Romney-Obama Debate Thread

Closing loopholes won't do anything on a large enough scale unless you're talking about widely accepted deductions as "loopholes".

I'm not interested in deductions. I'm talking baseline spending cuts. Neither candidate is interested in that.

Romney said he would cut PBS. Theres about $0.03 you and I can keep out of our tax bill.

Cutting PBS isn't a baseline cut, and we wouldn't be able to keep anything.

Ahh here we go...Obama is STILL blaming Bush. Obama doubled the deficit. Doubled government spending. Has experienced a devastating 8% unemployment rate and less than 2% annualized GDP growth during HIS administration....And he STILL is blaming Bush.
Obama did not double the deficit, that is a flat out lie....the deficit was 1.4 trillion when he took over and it is now 1.5 trillion....

if he doubled the deficit left him it would have to be 2.8 trillion a year deficit.So it is a lie lie lie and lie to say he doubled the deficit.

Closing loopholes won't do anything on a large enough scale unless you're talking about widely accepted deductions as "loopholes".

I'm not interested in deductions. I'm talking baseline spending cuts. Neither candidate is interested in that.

Unfortunately.....agreed.

That's why this "debate" is pointless. We might as well just ask how much each candidate wants to increase spending by, and what they want to increase the spending on.

Same campain speeech in a debate...obama looks like whiney lil bitch....the brothers must be face palming bout now.

Why does Romney keep saying he's going to cut taxes, but he's not going to cut taxes?

He keeps saying he'll lower the rates, but then close loopholes so he gets the same amount of revenue.

Oil companies get $4 billion a year in subsidies.....Corp jets...Here comes the class warfare shit...
$4 billion.....That is 0.01% of the total federal budget...Ahh the personal anecdote.
The federal government has no business funding local public schools.
Romney has already said his tax plan DOES NOT have a $5 trillion cut. But Obama keeps talking about it.

OMG.. The moderator is trying to help Obama because he's flailing.

Those who want Romney to win will see the debate as a Romney win. Obama suporters will discern an Obama victory. People see what they want to see.

My impression is that both are doing wll. Romney is actually doing better than i thought he would.

Flailing??????

Forum List

Back