RIP James Earl Jones

I knew that. The similarity had me going too until I looked it up last year.

Yeah, I get that. If they need a voice for a future Vader, Rhames could pull it off.

Arby's released a commercial five months ago or so and Rhames is actually seen in it. If you see it, swallow whatever food or drink you may have in your mouth... damn it's funny.

A few years before Star Wars, he was in Claudine (1974), which while mainly a comedy, told the harsh truth of how crippling LBJ's Great Society welfare programs were to Black families in inner cities.

His first big movie role was Lt. Lother Zogg in Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb...
One of his other big projects was his potrayal of Jack Johnson in the 1970 movie, titled
"The Great White Hope".

He received his ONLY Oscar nomination for this role as
"Best Actor"

He sparred with Muhammad Ali in preparation for the role that he played in this film.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1725922997829.jpg
    FB_IMG_1725922997829.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 0
One of his other big projects was his potrayal of Jack Johnson in the 1970 movie, titled
"The Great White Hope".

He received his ONLY Oscar nomination for this role as
"Best Actor"

He sparred with Muhammad Ali in preparation for the role that he played in this film.

A role he originated on stage.

He was truly one of my favorite actors.

When a celebrity dies, a slew of superlatives are often tossed out in tribute to them, whether they are true or not (and let's be real, most of them are just lip service so no one thinks the celebrity in question isn't thought highly of...). But to my mind, James Earl Jones is worthy of every bit of praise he will receive.

When a celebrity dies, a slew of superlatives are often tossed out in tribute to them, whether they are true or not (and let's be real, most of them are just lip service so no one thinks the celebrity in question isn't thought highly of...). But to my mind, James Earl Jones is worthy of every bit of praise he will receive.

That's an excellent observation. Not many actors or entertainers exit the business without getting some dirt thrown on them, but he had an impeccable career that leaves very little open to harsh criticism.

Forum List

Back