RNC Report Finds Voters Think GOP Is 'Scary'

well it couldn't be that a lot of Republicans we dissatisfied with Romney and didn't bother voting..No it had to be obama and his message that everyone just loved loved loved..that is why 48% of voters voted AGAINST IT

oh and of course you had fox news and talk radio as IF all people registered Republicans watch and listen to them

really, give us a break..the Democrats should wonder why if Obama was so great why he won by such a small margin..but of course you won't entertain that idea

Obama (and his team) also won because they're far more inclined than Republicans to embrace the scientific concepts of statistical analysis regarding voting blocks and market segmentation etc whereas the GOP was far more likely to allow their feeling to dominate their decision making when they "go with their gut" on issues. That's how George Bush ended up getting us in Iraq, remember? Well, the GOP ended up losing most of the battleground states -- even ones they thought they would win. In politics, it's a REALLY bad sign when your predictions and projections are that far off the mark, especially on election day when you're taken completely by surprise by the results.

Yes indeed.

Also, Obama and his team connected with the younger, technologically advanced segment of the voter block better than the GOP did.

lol, technologically advanced
I'm on a computer and he didn't apeal to me
good grief

Last edited:
Obama and his soldiers successfully demonized the Republican party.

And while it stings good-hearted Republicans to have so many think so poorly of them, Obama is paying the price too. He can't get cooperation because it would take a special kind of stupid to want to work with him -- someone who has already been such an ass and who you know would turn on you in a flash to try to score political points.

The Republican National Committee (RNC) released its wide-ranging "autopsy" report on Monday, admitting some of its shortcomings after losing the 2012 presidential election.

Coined the Growth and Opportunity Project, the document includes market research from voter focus groups around the country.

"Asked to describe Republicans, they said that the Party is 'scary,' 'narrow minded,' and 'out of touch' and that we were a Party of 'stuffy old men.' This is consistent with the findings of other post-election surveys," the report states.

Hours before the report was live, RNC Chair Reince Priebus leveled about the GOP's struggles in an interview on CBS' "Face The Nation," telling host Bob Schieffer that the party did a "lousy job" of marketing itself.

RNC Growth And Opportunity Project Report: Voters See GOP As 'Scary,' 'Narrow Minded'

Pat Buchanan scared the crap out of Americans with his 1992 "Culture War" rhetoric. Now that scary shit has become mainstream in the GOP and at their conventions.

It's an ultra-conservative fear brokering message that sells well during tough times.

look up: demagoguery

Obama (and his team) also won because they're far more inclined than Republicans to embrace the scientific concepts of statistical analysis regarding voting blocks and market segmentation etc whereas the GOP was far more likely to allow their feeling to dominate their decision making when they "go with their gut" on issues. That's how George Bush ended up getting us in Iraq, remember? Well, the GOP ended up losing most of the battleground states -- even ones they thought they would win. In politics, it's a REALLY bad sign when your predictions and projections are that far off the mark, especially on election day when you're taken completely by surprise by the results.

Yes indeed.

Also, Obama and his team connected with the younger, technologically advanced segment of the voter block better than the GOP did.

good grief

I forgot Stephanie was here...

Let me dumb it down for you dear: That would be the generation regularly using Facebook, Twitter and every other social networking site.

The Republican National Committee (RNC) released its wide-ranging "autopsy" report on Monday, admitting some of its shortcomings after losing the 2012 presidential election.

Coined the Growth and Opportunity Project, the document includes market research from voter focus groups around the country.

"Asked to describe Republicans, they said that the Party is 'scary,' 'narrow minded,' and 'out of touch' and that we were a Party of 'stuffy old men.' This is consistent with the findings of other post-election surveys," the report states.

Hours before the report was live, RNC Chair Reince Priebus leveled about the GOP's struggles in an interview on CBS' "Face The Nation," telling host Bob Schieffer that the party did a "lousy job" of marketing itself.

RNC Growth And Opportunity Project Report: Voters See GOP As 'Scary,' 'Narrow Minded'

Pat Buchanan scared the crap out of Americans with his 1992 "Culture War" rhetoric. Now that scary shit has become mainstream in the GOP and at their conventions.

It's an ultra-conservative fear brokering message that sells well during tough times.

well back then you still had people that cared about those "cultural things", today not so much when abortion is accepted as a form of birth control
we better face it, this county is on a path to ruin

well back then you still had people that cared about those "cultural things", today not so much when abortion is accepted as a form of birth control

tell the government they have NO place in pushing religious dictates into a woman's body! :evil:

Yes indeed.

good grief

I forgot Stephanie was here...

Let me dumb it down for you dear: That would be the generation regularly using Facebook, Twitter and every other social networking site.

OH WOW, I've even been on those.
and Obama STILL DIDN'T apeal to me:eek:

well yeah, they showed they had to pander to certain blocks so they did..
running on Obama's record was something THEY DIDN'T do, did they?
you want to belong to a party that stands for nothing and only use fear (like this made up war on women), so be it...evidently a lot of people like that too

Get off your high horse! No one panders like the GOP panders to the unfounded, unsubstantiated, and downright irrational fears of its base. The whole birther movement is a testimony to that fact.

oh right, so all the people who are Republicans were birthers I guess is what you're saying..
and that no politician has ever been question about their lives. no one questioned Bushs service record or McCain was born overseas, etc etc

the only ones on their high horses is people like you ..that you really believe a poll that says they think the Republican party is scary..

