Romney "bullying" story false

But the Mormons are a special case, because their fraud is so obvious and their self-righteousness is extra obnoxios. So, legally I can't throw them off the building, but crushing their champion is a nice touch.

I don't often see such bigotry.

Kind of reminds me of Archie Bunker. :popcorn:

Maybe we should start heating up the ovens.....would you like that????

I'd be more inclined towards a massive cult deprogramming camp, actually.

I see most Mormons as victims. They hit them with the threat of complete exclusion from their family if they ever even think for a moment that Joseph Smith was just a two-bit con-man.

Now, here's the thing. I walked away from Catholicism when I was 22. Most of my relatives are still practicing Catholics. Some are even Church employees. Not a one of them "shunned" me when I stopped going to church.

If I were a Mormon, they'd be required to Shun me. This is what makes Mormons the douchebags of Christianity, and why I'll never vote for one.

You guy's do realize this so called story is already yesterdays news don't you I might add I'm hard pressed to refer to this as news anyway it will get a bit more play on tomorrows Sunday morning news shows and that will be it. People who have been out of work for a year or more don't give a rats rump about this hope you enjoyed it's done over and out.

Crazy like a fox, man..

This wasn't a prank, snookums... This was an assault. If he pulled that shit today, he'd be looking at jail time. He probably should have been expelled, but because his daddy was the Governor, it was swept under the rug.

And that's the point, this is his whole life. The rules of decency don't apply to me, I'm rich.

First off "snookums"? WTF ever <eye-roll>

You're an idiot. No one even knows exactly what took place. But let's just say it happened the way you want it to have happened. How many people has Romney done this to since this incident 47 years ago? Where's the pattern that makes this incident so horrible? I'll tell you, the only pattern here is that some people, like yourself, are angry hate filled weirdos.

You will drone on about an alleged HS prank from 47 years ago and ignore the condition of our economy and the abysmal failings of Obama. That makes you not just weird- but stupidly weird.

Oh; I'M sorry. Four other men know exactly what happened, and their recollections all match.

LOL- yes Phillip Maxwell that "outraged accomplice"

David Muir:

I did ask that other former classmate, Philip Maxwell, the man who described [Romney's bullying] in such detail -- is he a Democrat, is he a Republican? -- he says, he's voted for both and, in fact, he would've voted for George Romney, Mitt Romney's father, had he won the nomination.

Well, recently, this same Philip Maxwell told Automobile Magazine writer, David Murray:

“’I'm a Democrat, so I won't vote for him,’ says Maxwell. 'But he'd probably make a pretty good President. He's very smart, very principled.’”

According to Automobile Magazine, Philip Maxwell is a Democrat who is obviously going to vote for Barack Obama.

The question now is who lied? Did ABC News choose to not tell its audience that Maxwell stated he was a Democrat who intends to vote for Barack Obama? In other words, did they ellipses their way past that inconvenient fact. Or did Maxwell hem and haw around his political affiliation. Whoever the guilty party is, the intent is obviously to do as much damage to Romney as possible by presenting a "damning" witness as not having a political agenda. link

Again, Romney's statement:

"I had no idea what that individual's sexual orientation might be. Going back to the 1960s that wasn't something that we all discussed or considered. So that's simply just not accurate. I don't recall the incident myself, but I've seen the reports and I'm not going to argue with that. There's no question but that I did some stupid things when I was in high school and obviously if I hurt anyone by virtue of that I would be very sorry for it and apologize for it".

Lauber died in 2004, but his family has spoken out against the Post article. They claim the story is factually incorrect. While I can only speculate about which facts the family is referring to, it's quite possible that their late son was not gay and they resent his being portrayed as such. Or they could just be Republicans.

First off "snookums"? WTF ever <eye-roll>

You're an idiot. No one even knows exactly what took place. But let's just say it happened the way you want it to have happened. How many people has Romney done this to since this incident 47 years ago? Where's the pattern that makes this incident so horrible? I'll tell you, the only pattern here is that some people, like yourself, are angry hate filled weirdos.

