🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rittenhouse ordered to stand trial

You claimed a specific intent.
You know you cannot demonstrate your claim to be true.
Um, I didn't claim anything.

As for demonstrating the truthfulness of my claim regarding his willingness, if he wasn't willing to shoot someone he wouldn't have had a loaded gun...

The person I responded to.
Post # 2393
Ah, gotcha'. Apologies for the confusion.

I wouldn't say that Rittenhouse went there with the intent to kill.

I would say, however, that he absolutely went their with a willingness to do so. Again, if he wasn't willing to do it, he wouldn't have been carrying a rifle...

Pretty much everyone goes everywhere with the willingness to kill in self-defense.

Not everyone arms themselves with an AR-15, though.

Rittenhouse needs to steel himself for the very real possibility that he's about to receive a profound ass-fucking (figuratively and, possibly, literally)...

None of this is relevant to his claim of self-defense.
Well, of course. What's he going to say? What is his attorney advising him to say? However, it is a hard sell in this case, since he, a 17 - year old and armed with an AR15, went into the thick of things. More
offense than defense.

Well, of course. What's he going to say? What is his attorney advising him to say? However, it is a hard sell in this case, since he, a 17 - year old and armed with an AR15, went into the thick of things. More offense than defense.
Nonsense
The actions in question here - shooting people who were chasing him with the intent to cause harm - were entirely defensive.

But you -do- agree that pretty much everyone goes everywhere with the willingness to kill in self-defense.
That being the case, how/why does the fact Rittenenhouse armed himself has any bearing in his claim of self-defense?

We limit what Juveniles can do in our society. We have done this for pretty much all of recorded history. We hold parents responsible for the actions of children, we punish parents who do not provide sufficient care for the children. We punish parents who don’t insure their children go to school. We require Parental consent for the Juvenile to enter into contractual obligations. Including joining the Military.

Juveniles are often the subject of special curfews. Limits on where they can go, and what they can do, and when they can do it.

And one of those limits is that we say that they are not allowed to purchase or possess weapons. We have exceptions to those laws. If the Juvenile is in the company of a parent or guardian and receiving instruction on how to handle the weapon. If the juvenile is in the company of a parent or legal guardian while hunting. If the parents know that the juvenile is receiving instruction from another. A family friend or relative is the norm. Or part of a Juvenile program that includes instructions on firearms.

Those exceptions do not include running around downtown in another state, in the middle of a riot.

Previously, I said that if Kyle had shot the Leftwing Nuts in his home, after they had broken in, I would be saying he acted in proper self defense, even if he was a juvenile. But that wasn’t the case was it?

There is an exception, where Kyle could legally own the weapon. If he was considered emancipated by the courts. In that case, his Parents would be undesirable influences on his person. The court would rule that no other relative being available, and in consideration of his maturity, that he was by law considered an adult and able to make decisions for himself.

That nearly never happens. It is just easier to put the Juvenile into a home of some sort and wait for their birthday.

Kyle knew he was prohibited by law. But he saw himself as a hero. He introduced himself as a paramedic despite knowing he wasn’t one. He went there with delusions of adequacy.

He was chased twice, and shot someone at the end of both chases.
Did he shoot black people? It is questionable, according to articles that I have read, whether Rittenhouse was chased before or after he fired his weapon. After he shot the first person, he called a friend and said that he had killed someone. Instead of leaving the scene after the shooting, he went back and that is when he was chased. However, what the hell was he doing there with a loaded weapon? That is a disaster waiting to happen.

Forum List

Back