Rodimus/Cyclonus: A.I. Drawer

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Rodimus Prime is the newly-crowned leader of the heroic Autobot robots, and Cyclonus is the newly-anointed 'first knight' of the evil Decepticon robots. The Autobots and Decepticons are two armies of robots engaged in battle, and we see/read stories of these battles from the A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) fantasy-adventure franchise Transformers (Hasbro), which includes comic books, animated television programs, and big-budget Hollywood (USA) films such as Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

Rodimus Prime used to be simply a prominent soldier-warrior of the Autobots named Hot Rod, a somewhat headstrong daredevil who nevertheless exhibited a great deal of leadership potential and was transformed into the new leader Rodimus Prime by the energy-power of the sacred ‘Matrix’ after the original leader of the Autobots, Optimus Prime, was destroyed in battle.

Cyclonus used to be the wily and ruthless evil Insecticon (robots that transform into giant weapons-enhanced insectoid creatures) Bombshell until a devastating battle with the Autobots left him floating in space shattered and requiring the diabolical giant robot megamind Unicron to transform him into the cutthroat newly-designed ‘first knight’ of the Decepticons after which the original first knight Starscream was killed for betrayal and inadequacy.

Rodimus Prime and Cyclonus were both born/introduced in the animated full-length adapted film Transformers: The Movie.

Optimus Prime and Starscream were both eventually ‘resurrected’ as lingering and impactful sentient beings in the universe of the Transformers. Nevertheless, Rodimus Prime and Cyclonus effectively ‘replace’ them as the new diplomats of Transformers leadership.

Rodimus Prime represents courage and intuition, while Cyclonus represents cunning and terrorism.

To understand how these two diametrically opposite fictional A.I. robots symbolize sci-fi storytelling about values, we have to appreciate how humanity psychologically characterizes confidence.

Rodimus Prime

Cyclonus

robots2.jpg

Forum List

Back