Rightwingers, of whom I'm one, let the gay shit go

How exactly does the use of the word "marriage" on your certificate give you more rights?

Admit it, its not about rights-------its about having the government force the rest of us to calll your gay union a marriage.

YOU HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS, WHAT YOU WANT IS SPECIAL RIGHTS.
It's not just a word. The state issues a "marriage license." The state cannot provide a marriage license to some but not others, based on nothing other than the genders of the applicants, and then call that equal protection of the law. The law does not get to differentiate based on gender.

A man and a woman go into the courthouse, they get a marriage license

two men go into the courthouse, they get a civil union license

Both licenses convey exactly the same rights and obligations, THEY ARE EQUAL IN EVERY WAY. BOTH COUPLES HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME STANDING UNDER THE LAW. BOTH COUPLES HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME TAX STATUS.

Is it not about equality is it? its about forced social acceptance via the use of the word 'marriage'.

Social tolerance should be the rule, social acceptance cannot be legislated.

you are wanting to pass laws that mandate how people are allowed to think and what they are allowed to believe. Do you really think that is good for a society?

BINGO.

Oops. Looks he got you there Faun.

What a pity you don't get to redifine words, eh? Infancy begins at birth. Viability inside the womb has nothing to do with it. Too bad for you, you're stuck with that definition. Abortion is neither infanticide nor will it be just because you're too ignorant to know any better.

For those of us who believe that life begins at conception, then abortion is murder no matter when it takes place. Partial birth abortion (voted for by Obama) is clearly infanticide even by your definition.

Why is abortion as birth control such a big issue with you libs? What is it about destroying life (or potential life) that you find so necessary?

This is yet another example of how fucked in the head you rightwingnuts are.

Words have meaning. You don't simply get to redefine words because you don't like their actual definitions.

Murder is the unlawful killing of another human being. Abortion is not unlawful; therefore, abortion is not murder. And it does not become murder just because you rightards call it "murder."

Same thing with infanticide. Infantice is the killing of infants. [Legal] abortion does not kill infants; therefore, abortion is not infanticide. And it does not become infanticide just because you rightards call it "infanticide."

removing the brain of a partially born child by sucking it out is murder, or infanticide if you prefer that term.

So the unborn child in the womb, who is moving, smiling, and ALIVE does not have the right to life if the mother decides it would be too much trouble to carry it to term?

I'm sorry, but EVIL is the only word that describes the left position on this.

The bill of rights was put into the constitution by a majority vote, so yes, rights are decided by majority vote.

your attempted analogies are foolish.

Then get a majority vote to change the Constitution regarding gay marriage.

See? That wasn't hard, now was it?

there is nothing to change, the constitution is silent on marriage.

If the founders had anticipated the gay marriage issue, I am sure they would have included something on it.

But, back at you. If you want gay marriage to be legal, you need to get a constitutional change processed.

and while you are at it, you better address bigamy and polygamy, because those people are currently being discriminated against.
:eusa_whistle:
Gooooing to the Chapel and we're
Goooona get maaaarrried!

Goooing to the Chapel and we're
Goooona get maaaarried!

Going to the Chapel of Gay Love!!!

:lmao:

How exactly does the use of the word "marriage" on your certificate give you more rights?

Admit it, its not about rights-------its about having the government force the rest of us to calll your gay union a marriage.

Boo-hoo-hoo..... Whatever shall Redfish do....?

Your bitter whining is getting you nowhere.

The momentum is set. The SCOTUS ruled. Lawsuits are being filed everywhere and before you know it, gay marriage will be the law of the land.

If thats what a majority of americans want, then fine, so be it. But currently its not what a majority of americans want, but the majority is being overruled by a minority. Do you really want all issues decided that way?
Prove the majority of Americans are against it.......

Awww.... more whining and crying from the losing side.

Don't like it? Then go change the Constitution.

Not a word about homosexual marriage in the Constitution.

Nor even a word about judicial review.

You leftists demand dictatorship.

I love the sound of wedding bells ringing just as much as I love the sound of your whining and crying. :lol:
There was nothing stopping you before from making fools of yourselves and having your contrived ceremonies(unless of course the Church didn't allow it, but you probably want to prohibit Churches from discriminating as well). You just wouldn't get the legal recognition before. So your comment about wedding bells makes no sense.

If the founders had anticipated the gay marriage issue, I am sure they would have included something on it.

But, back at you. If you want gay marriage to be legal, you need to get a constitutional change processed.

and while you are at it, you better address bigamy and polygamy, because those people are currently being discriminated against.
Goooona get maaaarrried!

Goooona get maaaarried!

You're a cartoon, and I wouldn't really care, but now you are turning society into a joke as well...

It's not just a word. The state issues a "marriage license." The state cannot provide a marriage license to some but not others, based on nothing other than the genders of the applicants, and then call that equal protection of the law. The law does not get to differentiate based on gender.

