Romney,McCain speak out

eddiew

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
All of a sudden they got smart
If you needed any further evidence that this is a Republican primary without precedent, you got it on Thursday as the last two party nominees for president united in opposition to current frontrunner Donald Trump.

The fireworks began at the University of Utah, where 2012 nominee Mitt Romney dedicated a blistering, 20-minute assault on the real estate mogul. “He’s playing the American public for suckers,” Romney said. “He has neither the temperament nor the judgment to be president.”

Romney, who expressed interest in running this year before ultimately deciding that Jeb Bush and others had already shored up too much of the donor base, was uncompromising in his systematic takedown of Trump. Drawing on a quote from John Adams, Romney insinuated that a President Trump could lead to nothing less than the “suicide” of American democracy. He referred to Trump as a “fraud,” a “phony,” and a man whose hallmark was “dishonesty.”

He said that it was a mistake to believe that Trump was a successful businessman. “His bankruptcies have crushed small businesses and the men and women who worked for them,” Romney said. “He inherited his business, he didn’t create it. And whatever happened to Trump Airlines? How about Trump University? And then there’s Trump Magazine and Trump Vodka and Trump Steaks, and Trump mortgage? A business genius he is not.”

Referring to a 1997 interview Trump did on the Howard Stern show, where Trump joked that surviving the 1970s without getting an STD could be likened to his own “personal Vietnam,” Romney said, “There is dark irony in his boasts of his sexual exploits during the Vietnam War while John McCain, whom he has mocked, was imprisoned and tortured.”

McCain, who led the Republican Party in the battle against Barack Obama in 2008, was quick to agree with Romney’s assessment of Trump.

“I share the concerns about Donald Trump that my friend and former Republican nominee, Mitt Romney, described in his speech today,” said McCain. “I would also echo the many concerns about Mr. Trump’s uninformed and indeed dangerous statements on national security issues that have been raised by 65 Republican defense and foreign policy leaders.”

Neither Romney nor McCain went as far as to endorse another candidate, however. In fact, Romney’s speech seemed to indicate a strategy that involved keeping Trump away from the 1,237 delegates he needs to win the nomination using any means necessary. He called on voters to support whichever candidate had the best shot at beating him in any given state, a strategy that would likely lead to a contested convention in July. At that point, party officials could potentially award the nomination to literally anyone they wanted.

It’s not the first time that plan has been floated, but the drawbacks – even for those who despise Trump – are obvious. Republicans may not be thrilled with their frontrunner, but it would be suicidal to openly thwart the will of the voters. Even if Trump did not mount an independent run, his stalwart supporters may refuse to vote for a nominee crowned by the establishment. A Democratic victory in November would be nearly inevitable.

F

- See more at: PatriotNewsDaily.com » Prior Republican Nominees Unite Against Trump - See more at: PatriotNewsDaily.com » Prior Republican Nominees Unite Against Trump - See more at: PatriotNewsDaily.com » Prior Republican Nominees Unite Against Trump

Bwahahahaha! Two RINO losers warning Republicans about TRUMP.

omg coffee just shot out my nose.

:lol:

Well Carly was McCain's girl in the race so odds are the establishment is going to swing to Cruz because they know he can't beat Hillary. And they will do anything to stop the one man who can.

Oh and Megan McCain has now come out for Cruz. So it's very obvious where this is going.

I would say the majority of democrats are against Trump, why would these two be different?

I would say the majority of people with a brain are too, so .... apparently these guys each have one.

I mean it doesn't exactly take a bucketfull of synapse sweat --- these guys are just playing Captain Obvious. Which one would think should be unnecessary.

If you needed any further evidence that this is a Republican primary without precedent, you got it on Thursday as the last two party nominees for president united in opposition to current frontrunner Donald Trump.

The fireworks began at the University of Utah, where 2012 nominee Mitt Romney dedicated a blistering, 20-minute assault on the real estate mogul. “He’s playing the American public for suckers,” Romney said. “He has neither the temperament nor the judgment to be president.”

Romney, who expressed interest in running this year before ultimately deciding that Jeb Bush and others had already shored up too much of the donor base, was uncompromising in his systematic takedown of Trump. Drawing on a quote from John Adams, Romney insinuated that a President Trump could lead to nothing less than the “suicide” of American democracy. He referred to Trump as a “fraud,” a “phony,” and a man whose hallmark was “dishonesty.”

He said that it was a mistake to believe that Trump was a successful businessman. “His bankruptcies have crushed small businesses and the men and women who worked for them,” Romney said. “He inherited his business, he didn’t create it. And whatever happened to Trump Airlines? How about Trump University? And then there’s Trump Magazine and Trump Vodka and Trump Steaks, and Trump mortgage? A business genius he is not.”

