Straight woman marries straight woman
Straight man marries gay man
Straight woman marries gay woman
Gay man marries gay man
Gay woman marries gay woman

So...the problem isn't being gay...the problem is on the GENDER of who you marry. Gender discrimination.

Ok, but your examples are foolish, two straight men or two straight women would never seek to marry. and not many straight women would want to marry a gay man.

its not gender, its what you choose to do with your gender-----------the issue is sexual orientation, not gender.

nice try, but FAIL

I knew a gay female that married a gay male in the military just so they could get off base housing.

So what makes you think that when gay marriage is legal, straight people won't marry each other for similar reasons?

Sorry bout that,

2. If they want freedom to marry let them migrate to some other country who has made it legal, like some God forsaken European nation which is on the verge of becoming Islamic.
3. Then when it does turn sharia law, watch them run back to America to live in the closet.
4. No, hell no you homos are perverted sick people, and unclean animals, (THE END).

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
How nice, another Sharia law enthusiast. You should move to Afghanistan where your attitude on gays is practiced.

Not Quite - Homosexuality and Pedophila are welcomed in many places over there.

I can't post a link because I'm a newbie - admin. won't let me but try

www*examiner.com/article/afghan-pedophilia-a-way-of-life-say-u-s-soldiers-and-journalists

Afghan Pedophilia: A way of life, say U.S. soldiers and journalists - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

www*examiner.com/article/afghan-pedophilia-a-way-of-life-say-u-s-soldiers-and-journalists

Afghan Pedophilia: A way of life, say U.S. soldiers and journalists - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com

Save your link, I don't need it since I said nothing about pedophilia. Thanks anyway.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Having sex with a consenting adult and having sex with a child are two completely different things. Please don't dishonestly try to merge the two together.

Here's the break down

ALLOWED:

Straight man marries straight woman
Straight man marries gay woman
Gay man marries straight woman
Gay man marries gay woman

NOT ALLOWED (except where they are in the 21st century when it comes to equal protection under the law:

Straight man marries straight man
Straight woman marries straight woman
Straight man marries gay man
Straight woman marries gay woman
Gay man marries gay man
Gay woman marries gay woman

So...the problem isn't being gay...the problem is on the GENDER of who you marry. Gender discrimination.

Ok, but your examples are foolish, two straight men or two straight women would never seek to marry. and not many straight women would want to marry a gay man.

its not gender, its what you choose to do with your gender-----------the issue is sexual orientation, not gender.

nice try, but FAIL

I knew a gay female that married a gay male in the military just so they could get off base housing.

So what makes you think that when gay marriage is legal, straight people won't marry each other for similar reasons?

You sound like you are not aware of marriages of convenience that have been around a very very long time.

How would gay marriages of convenience be any worse?

Having sex with a consenting adult and having sex with a child are two completely different things. Please don't dishonestly try to merge the two together.

Every day, I am amazed at those who cannot simply tell the difference. And a little scared.

Every day, I am amazed at those who cannot simply tell the difference. And a little scared.

It is scary.

Essentially they are saying an adult having sex with a child is EQUAL to an adult having sex with a consenting adult.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back