🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Romney harassed homosexual

1) How many people were involved in the Kerry Swift-boating incident. Did you just take their word for it because there were so many of them?

2) If he outright denied it, then there would be lots of Obamabots like JoeB calling him an outright liar. How is he supposed to prove a negative, which would be demanded of him.

3) I agree it fits his personality... that is not proof that this happened.

Immie

1) Um, yeah, actually I did. DOn't mistake me for a kneejerk leftists, I've gotten into battle royals with the resident liberals because I think the SwiftVets were right on the money about what they were upset about.

2) Not an "Obama=bot", guy. I voted for Santorum in the primary and I voted for every GOP candidate back to Reagan in 1980. My complaint is with Romney because I think he's a horrible human being. And not surprisingly, we have a story of him acting like a horrible human being. Beating up gay kids and playing pranks on sight-impared teachers.

3) Again, I think things he did later in life, like looting AmPad to make a quick buck, were a lot worse than the pranks he played on people when he was a High-School kid. But it says a lot about his personality, doesn't it.

We all do things in HS and MS we aren't proud of because we lack the life experience to really understand teh subtlies of right and wrong.

The thing is, from what I can see, Romney's character defects have followed him well into adulthood. He's rich, he's entitled, he can abuse anyone he wants, and they'd better not bitch about it.

For once, it has been a while, I agree with you about his character, but I have to ask you (and myself) is it possible that our feelings about him are slanted by "class envy"?

I don't like the man or his opponent. I think he is exactly as you describe... rich, thinks he's entitled, abusive and what not. Then again, I despise the arrogant, and there is no doubt in my mind that he is one arrogant SOB.

Immie

Still, Romney is a Doer. Obama is a Taker.

For once, it has been a while,

I disagree with you. Both are takers.

Immie

How can Romney be expected to remember all those 'nobodies' he was forced to endure in his youth?

How can he be expected to remember an incident that never happened?

Therefore - why did he apologize?

I have been falsely accused. I would never own something that I did not recall.

His apology:

"I've seen the reports, not going to argue about that; I did some stupid things in high school. If I hurt anyone I would be very sorry for it and apologize for it."

He did a lot of things in school. Chances are some of them went too far. Easy to acknowledge.

Well, duh, have you even considered the idea that it might not have happened at all?

No, I suppose not.

Immie

Well, no, actually, never considered that at all, because

1) Five people described the incident.

2) Romney hasn't outright denied it, just claiming he "doesn't remember".

3) Frankly, it kind of fits his personality. The guy is inherently a bully.

1) How many people were involved in the Kerry Swift-boating incident. Did you just take their word for it because there were so many of them?

2) If he outright denied it, then there would be lots of Obamabots like JoeB calling him an outright liar. How is he supposed to prove a negative, which would be demanded of him.

Immie

he didn't deny it. he said he doesn't remember.... which is BS b/c of course he remembers that. and if he can't say he didn't do it, then he did. wouldn't you know if you and a pack of obnoxious rich bullies attacked someone and cut their hair?

there is proof it happened. the statement of the man he did it to.

i have no reason to disbelieve this person b/c it DOES fit with mitt's personality.

he's a bully.

His apology:

"I've seen the reports, not going to argue about that; I did some stupid things in high school. If I hurt anyone I would be very sorry for it and apologize for it."

He did a lot of things in school. Chances are some of them went too far. Easy to acknowledge.

really? no one i would associate with would have bullied someone in school. it's a character thing.

Immie

1) Um, yeah, actually I did. DOn't mistake me for a kneejerk leftists, I've gotten into battle royals with the resident liberals because I think the SwiftVets were right on the money about what they were upset about.

2) Not an "Obama=bot", guy. I voted for Santorum in the primary and I voted for every GOP candidate back to Reagan in 1980. My complaint is with Romney because I think he's a horrible human being. And not surprisingly, we have a story of him acting like a horrible human being. Beating up gay kids and playing pranks on sight-impared teachers.

3) Again, I think things he did later in life, like looting AmPad to make a quick buck, were a lot worse than the pranks he played on people when he was a High-School kid. But it says a lot about his personality, doesn't it.

1) So you are willing to take the word of a mob for any reason. I'm certain the victims of the Salem Witch hunts would love to have you in their corner.

Immie

How can Romney be expected to remember all those 'nobodies' he was forced to endure in his youth?

According to the article:
[Romney]apologized for pranks he helped orchestrate that he said “might have gone too far.”
He did not apologize for the incident in question.

I definitely disagree with your statement about Obama being a boy coward over that story. He was a middle school boy who didn't like being teased by his friends about the girl that was chasing him around the playground. His friends were teasing him and he proved them wrong.

Don't even try to tell me something like that didn't happen in your life!

I would not be surprised if she wasn't his "first kiss" later when things were quiet.

As for kids rejecting homosexuals, most teen-aged boys (when I was that age) were scared to death of being considered "gay". Those who weren't man enough to suck that up, had to prove to themselves and everyone else that they weren't gay by beating up the kid that everyone thought was gay. I wouldn't call that "manly".

Immie

We all do things in HS and MS we aren't proud of because we lack the life experience to really understand teh subtlies of right and wrong.

The thing is, from what I can see, Romney's character defects have followed him well into adulthood. He's rich, he's entitled, he can abuse anyone he wants, and they'd better not bitch about it.

For once, it has been a while, I agree with you about his character, but I have to ask you (and myself) is it possible that our feelings about him are slanted by "class envy"?

I don't like the man or his opponent. I think he is exactly as you describe... rich, thinks he's entitled, abusive and what not. Then again, I despise the arrogant, and there is no doubt in my mind that he is one arrogant SOB.

Immie

I don't think it's "class envy" so much as it is "douchebag behavior".

The problem with some- not all- rich people is that they truly think the fact they have more m oney makes them morally superior, which they are not.

There are a lot of Rich folks who do a lot of decent things. Then there are people who just act like douchebags. "I like to be able to fire people", "I can't have illegals here", "I bet you $10,000" .

I guess I can give Romney credit for his accomplishments if you threaten me with a dental drill, but the guy was born on third base and thought he hit a triple.

His apology:

really? no one i would associate with would have bullied someone in school. it's a character thing.

Jillian acting morally superior to young people who may have have bullied others before they matured.

Call the paramedics. I think I might die laughing.

His apology:

Jillian acting morally superior to young people who may have have bullied others before they matured.

Call the paramedics. I think I might die laughing.

Here's hopin', bullypuppet! :lol:

tumblr_luietxCctb1r59i9yo1_500.jpg

Jillian is a bully, Valerie. It is what it is.

High school kids messing around versus her adult activities .... hmmmm .... her moralizing is a joke.

Jillian is a bully, Valerie. It is what it is.

High school kids messing around versus her adult activities .... hmmmm .... her moralizing is a joke.

Some of us never hurt anybody is High School and some of us don't operate within some phony e-paradigm of morality either... :thup:

That's nothing. Obama used to hang out with a guy who bombed the Pentagon.

And he was an adult at the time not a high school boy...

I can just see the W.H. in their desperation to make this a story... "OK Biden you go out first and say how you support gay marriage". "Let's time this with the N.C. vote" "After the vote the president will come out in a lukewarm support of gay marriage, while affirming it as a states right issue ... then we'll leak the high school antics of Romney from 1965"

Yeah Obama is a running all skeered like :rofl:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back