RNC Report Finds Voters Think GOP Is 'Scary'

The GOP has finally figured out it has a messaging problem and is trying to correct it. Two tiny problems so far:

1. There are still many in the party who are somehow confusing "better messaging" with "complete capitulation of our values" and continue to fight the notion that loony absolutism is a bad idea, and

2. Those people still have microphones

Outside of that, the party's doing just great.

It's not the messaging, it's the message.

It's like a guy that keeps going on dates, but the dates leave him halfway through...usually with a slap on the face or a drink down his front.

So what does the guy do? Gets new clothes and some new aftershave...and still gets slapped. It's still the old douche under the new clothes.

That's a fair point, and you may be right.

The problem is that the messaging and the messengers are so bad, so absurd, so clownish, that there's really no way to know for sure.

Disagree, it's way more than just the "message" or the "messenger", those are cope out excuses. It's about their POLICIES!!!

Their message has been crystal clear, messengers regardless of how stupid, ignorant or whatever else you want to call them has also been crystal clear.

Simple question to backup my statement:

What POLICY has an Republican President put forwarded that really helped most Americans, besides the richest...since NIXON?

[Of course, that was right before a Civil War, but that strikes me as VERY like what's going on today, massive national disunity.]

If it didn't happen in 1968 or in 1974 it isn't going yo happen due to massive national disunity. Those years showed more national disunity than any others I've seen,

Yes!! Thank you, I have been nervously realizing the last few years that they came VERY close to losing the country during Vietnam! I did a lot of marching myself but was too young to realize the full danger of what was going on. The grown-ups finally did and managed to get it under control by ending the draft and lowering the voting age and finally at long last ending the war. By, essentially, buying off the young people who were on the edge of open revolt.

There was one other time, too, I think --- the mid-1930s. There were marches on Washington then, Hooverville encampments like Occupy, an actual coup attempt with Smedley Butler being used as a figurehead, radio harangues like with Limbaugh and Beck now --- it was very like now, really.

Dangerous times. Twice it settled back down, once (1861), it didn't. Unlike you, I think this period is MORE dangerous than the Vietnam protest time. The rapid mass communication, the rejectionism and negativity all over, the two halves of the country at each others' throat: that reminds me more of abolition times than the Depression or Vietnam uprisings.

[Of course, that was right before a Civil War, but that strikes me as VERY like what's going on today, massive national disunity.]

If it didn't happen in 1968 or in 1974 it isn't going yo happen due to massive national disunity. Those years showed more national disunity than any others I've seen,

Yes!! Thank you, I have been nervously realizing the last few years that they came VERY close to losing the country during Vietnam! I did a lot of marching myself but was too young to realize the full danger of what was going on. The grown-ups finally did and managed to get it under control by ending the draft and lowering the voting age and finally at long last ending the war. By, essentially, buying off the young people who were on the edge of open revolt.

There was one other time, too, I think --- the mid-1930s. There were marches on Washington then, Hooverville encampments like Occupy, an actual coup attempt with Smedley Butler being used as a figurehead, radio harangues like with Limbaugh and Beck now --- it was very like now, really.

Dangerous times. Twice it settled back down, once (1861), it didn't. Unlike you, I think this period is MORE dangerous than the Vietnam protest time. The rapid mass communication, the rejectionism and negativity all over, the two halves of the country at each others' throat: that reminds me more of abolition times than the Depression or Vietnam uprisings.

Pretty good precise. Instead of taking the bait from the politician's "wedge tools" as I call them (media blabbermouths) and being at each other's throats, we should be banding together. It's really zillions of us against a few thousand of "them" when it comes right down to it.

It's not the messaging, it's the message.

It's like a guy that keeps going on dates, but the dates leave him halfway through...usually with a slap on the face or a drink down his front.

So what does the guy do? Gets new clothes and some new aftershave...and still gets slapped. It's still the old douche under the new clothes.

The problem is that the messaging and the messengers are so bad, so absurd, so clownish, that there's really no way to know for sure.

