Roe v. Wade getting overturned!!

Ok, why have we allowed state governments to make these decisions? There are states without helmet laws and one without a seatbelt law. Why has the federal government not mandated via the SCOTUS that all states have seatbelt and helmet laws?
Obviously you don't have a very good understanding of how our system works. The SCOTUS reviews and interpret laws to interpret them and rule on their constitutionality. It may strike down laws or rule on how they may be applied. it does not tell states that they must pass a law. With regards to seat belts and helmets, there is no question regarding interpretation and there is certainly no constitutional issue. If anything, a case might be brought that requiring helmets and seatbelts is unconstitutional but that would be a stretch,

Absolutely. As I’ve said elsewhere, the thugs threatening the justices with murder aren’t doing so to keep abortion available, but to make sure it’s convenient and doesn’t require a bus ride.

I say if the unborn baby is about to endure the “inconvenience” of being robbed of life, then Mama can sit her butt down for a few hours if she’s in a restrictive state and has delayed too long about her decision - or move to a state that better suits her outlook on killing one’s child.
They should just be locked up as soon as they're reported as pregnant. So we can make sure they don't do it wrong.

Obviously you don't have a very good understanding of how our system works. The SCOTUS reviews and interpret laws to interpret them and rule on their constitutionality. It may strike down laws or rule on how they may be applied. it does not tell states that they must pass a law. With regards to seat belts and helmets, there is no question regarding interpretation and there is certainly no constitutional issue. If anything, a case might be brought that requiring helmets and seatbelts is unconstitutional but that would be a stretch,
And you are obviously missing the point. Which is no surprise really.

They should just be locked up as soon as they're reported as pregnant. So we can make sure they don't do it wrong.
Another leftist who goes to a ridiculous extreme. “Let’s put all the pregnant women in prison!!” Yeah, that’s the ticket.

Then I take it that you support unrestricted access to affordable birth control?. You do know that some of those states that will ban abortion would also ban most forms of birth control? Who that hell is Jamal? Oh right, a black guy. I see where you're coming from
Which forms of birth control will be banned, and which states?

Another leftist who goes to a ridiculous extreme. “Let’s put all the pregnant women in prison!!” Yeah, that’s the ticket.

Leftist? Sure man. That's me. I'm a commie progressive all the way!

Dipshit.

Pointing out the insanity of someone's proposal by applying it consistently is a common rhetorical technique. You clearly think that once a woman is pregnant, the state's interest in her fetus overrides her control of her body. Might as well put her in prison at that point.

Leftist? Sure man. That's me. I'm a commie progressive all the way!

Dipshit.
Of course you are. A regular person would not make a ridiculous claim that they’re going to lock up pregnant women. That’s a leftist tactic.

Also, the uncalled for personal and profane insult at the end is a sign too.

You leftists are getting so predictable.

Pointing out the insanity of someone's proposal by applying it consistently is a common rhetorical technique. You clearly think that once a woman is pregnant, the state's interest in her fetus overrides her control of her body. Might as well put her in prison at that point.
Nope. Trying to scare voters is a leftist taking. Nobody is putting pregnant women in jail. All you’re doing is making yourself sound ridiculous - and your credibility is completely lost.

Yes, the interest of protecting life is paramount.

Of course you are. A regular person would not make a ridiculous claim that they’re going to lock up pregnant women. That’s a leftist tactic.

Also, the uncalled for personal and profane insult at the end is a sign too.

You leftists are getting so predictable.

Oh, I see. So you don't really mean "leftist" in the traditional sense. You just mean "anyone who makes me mad". Got it. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back