You will drone on about an alleged HS prank from 47 years ago and ignore the condition of our economy and the abysmal failings of Obama. That makes you not just weird- but stupidly weird.

Oh; I'M sorry. Four other men know exactly what happened, and their recollections all match.

David Muir:

I did ask that other former classmate, Philip Maxwell, the man who described [Romney's bullying] in such detail -- is he a Democrat, is he a Republican? -- he says, he's voted for both and, in fact, he would've voted for George Romney, Mitt Romney's father, had he won the nomination.

Well, recently, this same Philip Maxwell told Automobile Magazine writer, David Murray:

“’I'm a Democrat, so I won't vote for him,’ says Maxwell. 'But he'd probably make a pretty good President. He's very smart, very principled.’”

According to Automobile Magazine, Philip Maxwell is a Democrat who is obviously going to vote for Barack Obama.

The question now is who lied? Did ABC News choose to not tell its audience that Maxwell stated he was a Democrat who intends to vote for Barack Obama? In other words, did they ellipses their way past that inconvenient fact. Or did Maxwell hem and haw around his political affiliation. Whoever the guilty party is, the intent is obviously to do as much damage to Romney as possible by presenting a "damning" witness as not having a political agenda. link

"I had no idea what that individual's sexual orientation might be. Going back to the 1960s that wasn't something that we all discussed or considered. So that's simply just not accurate. I don't recall the incident myself, but I've seen the reports and I'm not going to argue with that. There's no question but that I did some stupid things when I was in high school and obviously if I hurt anyone by virtue of that I would be very sorry for it and apologize for it".

Lauber died in 2004, but his family has spoken out against the Post article. They claim the story is factually incorrect. While I can only speculate about which facts the family is referring to, it's quite possible that their late son was not gay and they resent his being portrayed as such. Or they could just be Republicans.

I would say the man lied who claimed he had no memory of the incident, but still referred to the victim's alleged homosexuality.

David Muir:

I would say the man lied who claimed he had no memory of the incident, but still referred to the victim's alleged homosexuality.

I'd say slander and you are well acquainted- but I digress. The fact that the alleged victim was being described as gay might have had something to do with it... And before you go all "AHA" on me- Here is how that went down.

I think the problems of our economy are largely due to structural problems, not anything Obama has done or hasn't done. Most of the table was set before he got there. Sorry, this is the reality. It took us 30 years to get to this point, putting all the blame on one guy (Bush or Obama) is dishonest.

What Romney has done to people in the years since is equally bad. It's "pattern of behavior". He's screwed over working folks at AmPad, GS Steel and a bunch of other companies because he's rich and they're not.

Romney's character flaw is that he thinks he's better than other people because he has money. best argument for confiscatory tax rates and an inheritance tax I've ever heard. The ONLY reason he's the GOP nominee is because he outspent weak opponents who were still better qualified.

I think the problems of our economy are largely due to structural problems, not anything Obama has done or hasn't done. Most of the table was set before he got there. Sorry, this is the reality. It took us 30 years to get to this point, putting all the blame on one guy (Bush or Obama) is dishonest.

What Romney has done to people in the years since is equally bad. It's "pattern of behavior". He's screwed over working folks at AmPad, GS Steel and a bunch of other companies because he's rich and they're not.

Romney's character flaw is that he thinks he's better than other people because he has money. best argument for confiscatory tax rates and an inheritance tax I've ever heard. The ONLY reason he's the GOP nominee is because he outspent weak opponents who were still better qualified.

Of course that's your position- The table may have been set- but Obama's the idiot at the party that thinks he can pull the table cloth out from under the table settings like he's seen on TV. He's incompetent- He has tripled our debt and his policies are/do harm our economy.