Disagree, it's way more than just the "message" or the "messenger", those are cope out excuses. It's about their POLICIES!!!

Their message has been crystal clear, messengers regardless of how stupid, ignorant or whatever else you want to call them has also been crystal clear.

What POLICY has an Republican President put forwarded that really helped most Americans, besides the richest...since NIXON?

What policy has a Democratic president put forward that really helped most Americans?

What policy has a Democratic president put forward that really helped most Americans?

Tricks are for kids, go back under your rock where you belong...

What matters? Democrats and Republicans work for the same monied bosses, and if you think it's we the voters they work for, you're wildly mistaken.

Poor delusional Stephanie. Is it your contention that someone who testifies before Congress for birth control to be added to a health care plan is a slut? Do you believe that, God forbid a woman is raped, that she has a biological device to shut down pregnancy, if and only if that rape is considered "legitimate"? Are you of the political belief that the government should not interfere with your personal life, unless you are pregnant? Who do you suppose holds these beliefs, Stephanie? Liberals?

You must because you keep beating that dead horse of a Liberal "war on women". Delusion makes for handy skirts to hide behind.
I guess she's of the 1% of women who don't use birth control.

wtf, my gawd

Stephoney keeps on driveling.

Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, The G.I. Bill, the CCC, Pell Grants, Head Start, W.I.C.

As opposed to tax cuts for millionaires and deregulating savings and loans.

Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, The G.I. Bill, the CCC, Pell Grants, Head Start, W.I.C.

A. the question included the qualifier "helped most Americans".

B. I should have remembered to add "since NIXON" but I thought the context was sufficiently clear. My bad.

82 per cent of NYC high school grads can't read nor write upon graduation. Thomas Jefferson's idea of the ideal American Citizen was the farmer who read Homer in the original Greek at night. We're getting the type of Government we deserve. The State of New York instituted a telephone tip line today for its residents, complete with a $500 reward, so they can snitch on their neighbors for gun violations. Maybe Governor Cuomo should insist NY schools institute mandatory classes on learning to love your local Stasi, KGB, NKVD, or Gestapo. Elizabeth Warren threw her hat into the running for 2016 with her suggestion on raising the minimum wage to $22.00/hr. Whats not to love about that in this age of the panderer? Of course all of your earnings that you deposit in the bank will be seized by the Government. Everything you own will then be marked, "Made In China."

Last edited:
82% of HS grads that go to community college.

Your little lies only show that you aren't serious about the discussion.

ok, so the word from the libs on the board is that Republicans should be more like their party and put people in groups so they pander to them, so much for that we are equal crap...and that the social issue of marriage and abortion is more important than jobs, being able to care for your families without being taxed to death, etc etc

did I get that right?

No. The Republicans need to drive out all the RINOs (they get to define what is a RINO) and go far far right. This is what the Republicans should do. Listen to CPAC. They know how the Republicans should do.
That's right, if republicans want to save their party they need to get rid of the RINO's, exactly.

But what you libroids are mistakenly calling "far right" is actually what the republican party used to be. The reason they have been losing elections as of late is because they've been moving to the LEFT. They have been caving and capitulating to you leftists for decades now, and that has to end if they ever want to have another president in the White House.

They also are finally starting realize that this "far right" and "scary" story has all been cooked up by the left, and it's been working for you, no denying it. But truly, the gig is up on that line. The cat is out of the bag and the right realizes now that it has been a mistake to listen to it. We'd be talking about President Romney right now had they not. Won't happen again though. Mistakes are being corrected and the move back to it's conservative roots is on, and conservative voters are loving it.

Get ready to start losing elections libroids, because your policies are becoming more hated by the day. People's pay checks are shrinking, they're afraid, for good reason, the left will try and confiscate their weapons, and obamacare is really beginning to show it's colors as the legislation that will ruin America. Yup, liberalism is becoming more unpopular by the day. The party is over for the left. The push back is coming.