Both licenses convey exactly the same rights and obligations, THEY ARE EQUAL IN EVERY WAY. BOTH COUPLES HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME STANDING UNDER THE LAW. BOTH COUPLES HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME TAX STATUS.

Is it not about equality is it? its about forced social acceptance via the use of the word 'marriage'.

you are wanting to pass laws that mandate how people are allowed to think and what they are allowed to believe. Do you really think that is good for a society?

BINGO.

Oops. Looks he got you there Faun.

of course, because most of us see through this and see it for what it really is.

Rather than let it go, gays might end up with more opposition than they bargained for. All the laws in the world won't help either.

Goooona get maaaarrried!

Goooona get maaaarried!

You're a cartoon, and I wouldn't really care, but now you are turning society into a joke as well...

What kind of flavor do you think my wedding cake should be?

Should I go with Red Velvet or do you think guests would prefer the Lemon Buttercream?

Boo-hoo-hoo..... Whatever shall Redfish do....?

Your bitter whining is getting you nowhere.

The momentum is set. The SCOTUS ruled. Lawsuits are being filed everywhere and before you know it, gay marriage will be the law of the land.
Momentum towards the end of Western Society. Wherever homosexuality is normalized, given the same social value as heterosexual relations, or celebrated in the culture, collapse follows.
Yeah, just look at the Netherlands .... they made same-sex marriage legal more than a dozen years ago and they've since been destroyed in a molten shower of fire and brimstone.

Goooona get maaaarrried!

Goooona get maaaarried!

:cuckoo:

are you taking Abdul and his 5 wives with you? how about jack and tom and mary and sue? How about Amy, Julie, and Cindy? Bill, Bob, and Joe?

if you and your partner cannot be discriminated against, then neither should any of those people.

Goooona get maaaarrried!

Goooona get maaaarried!

Should I go with Red Velvet or do you think guests would prefer the Lemon Buttercream?
You guys are ones for theatrics, I will leave them to you as you seem to have a good handle on them.

Not only is this about normalization of your relations, making society placing the same kind of social value on your relations as heterosexual relations. It is also a mocking of conventional norms, norms you believed in the past persecuted you.

It is a frontal assault on Western Civilization.

Goooona get maaaarrried!

Goooona get maaaarried!

:cuckoo:

are you taking Abdul and his 5 wives with you? how about jack and tom and mary and sue? How about Amy, Julie, and Cindy? Bill, Bob, and Joe?

if you and your partner cannot be discriminated against, then neither should any of those people.
I know! Choosing where to go for the honeymoon is a tough decision!

Check your christian morality bullshit at the door and LEARN to pick your fights. Gays are a minute voting block but they DO have the support of many others.
Losing elections over trivial bullshit that only affects a few people while the debt and everything else spirals out of control makes no sense.

Lets focus on the things that matter to everyone and stop picking fights that alienate us over small things.

Sin is sin for believers so stop bitching about what Sally does with her tongue when Johnny is no better off when he envies the Harley in his neighbors garage.
If they want to partake in the hell aka marriage give it to them. It's a piece of fucking paper ultimately.

This is exactly what I say. Ditto for abortion, free birth control. The only thing liberals care about is sex and drugs and who or what to have each with. Hell, give it to them. Shut them up. then let's get on with running the country. Besides, like I said, keep them from aborting or birth controlling, we only will end up with more of them. Do we really want that?

Denying a marriage license to some, but not others, based on nothing but the gender of the applicants, violates the 14th Amendment. You cannot escape that by continuing to deny same-sex couples a marriage license.

You guys are ones for theatrics, I will leave them to you as you seem to have a good handle on them.

Not only is this about normalization of your relations, making society placing the same kind of social value on your relations as heterosexual relations. It is also a mocking of conventional norms, norms you believed in the past persecuted you.

It is a frontal assault on Western Civilization.

DJ or a band? A band would be GREAT but the DJ would save a ton of money.

What a pity you don't get to redifine words, eh? Infancy begins at birth. Viability inside the womb has nothing to do with it. Too bad for you, you're stuck with that definition. Abortion is neither infanticide nor will it be just because you're too ignorant to know any better.

For those of us who believe that life begins at conception, then abortion is murder no matter when it takes place. Partial birth abortion (voted for by Obama) is clearly infanticide even by your definition.

Why is abortion as birth control such a big issue with you libs? What is it about destroying life (or potential life) that you find so necessary?

This is yet another example of how fucked in the head you rightwingnuts are.

Words have meaning. You don't simply get to redefine words because you don't like their actual definitions.

Murder is the unlawful killing of another human being. Abortion is not unlawful; therefore, abortion is not murder. And it does not become murder just because you rightards call it "murder."

Same thing with infanticide. Infantice is the killing of infants. [Legal] abortion does not kill infants; therefore, abortion is not infanticide. And it does not become infanticide just because you rightards call it "infanticide."

You're right. So for god's sake abort any kids you might start to keep from producing more like you, will ya? I couldn't care less WHAT you do. Just DON'T REPRODUCE!!!

Forum List

Back