Romney was always my choice- though I would have supported any of the other candidates over Obama- Because I am a republican by ideology and because I think Obama is by far the most incompetent president since Jimmy Carter. Four more years of him will be disastrous.

David Muir:

I'd say slander and you are well acquainted- but I digress. The fact that the alleged victim was being described as gay might have had something to do with it... And before you go all "AHA" on me- Here is how that went down.

Y'know what? Deaf is deaf, and life is too short so you have a lovely evening.

[

Of course that's your position- The table may have been set- but Obama's the idiot at the party that thinks he can pull the table cloth out from under the table settings like he's seen on TV. He's incompetent- He has tripled our debt and his policies are/do harm our economy.

Romney was always my choice- though I would have supported any of the other candidates over Obama- Because I am a republican by ideology and because I think Obama is by far the most incompetent president since Jimmy Carter. Four more years of him will be disastrous.

Okay, let's look at that.

First, yes, the debt went up, but it has been high for 30 years now. The only thing that happened under Obama is the long anticipated event of the first "Baby Boomers" retiring and becoming recipiants instead of donors to the system. Everyone was predicting this would happen about now since the 1990's. Of course, the worst recession in 80 years didn't help, but again, that all happened before Obama got there.

The only thing you can blame Obama for is the "Stimulus", which is maybe a quarter of the debt.

Second- I think Obama made some bad priority choices, but the biggest problem with our economy is globalization and a failure to protect our own markets while making our industries more competitive. Again, BOTH parties have blame for this.

Romney is one of the guys who made himself richer benefiting off sending American jobs to these Third World countries, so when that chicken comes home to roost, he's not the guy to complain about it. If the GOP cared about this issue, they'd have nominated Pat Buchanan in 1996. They sold out to the Multi-National Corporations instead, and now the Faustian Bargain has come due.

I am going to pose a question that I think should end this whole silly debate. When you were in your teens did you do something to another kid that would have been considered bullying if so should it be held against you Today? For the record I dished out some bullying and was on the receiving end of some as far as I know no one suffered long term damage from what I gave out and I didn't suffer any from what I got.

Y'know what? Deaf is deaf, and life is too short so you have a lovely evening.

That's not only an expected response, but the only one left to you when faced with facts. You want to point fingers at my supposed being "deaf", when you have been harping on about this? Doing so, no less, while perched atop your slanderous high horse for the past two days~ What a dope.

I couldn't care less what Invisible Sky Man you follow because you can't deal with death.

yea you do or else you would not have mentioned it.....and i cant deal with death?....so now i suppose you are going to tell me how YOU can right?.......and Joe why dont you shut the fuck up......you have done nothing since you have joined but prove what a stupid fucking opinionated asshole you are....

Oh, no, I make no pretentions about dealing with death. When you die, you are no more. When someone you love dies, they are no more and you will never see them again.

That's just what it is. It's sad and unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Unfortunately, we have these assholes called "ministers" and "priests" and "bishops" who sell fairy stories about how you will be reunited with all your loved one AND your childhood dogs.

As long as you let them run your lives and give them money. Their invisible sky man always needs money.

Frankly, if I had a friend who always needed money and was trying to pass judgement on my life all the time, I'd show that asshole the door with my size 10 1/2W boot!

a friend?........if thats how you treat someone you call a friend in one breath,then call him an asshole with another.....you just have to wonder.....which one is the asshole?....

[

Okay, let's look at that.

First, yes, the debt went up, but it has been high for 30 years now. The only thing that happened under Obama is the long anticipated event of the first "Baby Boomers" retiring and becoming recipiants instead of donors to the system. Everyone was predicting this would happen about now since the 1990's. Of course, the worst recession in 80 years didn't help, but again, that all happened before Obama got there.

The only thing you can blame Obama for is the "Stimulus", which is maybe a quarter of the debt.

