Ron Johnson (R-WI) blames Mitch McConnell for the shutdown in private lunch

According to the Washington Post, Republicans went to lunch privately yesterday, and all hell broke loose:

“This is your fault,” Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) told Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) at one point, according to two Republicans who attended the lunch and witnessed the exchange.
‘This is your fault’: GOP senators clash over shutdown inside private luncheon
Just as interesting, McConnell himself admitted to being opposed to the shutdown:
Also during the lunch, McConnell made clear to Pence and others in the room that the shutdown was not his idea and was not working.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Trump and McConnell are equally to blame.

GOP Senators (especially those up for re-election) are freaking out.

This is a disaster
For them very possibly. I wouldn't term it that though (-:

It's called hanging with Donald.

According to the Washington Post, Republicans went to lunch privately yesterday, and all hell broke loose:

“This is your fault,” Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) told Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) at one point, according to two Republicans who attended the lunch and witnessed the exchange.
Just as interesting, McConnell himself admitted to being opposed to the shutdown:
Also during the lunch, McConnell made clear to Pence and others in the room that the shutdown was not his idea and was not working.

Trump and McConnell are equally to blame.
What could McConnell do? Anyone who broke with Trump would be like Flake or Corker. There had to be a critical mass of gop senators demanding McConnell put the dems offer to a vote, and 18 or so who feared the polls more than Trump.

Ron Johnson did confirm the incident

This is why nobody believes WaPo anymore. It's become a rumormill and gossip column. Pity

Ron Johnson confirmed his part in the story and it is not being denied by Romney either. McConnell has said he can't comment on it. Apparently it did happen.

I think McConnell has to go, and hopefully this will be the first nudge. He says he believes in the Senate institutions, but his refusal to give anything Obama and he dems proposed a vote led ultimately to Reid blowing it up. You have to be able to pass laws without one party having 60 seats.

I think McConnell has to go, and hopefully this will be the first nudge. He says he believes in the Senate institutions, but his refusal to give anything Obama and he dems proposed a vote led ultimately to Reid blowing it up. You have to be able to pass laws without one party having 60 seats.
McConnell was masterful. The reason for the SCOTUS makeup is his accolade. And when Ruthie goes down, that'll be another feather in his hat. Pocahontas will be so jealous! LOL

Forum List

Back