Romney's Mormon Patriotism: 5 Privileged Sons and No Volunteers?

Marriage should be a private religious rite and not defined by any religion.

Civil unions should be open to all atheists and religionists and whatever.

If atheists don't like it, they don't count anyway.

Except when we go to court and beat the silly asses off the religious folks and their attempts to march their superstitions onto the public square... Fact is, Gay marriage in inevitable, and in addition to being remembered as a loser, Romney will be remembered as the George Wallace of Gay Rights.

Fact is . . . civil religion will always dominate the public square regardless of court rulings. I do agree that universal marriage is inevitable, and I believe that marriage will be relegated to the domain of religion and legal relationships will be become that of civil unions.

So essentially, you're cool with George Wallace burning down the Country Club rather than let the black people in...

Got it.

Sorry, man, not only will gay marriage be called marriage, but in a few decades, most of the Churches will be preforming them and trying to pretend they had nothing to do with the ugly stuff we are seeing now.

You are far closer to George Wallace with your hatred of Mormonism.

And how you got to black people etc merely reflects your scattered, ineffective thinking.

The civil ceremonies, state by state, will be called civil unions and marriage will belong to the churches.

That's the way it will be, and no one really cares about a fuddled atheist crying in the dark.

Back to the OP, isn't the Morman faith supposed to be pacivists? I believe that's right. So the fact that his sons haven't been in the military, is them simply following their faith.
Nope. You are probably confusing them with the Amish.
Yep and Nope. JoeB is partially correct. Mormons through 1900 had little use for the US might and particularly that of the military. The RLDS, now the Community of Christ, have had a strong strain of pacifism for 150 years. The LDS supported the drafts of WWI and WWII, and in the last century have become the patriotic Americans of America.

It's a little worse than that. The LDS had as part of their top secret Temple Oath a vow of revenge against the US.

Oath of vengeance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"You and each of you do covenant and promise that you will pray and never cease to pray to Almighty God to avenge the blood of the prophets upon this nation, and that you will teach the same to your children and to your children's children unto the third and fourth generation."[2]

Now, it's true, the LDS have been working very hard to mainstream themselves. Which is how I met a bunch of Not In the Least Bit Creepy as Shit Mormons when I was in College ROTC.

But seriously, with stuff like that in their history, you can see why Romney doesn't even want to say the word "MOrmon" out loud.

Yep and Nope. JoeB is partially correct. Mormons through 1900 had little use for the US might and particularly that of the military. The RLDS, now the Community of Christ, have had a strong strain of pacifism for 150 years. The LDS supported the drafts of WWI and WWII, and in the last century have become the patriotic Americans of America.

It's a little worse than that. The LDS had as part of their top secret Temple Oath a vow of revenge against the US.

"You and each of you do covenant and promise that you will pray and never cease to pray to Almighty God to avenge the blood of the prophets upon this nation, and that you will teach the same to your children and to your children's children unto the third and fourth generation."[2]

Now, it's true, the LDS have been working very hard to mainstream themselves. Which is how I met a bunch of Not In the Least Bit Creepy as Shit Mormons when I was in College ROTC.

But seriously, with stuff like that in their history, you can see why Romney doesn't even want to say the word "MOrmon" out loud.

And the oath was taken out some time ago. You see, Mormonism has become mainstream in America, but atheism never will be.

You are far closer to George Wallace with your hatred of Mormonism.

And how you got to black people etc merely reflects your scattered, ineffective thinking.

The civil ceremonies, state by state, will be called civil unions and marriage will belong to the churches.

That's the way it will be, and no one really cares about a fuddled atheist crying in the dark.

Atheism is the future, man. As science regulates the Sky Pixie to less and less of the world, soon he won't even be a cute story to tell your kids.

Sorry, I don't consider a criticism of a choice (Mormonism) to be as bad as hatred of sexual orienation.

Gays didn't ask to be gay. They didn't ask to be abused by assholes, rejected by their family and made the butt of every cheap gag out there.

Mormons, on the other hand, work very hard all their lives to keep believing ridiculous stuff. They actually have to make an effort.

And the oath was taken out some time ago. You see, Mormonism has become mainstream in America, but atheism never will be.

The very fact it was in there at all says a lot, doesn't it?

And we'll have an atheist president before we have a Mormon one... that is if we don't have one now, which we probably do.

Atheism is the on the ash heap of history. Only 1 of the 7 Americans who do not affiliate with a religion call themselves atheists. That average has been slumping for atheists. And your foolishness is that you believe you can prove, without philosophical evidence or empirical data, you are right. You have the faith of a religious believer.

[The very fact it was in there at all says a lot, doesn't it?

And we'll have an atheist president before we have a Mormon one... that is if we don't have one now, which we probably do.

Not at all. You said yourself the Mormons are mainstream, and your last statement is as good a proof of your delusional atheism as has ever been posted on the board.

Atheism is the on the ash heap of history. Only 1 of the 7 Americans who do not affiliate with a religion call themselves atheists. That average has been slumping for atheists. And your foolishness is that you believe you can prove, without philosophical evidence or empirical data, you are right. You have the faith of a religious believer.

I have a very simple way to prove there's no God.

I thow a member of any religion off the top of the Sears Tower.

If God catches you on the way down, I totally convert to your religion and sign over all my worldly goods. Yup. I'll even do this for Mormonism.

If he doesn't... No God.

Pretty simple test. Sounds totally fair to me.

Any takers? :eusa_whistle:

That's no verifiable test whatsoever. Give us empirical data or philosophical argument that God does not exist. You can't, and thus you believe in the faith of atheism.

[The very fact it was in there at all says a lot, doesn't it?

Not at all. You said yourself the Mormons are mainstream, and your last statement is as good a proof of your delusional atheism as has ever been posted on the board.

I've said that they've been "mainstreaming" themselves, not that they are mainstream.

In short, they are hiding all the weird shit from public view so normal people don't go, "Oh, shit, Really".

They don't pull out the crazy stuff until they've fully hooked some young, unsuspecting person into their cult. Like Poor Ann Romney.

But it's still Crazy.

Same thing, JoeB. All that stuff is out there for anybody to see about their history. There is no "crazy stuff" anymore than the silly New Age and crystal and atheist moonbeam nonsense.

Same thing, JoeB. All that stuff is out there for anybody to see about their history. There is no "crazy stuff" anymore than the silly New Age and crystal and atheist moonbeam nonsense.

Most atheists consider "New Age" to be just as silly as "Golden Plates" and Magic Underwear.

Obviously, you don't understand what atheism is, so I can see why you are confused.

If God catches you on the way down, I totally convert to your religion and sign over all my worldly goods. Yup. I'll even do this for Mormonism.

If he doesn't... No God.

Straw man. That is not a test of the existence God.

If he doesn't... No God.

\\

my wife woud probably take that bet ...but we all know who would be jumping off the tower.

Sounds like some Mormon shit on your easter hat and you haven't gotten over it yet.

JoeB's love life was stolen by a LDS guy and he has never gotten over it.

His problem, not ours.

If he doesn't... No God.

Straw man. That is not a test of the existence God.

Of course it isn't.

It's a test of the NON-existance of God.

That's the point. If God existed, he wouldn't let members of the TRUE faith be lost like this, would he? In fact quite the contrary, it would be a way to impress the shit out of people and get them to sign up.

A hell of a lot more impressive than Tebowing, that's for sure.

If he doesn't... No God.

\\

my wife woud probably take that bet ...but we all know who would be jumping off the tower.

So you're saying your wife is more mannish than you are?

Forum List

Back