RIP, Zim

Not my video title...in memory of a tough old man and baseball legend!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLpaZ5VQVn0]Don Zimmer Clowned by Pedro Martinez - YouTube[/ame]

RIP :(

And by the way, with your thread title, the leftist members here are so terribly disappointed to click on the thread and discover it's not George Zimmermann who has passed.

Seen on an overpass in Massachusetts on Friday: a huge (15-20') banner that read, "DON ZIMMER, YOU WILL BE MISSED". In a truly cool move, the town DPW not only didn't take it down...they tied cones to the bottom corners to anchor it. :)

Don Zimmer Clowned by Pedro Martinez - YouTube

I'm glad Pedro took it easy on him. But, as a Pedro fan and a Red Sox fan I wouldn't have gotten too upset if the old man had gotten a bit more of a lickin to remind him that 72 year olds had no business fighting on the baseball diamond.

Great to have someone still active as long as he was, who was also a living legend and a throw back to the golden age of baseball.

RIP

RIP :(

And by the way, with your thread title, the leftist members here are so terribly disappointed to click on the thread and discover it's not George Zimmermann who has passed.

I wish no physical harm to Zimmerman; I read today Zim played for the Reds, briefly, I also say RIP. My parents talked a lot about Sparky Anderson. I saw many, many Reds games on TV growing up, in FLORIDA. My mother was die hard Reds fan.

Don Zimmer Clowned by Pedro Martinez - YouTube

I'm glad Pedro took it easy on him. But, as a Pedro fan and a Red Sox fan I wouldn't have gotten too upset if the old man had gotten a bit more of a lickin to remind him that 72 year olds had no business fighting on the baseball diamond.

Great to have someone still active as long as he was, who was also a living legend and a throw back to the golden age of baseball.

RIP

Yep: he was a Brooklyn Dodger. I think he was the last living player to play with Jackie Robinson.

Forum List

Back