Robert Reich tried to warn us

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT7Y0TOBuG4]Robert Reich: What An Honest President Would Say About Health Reform - YouTube[/ame]

Robert Reich gave this speech at the university of Berkley years before Obamacare came to be. However, he already knew the game plan.

1. Politicians would have to lie to get elected in order to do to health care what must be done. Just like Obama lied about lowered premiums and being able to keep our health care.

2. The young and healthy will have to pay much more than they do now. This is Obamacare.

3. The aged and dying will not be treated. It's just too darn expensive. And now we see this in the VA.

$obama as the devil.jpg

In a way, I can see why the government targets veterans.

1. They probably own guns, and know how to use them.

2. Most tend to vote conservative.

3. They are not wealthy, since they devoted their life to serving their country. In short, they are easy targets.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVgOl3cETb4]"We're Number 37" - Paul Hipp - YouTube[/ame]

Yet in all these nations their citizens live longer than we do, and their infant mortality rate is far lower than ours. Seems you silly bastards don't know your asses from a hole in the ground.

We will have a Single Payer Universal Healthcare System in my lifetime. And you fellows can cry about it all you want.

3. They are not wealthy, since they devoted their life to serving their country. In short, they are easy targets.

Self-reliant Conservatives suck off the tax payer teat?
Oh yeah, they do.

"We're Number 37" - Paul Hipp - YouTube

Yet in all these nations their citizens live longer than we do, and their infant mortality rate is far lower than ours. Seems you silly bastards don't know your asses from a hole in the ground.

We will have a Single Payer Universal Healthcare System in my lifetime. And you fellows can cry about it all you want.

We have it already, it's called the VA

Because of his injuries during WW2, my father had free healthcare all of his life. And the quality was quite good. What has happened since, given the scandal during the Bush years, seems to be a failure of funding for the men and women that served.

As far as the present scandal is concerned, I fully expect there to be repercussions in several directions. All that have failed our servicemen and women need to be punished. That includes those that think funding the VA is optional.

The current VA difficulties has nothing to do with funding. It's government employees drawing a salary while doing as little as possible. A VA cardiologist sees two patients a day. One in private practice sees eight.

Excuse me Sir, I'm no easy anything. I have my fed reps on speed dial and I have no problems walking into patient relations and raising a bit of hell. Fortunately I haven't had to make a habit of it because the DeBackey Hospital in Houston is probably one of the best in the system. I've got a friend in VA that has been trying to get disability from VA since 96, he was a master sergeant, but won't get his reps involved in his case. That's his fault.

Also I would like to see the priority is for the people that are complaining, for all we know they might be a 6,7 or 8 priority. If that is the case it would actually help the administration and VA to make that public. I'm no fan of the mulatto messiah but I'm taking a wait and see attitude on this one.

Because of his injuries during WW2, my father had free healthcare all of his life. And the quality was quite good. What has happened since, given the scandal during the Bush years, seems to be a failure of funding for the men and women that served.

As far as the present scandal is concerned, I fully expect there to be repercussions in several directions. All that have failed our servicemen and women need to be punished. That includes those that think funding the VA is optional.

The issue is not about how your father was treated, the issue, like in the video, is that government will begin to tell doctors to not treat the aged and dying.

Once government has full control of such things as health care and social security, all they need to is scale it back at any time they desire, probably slowly at first like a frog in a pan of water as it is slowly heated.

Excuse me Sir, I'm no easy anything. I have my fed reps on speed dial and I have no problems walking into patient relations and raising a bit of hell. Fortunately I haven't had to make a habit of it because the DeBackey Hospital in Houston is probably one of the best in the system. I've got a friend in VA that has been trying to get disability from VA since 96, he was a master sergeant, but won't get his reps involved in his case. That's his fault.

Also I would like to see the priority is for the people that are complaining, for all we know they might be a 6,7 or 8 priority. If that is the case it would actually help the administration and VA to make that public. I'm no fan of the mulatto messiah but I'm taking a wait and see attitude on this one.

Did you not watch the video? Robert Reich said that government run health care would have to scale back treatment of the aged and dying.

This is a process in place. We are simply beginning to see evidence of it.

In the end, this scandal will end up the same place the scandal for the IRS ended up, which is dying in some committee. There is no accountability in the federal government. They are all hopelessly corrupt.

Look at the countries that have a single payer system. They might be the size of a state in the US. I have no problem with states wanting a single payer system. In fact, MA did just that under Romney. That way you get to pick and choose what you like. Conservatives states will then be allowed self determination and without the corrupt out of control federal government at the helm.

I fail to see why liberals insist on forcing conservative states into their way of thinking. If it is so good, then the results will speak for themselves. Unfortunately, I think that is their biggest fear. If they have any competition whatsoever, they will all be shown to be failures.

No country has yet been able to guarantee everyone immediate access to all the services that might maintain or improve their health.
http://www.who.int/whr/2010/10_chap02_en.pdf

I am trying to get a grasp on how many Americans TRULY are INSURED. In FY 2010 there were 310,197,500 Americans.

301,219,252 insured people covered under the above.

Health Insurance Coverage of the Total Population | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
That leaves 8,978,248 UNINSURED.....
Included in that 8,978,248 "uninsured" are:

1) 10 million counted as uninsured were NOT Citizens. So that leaves 36 million...
2) 14 million counted as uninsured BUT at their poverty level QUALIFIED FOR MEDICAID BEFORE ACA was passed. Negligence on the administration!
3) 18 million counted as uninsured that are under 34 yrs make over $50,000 but decline employers' health plans... WHY are they counted?

So what is the problem???

Not that I expect any partisans to care about reality when they've got the teeth sunk into a scandal..

but I get good HC service at the VA.

I do NOT have to wait months to see a physican, in fact I can see one instantly if I want to go to the ER.

So what the heck is this all about?

PARTIANS POLITICS.

That was the goal for O. However, obamacare is such a massive failure that 70 percent of the country wants it gone and wants nothing to do with single payer especially in light of the VA scandal.

That was the goal for O. However, obamacare is such a massive failure that 70 percent of the country wants it gone and wants nothing to do with single payer especially in light of the VA scandal.

Well, just keep repeating that, and as the rest of the nation decided that the ACA is a good thing, watch your party to down the tubes.

Well, just keep repeating that, and as the rest of the nation decided that the ACA is a good thing, watch your party to down the tubes.

a majority do NOT think the ACA is a good thing; why lie to yourself leftard?

oh gosh leftard; it Republicans go "down the tubes" who will you blame your left-wing failures on?

the record welfare and food stamps?

or will you just keep pretending record welfare and food stamps is "forward progress" and hope to your gods your lemmings remain lemmings forever?

Not that I expect any partisans to care about reality when they've got the teeth sunk into a scandal..

but I get good HC service at the VA.

I do NOT have to wait months to see a physican, in fact I can see one instantly if I want to go to the ER.

So what the heck is this all about?

PARTIANS POLITICS.

Did they only give you a couple of years to live?

My guess is no. If so, helping you was still an option.

Forum List

Back