RIP James Earl Jones

Damn, he was in that too? Jones' voice was simply iconic. There is no other equal to his distinctive dramatic basso profondo vocalizations.

Yeah he was Mufasa in the 1994 version, the 2019, and maybe even on Broadway. I can't remember for sure though. I forgot about The Sandlot.

James Earl Jones, the revered actor who voiced Star Wars villain Darth Vader, starred in Field of Dreams and many other films and Broadway shows and is an EGOT winner, died this morning at his home in Dutchess County, NY. He was 93.

His reps at Independent Artist Group confirmed the news to Deadline.

RIP
RIP. One of the most recognizable and distinguished voices in the entertainment industry.

James Earl Jones, the revered actor who voiced Star Wars villain Darth Vader, starred in Field of Dreams and many other films and Broadway shows and is an EGOT winner, died this morning at his home in Dutchess County, NY. He was 93.

His reps at Independent Artist Group confirmed the news to Deadline.

RIP
Sorry to hear this. He was one of the greatest character actors ever. I can't think of any starring roles he had over the years, but his roles were unforgettable just the same and you thought of him as a major star. Everybody knew who he was.

George Lucas brought Jones in to do the voice over for Darth Vader

He did all the lines in a couple of hours and was paid $7,000 and received no credits

Forum List

Back