Second- I think Obama made some bad priority choices, but the biggest problem with our economy is globalization and a failure to protect our own markets while making our industries more competitive. Again, BOTH parties have blame for this.

Romney is one of the guys who made himself richer benefiting off sending American jobs to these Third World countries, so when that chicken comes home to roost, he's not the guy to complain about it. If the GOP cared about this issue, they'd have nominated Pat Buchanan in 1996. They sold out to the Multi-National Corporations instead, and now the Faustian Bargain has come due.

The Bush tax cuts are a major part of the current debt.

chart-of-the-day-bush-policies-deficits-june-2010.gif

chart_620_deficit_120319.jpg

(CBS News) The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency.

The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office.

The latest posting from the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department shows the National Debt now stands at $15.566 trillion. It was $10.626 trillion on President Bush's last day in office, which coincided with President Obama's first day.

The National Debt also now exceeds 100% of the nation's Gross Domestic Product, the total value of goods and services.

Mr. Obama has been quick to blame his predecessor for the soaring Debt, saying Mr. Bush paid for two wars and a Medicare prescription drug program with borrowed funds.

The federal budget sent to Congress last month by Mr. Obama, projects the National Debt will continue to rise as far as the eye can see. The budget shows the Debt hitting $16.3 trillion in 2012, $17.5 trillion in 2013 and $25.9 trillion in 2022.

Federal budget records show the National Debt once topped 121% of GDP at the end of World War II. The Debt that year, 1946, was, by today's standards, a mere $270 billion dollars.

Mr. Obama doesn't mention the National Debt much, though he does want to be seen trying to reduce the annual budget deficit, though it's topped a trillion dollars for four years now.

As part of his "Win the Future" program, Mr. Obama called for "taking responsibility for our deficits, by cutting wasteful, excessive spending wherever we find it."

His latest budget projects a $1.3 trillion deficit this year declining to $901 billion in 2012, and then annual deficits in the range of $500 billion to $700 billion in the 10 years to come.

If Mr. Obama wins re-election, and his budget projections prove accurate, the National Debt will top $20 trillion in 2016, the final year of his second term. That would mean the Debt increased by 87 percent, or $9.34 trillion, during his two terms.

Ezra Klein recently posted a New York Times graphic supporting his view that the deficit is primarily the fault of former President Bush and his predecessors, rather than President Obama. Interestingly, he makes no attempt to claim that Obama’s policies have reduced the deficit, just that Obama’s deficit increases were smaller than Bush’s.

Leave aside for a moment the fact that Bush’s entire eight-year record is being compared to policies enacted during Obama’s first two and a half years. The fundamental flaw in the New York Times graphic is that it assumes that a president’s fiscal policy is confined to “new” policies enacted under his watch. Every year, the president proposes a budget that contains a mix of new policies and old policies. The result is a comprehensive vision of what federal tax and spending policy ought to be. A president who simply continues the fiscal policy he inherits must bear his share of responsibility for its consequences.

A prime example of this is the “Bush tax cuts,” which the New York Times graphic charges solely to President Bush, conveniently ignoring the fact that President Obama supports making most of the cuts permanent and signed into law a two-year extension of all of them. President Bush also signed a new Medicare drug benefit into law. But President Obama didn’t repeal this new spending, he expanded it.

Below is a graphic that focuses on the results of fiscal policy, not simply on adjustments made on the margins of fiscal policy. If anything, the analysis is overly generous to President Obama because: (1) it assigns full responsibility for Fiscal Year 2009 to President Bush, despite the enactment by Obama of the stimulus, higher domestic appropriations and an expansion of TARP spending during that year; and (2) it gives Obama credit for the policies he intends to enact for the rest of his presidency, since we cannot judge his actual future record. The graphic compares the records of these two presidents based on the deficits, revenues and spending incurred by the federal government on their watch, expressed as a percentage of GDP.

