Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”

Desantis is a Baptist? Holy cow. Now it makes sense. He's a rapture ready Scofield heretic.
And we all know about Southern Baptists........................born of defending slavery and now this:

In response to an explosive investigation, top Southern Baptists have released a previously secret list of hundreds of pastors and other church-affiliated personnel accused of sexual abuse.

"previously secret list? Why were they keeping it secret?

Ok Pharisee.
Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, “Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?” But he answered and said to him, “Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it. And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.’’”

Your "nitpicking" on spelling is clearly off topic. That you continue to raise the issue by replying to others saying "show me where it is in my post" is beside the point. You are well aware that the spelling has nothing to do with what you are doing. Knock it off! Continue to derail your own thread and you'll soon find yourself unable to reply in it.
Sure, I will consider that next time. Don't you love it? Ron's pastor is calling for the death of gays. Unbelievable.

Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, “Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?” But he answered and said to him, “Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it. And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.’’”
Where did Jesus say kill anyone fucktard?

Where did Jesus say kill anyone fucktard?
He said he will at his return.

But governments also answer to God. Governments serve as God's ministers on earth.

Those governments who encourage sin will also be held accountable.

And because you don't like what I say,

IS FUCKTARD REALLY NECESSARY IN ZONE ONE????

No disaster, just record job growth.
People going back to work after COVID.

In the meantime, half the people can’t afford gas and groceries, our border is flooded by illegal aliens who are then moved (at taxpayer expense) to hotels they trash, and 40% of the voters are called “threats to democracy” by the U.S. President because they dare question the integrity of the election.

Yeah.,,.great strides.

Rev. Ascol isn't running for President.
I only speak HIS words

His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly purge His floor and will gather the wheat into His garner; but the chaff He will burn with fire unquenchable
If one believes in the bible, the Gospels in particular, Jesus was VERY woke.

Jesus did'n't say to murder anyone you sick bastard.
You
He said he will at his return.

But governments also answer to God. Governments serve as God's ministers on earth.

Those governments who encourage sin will also be held accountable.

And because you don't like what I say,

IS FUCKTARD REALLY NECESSARY IN ZONE ONE????
You want to murder gays, yet THATS what you object to? Dude...

So? Obama’s pastor called upon Gd to curse America. Yet you voted for him.
I didn't vote Obama. I have voted straight Republican ticket my entire life. I voted for Trump the first time so Hillary would not win (I didn't want to vote for Trump, but I did).
I sat the last election out (I knew he would lose to Biden). Write it down in your notes, do not make the same mistake again.

I still can not believe it, well I can, and I can't

Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”​

Good Lord, can you believe it? I can and I can't. So there is that. Anyone remember Jeremiah Wright?
Well you should. Obama went to Wright's church and Wright made some controversial sermons.
And guess what? The Republican's seized that opportunity to make Obama look bad.
Why in the world would anyone vote for this? If I vote (and I am not going to) I would probably chose a candidate the LIED and said they went to Church when I know they didn't.
I found this part very interesting
Conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.
I believe this. I don't believe in it, I believe the statement.

Now that you know DeSantis attends church and listens to this, has your opinion of him changed?

And YES, this is posted in the correct forum Politics "Discuss government policies and candidates..." We are discussing Ron DeSantis and the fact he listens to sermons calling for death to GAY's :smoochEE:

The pastor who delivered the invocation at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis‘s (R) second inauguration has said that gay people should be put to death.

Tom Ascol — senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Cape Coral, Florida — made his comment on Twitter while criticizing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). On Monday, Cruz issued a tweet criticizing Uganda’s new “Anti-Homosexuality Act,” a law that punishes “aggravated homosexuality” with death.

Cruz’s tweet called the law “horrific & wrong,” adding, “Any law criminalizing homosexuality or imposing the death penalty for ‘aggravated homosexuality’ is grotesque & an abomination. ALL civilized nations should join together in condemning this human rights abuse.”

Ascol disagreed, writing on Tuesday, “Tell it to God, Ted.”

The pastor then cited Leviticus 20:13, the Old Testament verse that says, “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.”

Ascol asked, “Was this law God gave to His old covenant people ‘horrific and wrong’?”

Leviticus’ ancient Biblical laws also require the death penalty for anyone who practices fortune telling, curses their mother or father, accidentally kills someone else’s animal, or commits blasphemy. Other Old Testament laws demand death for anyone who charges interest on loans or works on Saturdays.

Most contemporary Christians don’t follow these ancient Biblical laws and say that the crucifixion of Jesus Christ made them obsolete. However, conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.

Good idea. Queers are nasty and spread disease.

I didn't vote Obama. I have voted straight Republican ticket my entire life. I voted for Trump the first time so Hillary would not win (I didn't want to vote for Trump, but I did).
I sat the last election out (I knew he would lose to Biden). Write it down in your notes, do not make the same mistake again.

I still can not believe it, well I can, and I can't

Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”​

The Pastor has a good idea. Cleanliness is next to Godliness. Queers are nasty and spread disease.

Forum List

Back