Referring to a 1997 interview Trump did on the Howard Stern show, where Trump joked that surviving the 1970s without getting an STD could be likened to his own “personal Vietnam,” Romney said, “There is dark irony in his boasts of his sexual exploits during the Vietnam War while John McCain, whom he has mocked, was imprisoned and tortured.”

McCain, who led the Republican Party in the battle against Barack Obama in 2008, was quick to agree with Romney’s assessment of Trump.

“I share the concerns about Donald Trump that my friend and former Republican nominee, Mitt Romney, described in his speech today,” said McCain. “I would also echo the many concerns about Mr. Trump’s uninformed and indeed dangerous statements on national security issues that have been raised by 65 Republican defense and foreign policy leaders.”

Neither Romney nor McCain went as far as to endorse another candidate, however. In fact, Romney’s speech seemed to indicate a strategy that involved keeping Trump away from the 1,237 delegates he needs to win the nomination using any means necessary. He called on voters to support whichever candidate had the best shot at beating him in any given state, a strategy that would likely lead to a contested convention in July. At that point, party officials could potentially award the nomination to literally anyone they wanted.

It’s not the first time that plan has been floated, but the drawbacks – even for those who despise Trump – are obvious. Republicans may not be thrilled with their frontrunner, but it would be suicidal to openly thwart the will of the voters. Even if Trump did not mount an independent run, his stalwart supporters may refuse to vote for a nominee crowned by the establishment. A Democratic victory in November would be nearly inevitable.

F

- See more at: PatriotNewsDaily.com » Prior Republican Nominees Unite Against Trump - See more at: PatriotNewsDaily.com » Prior Republican Nominees Unite Against Trump - See more at: PatriotNewsDaily.com » Prior Republican Nominees Unite Against Trump

Oh this is choice. McCain backed the coup in the Ukraine. Backed the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and to top it off he made sure that the MB in Syria were allowed to funnel weapons to the mercenaries errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr terrorists eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee rebels! The elusive moderate rebels.

I can't wait till Mr. Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran fades into this good night.

I'm betting you were 100% behind these "two RHINOS" and heaped praise on them every chance you got when they were running for president.

All those blue collar Democrats that are resigning from the Democratic Party in every state and election has been held, are they so much Trump supporters or simply fed up with the Democratic Party and can't hold their noses to vote for Hillary?

I'm betting you were 100% behind these "two RHINOS" and heaped praise on them every chance you got when they were running for president.

Hell no. Romney ran the worst campaign ever. Second to only McCain's. I backed them only because I believed Obama would swing uber hard left when he seized power which he did.

F

One thing that I have always found fascinating about a Trump Supporter. Donald Trump knows how important the Latino vote is for the Republican nominee to winning the White House, but apparently his supporters don't. Trump blasted Republicans in 2012 for losing, citing it was because they were too mean spirited toward illegals. He's right!The debate platform in 2012 was loaded with anti-immigration talk and deportation also.
2012 FLASHBACK: Donald Trump Said GOP Was Too ‘Mean-Spirited’ Towards Illegal Immigrants
Trump supported path to citizenship, said Romney was "mean-spirited" on immigration | RedState

The last Republican to win was G.W. Bush, he captured 44% of this block, Romney lost by only getting 27%.

This year the Republican nominee needs 46% of this block to win the White House. Trump is polling at an historic 80 % with Latino's. Even Republican Latino voters stated months ago they wouldn't support a Trump nominee. Latino voters represent 17% of the population or 23 million voters are now solidly in Hillary Clinton's column.
GOP Win Will Need More Than 40 Percent Of Latino 2016 Vote, Says Study
Latino conservatives: If Donald Trump is the nominee, we will not work to elect him
Poll: 75% of Latinos Have Negative View of Donald Trump

So a question for you Trump supporters: What candidate goes into a race to win an election, and does the exact opposite of what he said went wrong with an election just 3-1/2 years prior? Is this a candidate that is trying to win an election, or rather a candidate that is trying to drive it into someone else's lap?

Maybe a lot of you should consider what that phone call was about between Donald Trump & Bill Clinton, just prior to Trump announcing his candidacy.

Clinton1web_2831249b.jpg

All those blue collar Democrats that are resigning from the Democratic Party in every state and election has been held, are they so much Trump supporters or simply fed up with the Democratic Party and can't hold their noses to vote for Hillary?

Neither. They are temporarily changing affiliation to vote for trump in the primaries, and will vote for the Democrat in the general. You don't really think all those liberals really want to be republicans, do you?

Neither. They are temporarily changing affiliation to vote for trump in the primaries, and will vote for the Democrat in the general. You don't really think all those liberals really want to be republicans, do you?

Yes I do. In fact, I know a few who have actually joined the Republican Party. A lot of them believe Hillary is a liar and can't be trusted.

Forum List

Back