Read more:

I couldn't care less what Invisible Sky Man you follow because you can't deal with death.

yea you do or else you would not have mentioned it.....and i cant deal with death?....so now i suppose you are going to tell me how YOU can right?.......and Joe why dont you shut the fuck up......you have done nothing since you have joined but prove what a stupid fucking opinionated asshole you are....

Oh, no, I make no pretentions about dealing with death. When you die, you are no more. When someone you love dies, they are no more and you will never see them again.

That's just what it is. It's sad and unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Unfortunately, we have these assholes called "ministers" and "priests" and "bishops" who sell fairy stories about how you will be reunited with all your loved one AND your childhood dogs.

As long as you let them run your lives and give them money. Their invisible sky man always needs money.

Frankly, if I had a friend who always needed money and was trying to pass judgement on my life all the time, I'd show that asshole the door with my size 10 1/2W boot!

Says the high priest of the faith of atheism.

chart_620_deficit_120319.jpg

(CBS News) The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency.

The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office.

The latest posting from the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department shows the National Debt now stands at $15.566 trillion. It was $10.626 trillion on President Bush's last day in office, which coincided with President Obama's first day.

The National Debt also now exceeds 100% of the nation's Gross Domestic Product, the total value of goods and services.

Mr. Obama has been quick to blame his predecessor for the soaring Debt, saying Mr. Bush paid for two wars and a Medicare prescription drug program with borrowed funds.

The federal budget sent to Congress last month by Mr. Obama, projects the National Debt will continue to rise as far as the eye can see. The budget shows the Debt hitting $16.3 trillion in 2012, $17.5 trillion in 2013 and $25.9 trillion in 2022.

Federal budget records show the National Debt once topped 121% of GDP at the end of World War II. The Debt that year, 1946, was, by today's standards, a mere $270 billion dollars.

Mr. Obama doesn't mention the National Debt much, though he does want to be seen trying to reduce the annual budget deficit, though it's topped a trillion dollars for four years now.

As part of his "Win the Future" program, Mr. Obama called for "taking responsibility for our deficits, by cutting wasteful, excessive spending wherever we find it."

His latest budget projects a $1.3 trillion deficit this year declining to $901 billion in 2012, and then annual deficits in the range of $500 billion to $700 billion in the 10 years to come.

If Mr. Obama wins re-election, and his budget projections prove accurate, the National Debt will top $20 trillion in 2016, the final year of his second term. That would mean the Debt increased by 87 percent, or $9.34 trillion, during his two terms.

And what is Romney's plan to do differently?

Whadda buncha fuck ups you two are becoming, Trajan and Mudwhistle. You two sound yada yada yada just like the Far Lefties who refused to accept the growing power of the swift boating assholes.

MR handles it right today, and he is past the power curve, leaving the people he bullied of the likes such as JoeB sprawled in the dirt.

You two hurt the candidacy terribly.

People like Obama more than Mitt personally, and if you appear on the side of bullying as you do and appear to be sidestepping by dumping on Obama as you are, then you hurt the GOP chance to regain the presidency.

Actually, people didn't bully me. Most people thought I was crazy in HIgh School, and had the good sense to give me a wide berth...

I just don't see how Romney "handles it today".

Swiftboating works when the asshole involved tries to paint a fake picture of himself.

Kerry tried to use medals to whitewash over the fact he was an anti-war hippy.

Romney tries to use fake moralism to whitewash over the fact he's a self-entitled douchebag.

I warned you back during the primaries this guy was going to get in trouble for exactly this reason. (that and the crazy cult he belongs to... but why spoil that surprise when it happens)

Now it's happening, there really isn't much you can do about it, and you are whining at me because I said, "I told you so."

Well Jake.

I TOLD YOU SO!

So because he was a prankster in HS he is a a self entitled douche bag today?

Now there's some logic...

I guess because you were a psycho in HS and people avoided you, means you are a total nut case today and everyone should ignore you?

Ah, so now you admit the story is true....

Forum List

Back