🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Romney harassed homosexual

Use a little common-sense. Your kid goes to school one day with long hair and comes home with a terrible haircut. I'd be pressing charges, especially if I could afford to send him to a prep-school.

You can bet if Romney had done that they would remember it.

In boarding school?

Back then, gays were encouraged to suck it up. Complaining would never do any good. After all.......gays are "asking for it"

Far as they knew....way back then he wasn't gay.

Wasn't this because he had long hair????

Get your story straight.

In 1965 almost no one was gay. It was the days of the Big Closet. The ones who had long hair weren't gay, they were long haired hippie types. No one thought about "gay". They did think anti war protests and student wierdos. That was 1965. If some guy was gay, he absolutely positively would not be bleaching his long hair. People learned that there were homosexuals when someone sat them down and told them, explained it to them. When Romney said it never occurred to him in 1965, that someone he knew might be gay he was absolutely correct. Gays were put in the closet if they didn't go voluntarily.

This is a consequence of taking present day opinions and circumstances and imposing them on a time that was very very different.

Another quote from the original:

Sometime in the mid-1990s, David Seed noticed a familiar face at the end of a bar at Chicago O’Hare International Airport.

“Hey, you’re John Lauber,” Seed recalled saying at the start of a brief conversation. Seed, also among those who witnessed the Romney-led incident, had gone on to a career as a teacher and principal. Now he had something to get off his chest.

“I’m sorry that I didn’t do more to help in the situation,” he said.

Lauber paused, then responded, “It was horrible.” He went on to explain how frightened he was during the incident, and acknowledged to Seed, “It’s something I have thought about a lot since then.”

Even obama's personal crowd didn't go so far as to say Romney beat up anyone. He is alleged to have cut the hair of a long hair hippie type in 1965. The person alleged to be an eye witness never heard of it until asked by the Washington Post and all the other witnesses are hard left democrats with one working for obama. This is as true as the alleged affair John McCain had.

What does it say about a man whose chief transgression was giving a haircut, getting a ticket and dated a few girls before he married? A LOT. We haven't had a man that squeaky clean for decades.

Meanwhile, we have an admitted drug addict whose best friends are communists and terrorists as president right now. We're on the cusp of returning to the days when character was king.

Yeah, Okay..

Signs of why the GOP has completely lost its way..

Being a homophobic bully who fires people is "character".

:lame2:

As Dan Rather would say........"Even if it's false it's still a great story".

Yet its not false

Oh my goodness!

What does Judy Shepard know about the incident? Why is she weighing in on this? Why is she getting any print on this at all?

Judy Shepard, whose son was murdered for being gay, blasted Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney for allegedly harassing prep school classmates he judged to be too effeminate.

“While this may seem like an innocent prank to some, it was an act of torment against a child for being different,” Shepard said. Her son Matthew was kidnapped and brutally murdered in 1998. “We expect the people we elect to be leaders in the charge against bullying so that all students are afforded the right to learn and grow in an environment free of fear. This incident calls into question whether Mitt Romney can be an advocate for the nation’s most vulnerable children.”

I can surely understand the torment that she has suffered through, but she has no knowledge of what transpired between Mitt Romney and Ron? Lauber. This article is bullshit and should not be given a damned bit of credibility.

Immie

Think Progress wouldn't lie.

Even if they are funded by George Soros through Center For American Progress under John Podesta, along with Van Jones and all of the usual suspects. They are an unofficial braintrust for Barrack H. Obama.

All of the folks that got bounced out of the White House ended up there.

Now that's no lie.

There are live source links for the mentally challenged.

So if we're going back to 1965 then my LBJ quote is topical, right?

Here's the funny thing about your "LBJ" quotes. LBJ advanced civil rights in this country for black people despite the objections of people like Barry Goldwater. I doubt LBJ was a racist. But he had some really salty talking going on. But even if he was a racist..the policies he put into place did a world of good for black people.

Unlike Reagan and/or George HW. Bush and son. Who pretty much weren't personally racist..but they sure acted like they were in the public sphere.

i seen Bush the younger pick up little black kids in a crowd and hug them.....i deliver to a black guy who cant stand Bush but even he said Bush has proved to him he aint no bigot.....

Even if they are funded by George Soros through Center For American Progress under John Podesta, along with Van Jones and all of the usual suspects. They are an unofficial braintrust for Barrack H. Obama.

Now that's no lie.

Must be why you're using Think Progress as a source.

What Romney the Teenager Says About Romney the Man

By Kevin Drum

Yesterday I wrote that although Mitt Romney's teenage "pranks" are, by current standards, fair game for journalists, "pretending that this makes him an anti-gay bully today isn't. He's got decades of adult experiences that tell us what kind of man he's become."

I still believe that, but the more I think about exactly that point — focusing on Romney's actions right now, not his actions 50 years ago — the more disturbing the whole Lauber affair becomes. Lots of teenage boys bully classmates, and in the mid-60s it was equally common to bully kids for seeming effeminate. That doesn't tell us much about Romney the man.

But Romney the man has denied, and repeatedly denied yesterday, even remembering this incident. Sure, it was half a century ago, but he led a posse of his friends, tackled John Lauber in a hallway, dragged him into a bathroom, and then chopped off his hair while he struggled in terror. Even if you grant that this kind of extreme behavior was more common in a 1960s prep school than it is today, it's really not the kind of thing you'd forget.

At least, you shouldn't. So either Romney has done this kind of thing so often that the Lauber incident just blends into all the others, which suggests a far more vicious childhood than he's owned up to, or else he remembers it just fine and is simply lying about it.

My guess is the latter. And that's depressing, as much for what it says about modern politics as for what it says about Romney. Because, really, what would be the harm of just talking about this? Fess up, acknowledge that you remember the incident, explain that you feel terrible about it, maybe even draw some gauzy lessons about tolerance for the View set, etc.? But for some reason Romney is too politically insecure to do that. He's obviously afraid that he'd pay some terrible price. Afraid that it would make him seem weak. That speaks badly for him, and badly for American politics.

What Romney the Teenager Says About Romney the Man | Mother Jones

Now that's no lie.

Must be why you're using Think Progress as a source.

You mean because they back up their stories with facts and sources? Damn straight, Jack.

The family of this Gay Mitt Romney is being accused of harassing told anyone who tries to use their son as a political tool does so against their wishes.

At least the family has some friggen class.

I can't say the same for Obama and his henchmen.

On tv now, Ronald B. Scott, author of "Mitt Romney", said convenient memory loss is a trick Mitt often uses, and that Mitt doesnt see that as a problem. He said Mitt believes that his welth and position sets him above the rest of us. we've certainly seen that superiority when Mitt makes fun of the very people who say they will vote for him.

Interestingly, Liberty Univ, where Mitt is speaking tomorrow, teaches a course that identifies Mormonism as a cult.

Forum List

Back