No, he is saying that a certain segment of the party are like you, and you guys scare the hell out of the rest of America, is what he is saying. Truthfully.

tell the government they have NO place in pushing religious dictates into a woman's body! :evil:

ok tell them to get out of marriage, cigarettes, sodas, obesity, and the nanny beat goes on and on

Get off your high horse! No one panders like the GOP panders to the unfounded, unsubstantiated, and downright irrational fears of its base. The whole birther movement is a testimony to that fact.

oh right, so all the people who are Republicans were birthers I guess is what you're saying..
and that no politician has ever been question about their lives. no one questioned Bushs service record or McCain was born overseas, etc etc

the only ones on their high horses is people like you ..that you really believe a poll that says they think the Republican party is scary..

No, he is saying that a certain segment of the party are like you, and you guys scare the hell out of the rest of America, is what he is saying. Truthfully.

lol, I know people with strong principles, honor and pride who doesn't let people like you bully them into silence scares you
go be the Democrat you are

lol, I know people with strong principles, honor and pride who doesn't let people like you bully them into silence scares you

We are taking the sensible part of the GOP away from you clowns. Go away. Be a Libertarian or a Conservative or a Whatever. The majority of America thinks you folks are loony.

ok tell them to get out of marriage, cigarettes, sodas, obesity, and the nanny beat goes on and on

they should get out of marriage, but everything else you mention has to do with local regulation and control. Communities have the right to regulate what is sold in their communities. We've been doing that since the days of Colonial America

We are taking the sensible part of the GOP away from you clowns. Go away. Be a Libertarian or a Conservative or a Whatever. The majority of America thinks you folks are loony.

ok jake, you know all and want to kick people around because they don't think like you..that is why you'd make a good Democrat

Oh, Stephanie, you hate being told you are not in charge and that you do not embody mainstream principles.

well yeah, they showed they had to pander to certain blocks so they did..
running on Obama's record was something THEY DIDN'T do, did they?
you want to belong to a party that stands for nothing and only use fear (like this made up war on women), so be it...evidently a lot of people like that too

Like I said, get off YOUR high horse. I'm well aware that some politicians from both parties are quite capable of exploiting the fears of people. The difference in this particular case is that Democrats haven't manufactured that fear of Republicans out of some exaggerated fiction like Republicans have done regarding the birther movement. Republicans have created that fear all by themselves by embracing extremist ideas and the rhetoric that went along with it which they've repeated over and over again with the cameras rolling and the microphones on. Democrats would be utter fools not to exploit those PR fiascoes.

Many RW yahoos have become SO accustomed to the over-the-top conservative talk radio rhetoric that they listen to every day that they no longer understand how it plays to average people who aren't immersed in it day in and day out. It DOES scare people.

ok jake, you know all and want to kick people around because they don't think like you..that is why you'd make a good Democrat

Which is exactly what YOU do because people don't think like you, Stephoney?

What their fellow extremists once called "Purges". Should the Republicans 'purge' their party of all but ideologues, their political fate will be determined: relugated to minority status for a generation or more.

OR the party could be switched out and either Libertarians come in (my preference) or Dems split and half of them become the new "other" party.

After all, that happened before, in Lincoln's time: the Whigs got switched out.

Of course, that was right before a Civil War, but that strikes me as VERY like what's going on today, massive national disunity.
If it didn't happen in 1968 or in 1974 it isn't going yo happen due to massive national disunity. Those years showed more national disunity than any others I've seen,

The incredulous thing is the Tea Party crazies are still lamenting the fact that the GOP failed to bring the Bad Ass in the last two presidential elections! As if their warped message of fear hate and division was a winning one.

Let them form a third party. It will then be left to the Republican Party on its own, without the internal divisions, to re-brand themselves.

yep, we should have one have the Republicans join the Democrat party who spreads hate, like a war on women... or who doesn't give a rats ass about all the children being aborted

sounds like a liberal utopia
Poor delusional Stephanie. Is it your contention that someone who testifies before Congress for birth control to be added to a health care plan is a slut? Do you believe that, God forbid a woman is raped, that she has a biological device to shut down pregnancy, if and only if that rape is considered "legitimate"? Are you of the political belief that the government should not interfere with your personal life, unless you are pregnant? Who do you suppose holds these beliefs, Stephanie? Liberals?

You must because you keep beating that dead horse of a Liberal "war on women". Delusion makes for handy skirts to hide behind.
I guess she's of the 1% of women who don't use birth control.

yep, we should have one have the Republicans join the Democrat party who spreads hate, like a war on women... or who doesn't give a rats ass about all the children being aborted

sounds like a liberal utopia
Poor delusional Stephanie. Is it your contention that someone who testifies before Congress for birth control to be added to a health care plan is a slut? Do you believe that, God forbid a woman is raped, that she has a biological device to shut down pregnancy, if and only if that rape is considered "legitimate"? Are you of the political belief that the government should not interfere with your personal life, unless you are pregnant? Who do you suppose holds these beliefs, Stephanie? Liberals?

You must because you keep beating that dead horse of a Liberal "war on women". Delusion makes for handy skirts to hide behind.
I guess she's of the 1% of women who don't use birth control.

wtf, my gawd

Forum List

Back