Last edited:
I think part of the problem is, the GOP talks about principles without practicalities.

Let's take abortion. Now, sensible thing. Most people would like to see there be less abortion. No one really thinks abortion is a good thing.

It's when you get into the "What do you do about it" that you get into scary areas. When you start talking about "Gift from God" and "Legitimate" rapes, when you talk about forcing women to have babies and putting them onto chain gangs if they don't take care of them. (Seriously, this was proposed by a poster here in another thread.)

I think part of the problem is, the GOP talks about principles without practicalities.

Let's take abortion. Now, sensible thing. Most people would like to see there be less abortion. No one really thinks abortion is a good thing.

It's when you get into the "What do you do about it" that you get into scary areas. When you start talking about "Gift from God" and "Legitimate" rapes, when you talk about forcing women to have babies and putting them onto chain gangs if they don't take care of them. (Seriously, this was proposed by a poster here in another thread.)

Yup. If you're going to stick to your guns no matter what, that's fine, but whining and complaining when the other guy beats you because of it and then does things his way isn't very bright.

A. the question included the qualifier "helped most Americans".

B. I should have remembered to add "since NIXON" but I thought the context was sufficiently clear. My bad.
Medicare helps most senior citizens right when they need the help the most. Medicaid helps the most disadvantaged Americans defray the cost of health care, so that, in turn, helps most Americans. The G.I. Bill and Pell grants helps most Americans by building a group of college educated citizens who might not otherwise obtain a degree. The C.C.C. helped most Americans enjoy the benefits of an improved infrastructure. Head Start and W.I.C. helps children get the education and food and medicine they need. I'm sorry, but structuring a tax code to help the wealthiest Americans does not benefit most Americans at all.

ok, so the word from the libs on the board is that Republicans should be more like their party and put people in groups so they pander to them, so much for that we are equal crap...and that the social issue of marriage and abortion is more important than jobs, being able to care for your families without being taxed to death, etc etc

did I get that right?

No. The Republicans need to drive out all the RINOs (they get to define what is a RINO) and go far far right. This is what the Republicans should do. Listen to CPAC. They know how the Republicans should do.
That's right, if republicans want to save their party they need to get rid of the RINO's, exactly.

But what you libroids are mistakenly calling "far right" is actually what the republican party used to be. The reason they have been losing elections as of late is because they've been moving to the LEFT. They have been caving and capitulating to you leftists for decades now, and that has to end if they ever want to have another president in the White House.

They also are finally starting realize that this "far right" and "scary" story has all been cooked up by the left, and it's been working for you, no denying it. But truly, the gig is up on that line. The cat is out of the bag and the right realizes now that it has been a mistake to listen to it. We'd be talking about President Romney right now had they not. Won't happen again though. Mistakes are being corrected and the move back to it's conservative roots is on, and conservative voters are loving it.

Get ready to start losing elections libroids, because your policies are becoming more hated by the day. People's pay checks are shrinking, they're afraid, for good reason, the left will try and confiscate their weapons, and obamacare is really beginning to show it's colors as the legislation that will ruin America. Yup, liberalism is becoming more unpopular by the day. The party is over for the left. The push back is coming.

You mean Eisenhower Republicans? :eusa_eh:

Sad that we have to turn to comedy for honesty in the media. One of many reasons people are leaving the GOP - Fox News!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn7_8QL2weQ]Bill O'Reilly Lies to Bill Maher on Fox News Misreporting Cost of Obama Trip to India? - YouTube[/ame]

But what you libroids are mistakenly calling "far right" is actually what the republican party used to be. The reason they have been losing elections as of late is because they've been moving to the LEFT.

Same old John Birch lie from the sixties when Goldwater got handed his head; it was the moderate GOP's fault. Nixon and Ford and the other mainstream leaders knew what needed to be done: isolate the crazy reactionaries and did so.

We are doing the same during these next three years.

There will be no wacky reactionary candidate in 2016 for the Pubs.

Forum List

Back