Romney puts out new ad slamming Obama's "You didn't build that!" It's great!

The part in bold is basically my point.

Nobody does anything without help of some kind, which is Obama's point. But as Romney said, having those things doesn't promise a successful business either.

So they're both correct in a way.

Obama is NOT right!

Entenpreners have been making sucesses of themselves in this country BEFORE THOSE ROADS AND BRIDGES.

And it if weren't for their inovations THOSE ROADS AND BRIDGES WOULDN'T EXIST!

You think government came up with the idea?

Even with the internet, it started as a military project. That part of government Obama loathes as much as Bill Clinton!

Yeah, in fact some of the first highly lucrative businesses were the ones that built the first interstate transportation systems, the railroads. :thup:

aND GUESS WHAT! Those railroads were built BY PRIVATE ENTERPRISE!

People who saw a market in moving people.

By the 1840s, the ultimate form of the nineteenth-century American railroad was beginning to emerge. Many lines had started out as government-assisted works or as joint ventures between local governments and private investors. It soon became apparent that there was so much money to be made in railroading that the private sector could go it alone.
HowStuffWorks "The Early Railroad Industry"

And it wasn't until government was pushed out that the move to make a rail that went from one end of the country to the other, really began.

But it was an answer to a market that entenpreneurs saw and too advantage of.

So, you are DEAD WRONG AGAIN!

The U.S. government itself was an innovation created out of necessity, just like anything else great that has been created. People fled England's oppressive government rule and conceived a better, more limited government and then actually carried it out, fighting a war to make it happen no less. It's really no different than a person or people coming up with an idea for a great new product or service then working to make it happen, perhaps fighting off stuff competition in the marketplace in the process.

Anyone care to give credit to England's government for allowing our founders to make this happen?

Credit? No, but to pretend that it didn't pave the way for is kinda stupid.

Lying about what Obama said and chopping up his quotes to do so is dishonest

I INCLUDED THE YOUTUBE VIDEO OF IT. Show me where it's chopped up!

I'll show you, who's dishonest. Liberals still claiming this speech by Obama was taken out of context!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obama is NOT right!

Entenpreners have been making sucesses of themselves in this country BEFORE THOSE ROADS AND BRIDGES.

And it if weren't for their inovations THOSE ROADS AND BRIDGES WOULDN'T EXIST!

You think government came up with the idea?

Even with the internet, it started as a military project. That part of government Obama loathes as much as Bill Clinton!

Yeah, in fact some of the first highly lucrative businesses were the ones that built the first interstate transportation systems, the railroads. :thup:

By the 1840s, the ultimate form of the nineteenth-century American railroad was beginning to emerge. Many lines had started out as government-assisted works or as joint ventures between local governments and private investors. It soon became apparent that there was so much money to be made in railroading that the private sector could go it alone.

And it wasn't until government was pushed out that the move to make a rail that went from one end of the country to the other, really began.

Pacific Railroad Acts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Early indications place that in the false category.

I love the liberals that are so arrogant and condescending they claim they aren't partisan. It's just EVERYONE ELSE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM WHO IS PARTISAN!

And then he thinks he fools people!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's an abstract concept for most of you, I understand. :thup:

I love when people who claim they are not liberals, ARGUE LIKE LIBERALS!

And here you have it. When nailed, they claim some higher "intelligence" insult you and run away.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What is a real job? Governor of MA, Mormon Recruiter, Investor with no skin in the game? Retiree still pulling down $21 Million per annum of other peoples money?

Better than THE ONLY JOB HE HAS HAD IS COMMUNITY ORGANIZER!

Buddy, you lost on that one!

I think he was a Senator at one point also. Sorry to hurt your narrative.

And that's in the private sector?

Sorry to hurt your brain!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Who's pretending it didn't pave the way for it? Our founders didn't like the oppressive government they were living under so they created something better. Trying to give any credit to an entity that's oppressive, harmful, obstructionist, whatever if just stupid. That would be a motivation. It's not like England's government was oppressive for the sole purpose of trying to get some of it's people to rebel against them.

Last edited:
The U.S. government itself was an innovation created out of necessity, just like anything else great that has been created. People fled England's oppressive government rule and conceived a better, more limited government and then actually carried it out, fighting a war to make it happen no less. It's really no different than a person or people coming up with an idea for a great new product or service then working to make it happen, perhaps fighting off stuff competition in the marketplace in the process.

Anyone care to give credit to England's government for allowing our founders to make this happen?

I think I see who's kind of stupid.

That's like saying The Roman Empire "paved the way" for Christianity, when they did everything they could to try and EXTERMINATE IT!

The British did not "pave the way" for this country. They tried to stop it!

It was Americans who fought and died for what they believed that paved the way for this country.

You sound more stupid as you go along trying to justify your nonsense!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love the liberals that are so arrogant and condescending they claim they aren't partisan. It's just EVERYONE ELSE WHO DISAGREES WITH HIM WHO IS PARTISAN!

And then he thinks he fools people!

It's an abstract concept for most of you, I understand. :thup:

I love when people who claim they are not liberals, ARGUE LIKE LIBERALS!

And here you have it. When nailed, they claim some higher "intelligence" insult you and run away.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hate it when TPS tries to make points with vapid strawmen like 'how a liberal argues'. :thup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFK2_D3aBXo]President Obama: If you've got a business -- you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen - YouTube[/ame]

where is the part that appears at arround second 42 where he talks about roads and bridges?

These Hands - YouTube

Romney also did something with four small business owners, and one of them put it best:

"If roads, bridges, and sidewalks were the reason my business is a success, then ALL Businesses would be a success, because they all have road, bridges, and sidewalks."

But that isn't the case. It's hard WORK and risk that makes a business a success.

Obama who hasn't had a real job in his LIFE, sits in judgement of those who do? And he's backed up by union thugs who have never worked in the private sector IN THEIR LIVES!

I love it! It's about time Romney got a clue about who Obama is and started fighting back!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

this bag of lies left that part out huh

All that says is Congress wanted this railroad too and passed laws to allow GRANTS OF LAND.

It does not say they BUILT IT!

A business needs land and/or zoning to build a business? YOU DON'T SAY!

That hardly means government did it for them. That's called a business working WITHIN THE LAW!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think I see who's kind of stupid.

That's like saying The Roman Empire "paved the way" for Christianity, when they did everything they could to try and EXTERMINATE IT!

The British did not "pave the way" for this country. They tried to stop it!

It was Americans who fought and died for what they believed that paved the way for this country.

You sound more stupid as you go along trying to justify your nonsense!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's cause and effect tard, all the emoticons in the world can't hide your penchant for stupidity.

Tell me how it would've worked if the colonies were allowed to live here for little to no taxation and were allowed to prosper with N American resources.

When would the revolution occurred, since you're sure it would have.

All that says is Congress wanted this railroad too and passed laws to allow GRANTS OF LAND.

It does not say they BUILT IT!

A business needs land and/or zoning to build a business? YOU DON'T SAY!

That hardly means government did it for them. That's called a business working WITHIN THE LAW!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

that promoted the construction of the transcontinental railroad in the United States through authorizing the issuance of government bonds and the grants of land to railroad companies.

:lol:

Forum List

Back