Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”

Good Lord, can you believe it? I can and I can't. So there is that. Anyone remember Jeremiah Wright?
Well you should. Obama went to Wright's church and Wright made some controversial sermons.
And guess what? The Republican's seized that opportunity to make Obama look bad.
Why in the world would anyone vote for this? If I vote (and I am not going to) I would probably chose a candidate the LIED and said they went to Church when I know they didn't.
I found this part very interesting
Conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.
I believe this. I don't believe in it, I believe the statement.

Now that you know DeSantis attends church and listens to this, has your opinion of him changed?

And YES, this is posted in the correct forum Politics "Discuss government policies and candidates..." We are discussing Ron DeSantis and the fact he listens to sermons calling for death to GAY's :smoochEE:

The pastor who delivered the invocation at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis‘s (R) second inauguration has said that gay people should be put to death.

Tom Ascol — senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Cape Coral, Florida — made his comment on Twitter while criticizing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). On Monday, Cruz issued a tweet criticizing Uganda’s new “Anti-Homosexuality Act,” a law that punishes “aggravated homosexuality” with death.

Cruz’s tweet called the law “horrific & wrong,” adding, “Any law criminalizing homosexuality or imposing the death penalty for ‘aggravated homosexuality’ is grotesque & an abomination. ALL civilized nations should join together in condemning this human rights abuse.”

Ascol disagreed, writing on Tuesday, “Tell it to God, Ted.”

The pastor then cited Leviticus 20:13, the Old Testament verse that says, “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.”

Ascol asked, “Was this law God gave to His old covenant people ‘horrific and wrong’?”

Leviticus’ ancient Biblical laws also require the death penalty for anyone who practices fortune telling, curses their mother or father, accidentally kills someone else’s animal, or commits blasphemy. Other Old Testament laws demand death for anyone who charges interest on loans or works on Saturdays.

Most contemporary Christians don’t follow these ancient Biblical laws and say that the crucifixion of Jesus Christ made them obsolete. However, conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.

So how many faggots has this pastor killed, and how many faggots have murdered each other with AIDS and 'domestic violence'? How many children have been raped and murdered by faggots?

The moron is the one who doesn’t vote for DeSantis. You are effectively voting for Biden.
Let me ask you this: Would you rather I vote Libertarian, or for Biden? If they're effectively the same, then it shouldn't matter, right?

Please define "aggravated homosexuality"

That sounds like it may include homosexual rape of young kids.

Rape is already a crime in the US including pedophile rape. In KSA the penalty is death.

So you really don't see the difference? Don't dumb on purpose.
No, what I see is a Libertarian vote that would have otherwise gone to the R candidate.

But true….it’s not quite as damaging as a direct vote for Biden. But if enough Libertarians do it, it could swing the election to the Big Government Interference of the Democrat Party - the opposite of what Ls want

Talk about dumb.

However, conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.

Christians don't follow Leviticus, they follow the New Testament.

Unfortunately this makes them susceptible to accepting faggots as 'sinners' who can be saved, instead the mentally ill deviants and fetishists they really are, which of course means they will let faggots near kids. It is a mistake on their part due to naivete. Modern science says we need to quarantine faggots and keep them away from kids until real science can find out what causes this mental illness and deal with it.

Desantis is a Baptist? Holy cow. Now it makes sense. He's a rapture ready Scofield heretic.
No ma'am. DeSantis is Catholic.

The pastor whose citing of the bible as the basis if his belief so offends Sergeant Bill only gave the invocation at DeSantis' second inaguaration. I doubt DeSantis had heard of him before that, nor thought about him much after that.

No shame, Sarge. There is bound to be some confusion as you'll watch your media for guidance on when and if to switch from TDS to DSDS.

No, what I see is a Libertarian vote that would have otherwise gone to the R candidate.

But true….it’s not quite as damaging as a direct vote for Biden. But if enough Libertarians do it, it could swing the election to the Big Government Interference of the Democrat Party - the opposite of what Ls want

Talk about dumb.

Libertarians don't support the hate that comes out of DeSantis's mouth either.

The pastor whose citing of the bible as the basis if his belief so offends Sergeant Bill only gave the invocation at DeSantis' second inaguaration. I doubt DeSantis had heard of him before that, nor thought about him much after that.

No shame, Sarge. There is bound to be some confusion as you'll watch your media for guidance on when and if to switch from TDS to DSDS.
It really doesn’t matter to me what religion a candidate is as long as he doesn’t let it bias his leadership.

What hate? To keep Florida’s children from being indoctrinated with all the transgender and gay stuff? No place for any of that in school.

Ahh... well that's your mistake then. I assure you, there's no fucking way I'd ever vote for DeSantis. Or Trump. So, stop saying voting Libertarian is the same as voting for Biden. The funny thing is, Dems tell me the same thing - that voting Libertarian is the same as voting for DeSantis. Obviously, both claims are bullshit. The truth is, your mind is trapped in the two-party lie. There ARE other options.

'Libertarians' change what they support when the wind changes. Then they just call everybody who disagrees with them their standard 'statist tools' and babble fantasy stuff about 'free markets n stuff' and pat each other on the back. Their PArty went bankrupt because they couldn't find an accountant who could balance a checkbook and got bought out by Viguerie and the Koch bros. and used as tools for their corporate propaganda.

What hate? To keep Florida’s children from being indoctrinated with all the transgender and gay stuff? No place for any of that in school.

Desantis created a problem where none exists. Meanwhile, Florida's property taxes are going up 40%. .. while Desantis fights with Disney.

'Libertarians' change what they support when the wind changes. Then they just call everybody who disagrees with them their standard 'statist tools' and babble fantasy stuff about 'free markets n stuff' and pat each other on the back.

If you say so.

Forum List

Back