Roy Moore says he'll sue WaPo

So hearsay, not actual corroboration.

ahhhh... you know those are not opposites, right?

cor·rob·o·rate
kəˈräbəˌrāt/
verb
verb: corroborate; 3rd person present: corroborates; past tense: corroborated; past participle: corroborated; gerund or present participle: corroborating
confirm or give support to (a statement, theory, or finding).
"the witness had corroborated the boy's account of the attack"
synonyms: confirm, verify, endorse, ratify, authenticate, validate, certify​

The statement is corroborated. By at least three people. That was your point of questioning, and it was delivered.

Anything else?

Corroboration involves 3rd hand confirmation of the events, not someone TALKING about the events.

In your case the witness saw the attack, not the boy saying he was attacked.

In the actual case all that has been confirmed in the story is that she told others about the supposed incident, not that they saw the incident.

Once again we whiplash right back to the question you can't or won't answer, and that is --- what is there for the Post to "retract"?

The story is that this woman made an accusation of an event from 38 years ago. Whelp, she did make that accusation, so there''s nothing to "retract". It's documented and undisputed that she made that claim.

When I pointed that out, you asked for "corroboration" ----- even though you're misdirecting that; the Post needs no "corroboration" for the fact that someone makes a statement, because again the statement is on the record. But just to humor the point I gave you references to three other people who had been told the same story in the past by the same person, on the theory that you thought the woman's claim itself had to be corroborated before they would treat the claim as newsworthy. The claim still exists with or without corroboration or evidence. The claim was made. There's no dispute about that.

And so I gave you the corroboration that supports HER story, not the Post's.

Now it's possible she could come out later and retract HER story, and that would be her retraction, not the Post's. But it would make hard to explain all those recountings of the same story to other people years in the past.

So again the original question was --- what could there be for the Post to "retract"?

If it was found out that her story has a ton of holes in it, they would have to retract the original story and provide the corrections, not doing so would make them liable.

And I noticed you didn't have the balls to address my correct assertion that all the "corroborating" evidence is nothing but hearsay.

What if the holes are in Moore's story, and not theirs? Because there's an awful big hole in Moore's story...namely the reason why he was pursuing high school girls in the first place!

No, the story is about accusations of potential assault, the rest is just progs like you getting all prude like when it suits your political goals.

It just makes you look like hypocrites as well when you get your panties wet over it.

No, you're trying to say that Moore dating high schoolers is the same thing as older actors dating younger women. The difference is between high school girls and young women. Also, no one on the left is defending these age discrepancies...we're merely saying these discrepancies are between adults. High schoolers are not adults.

So how about you be honest? Is that too much to ask?

Firstly i gave you an example and you have no counter, so you prattle on about anecdotes, and secondly, you are still a freaking hack.

The example you gave was a personal anecdote no one can verify. Also, it seems like you used it as an excuse for men pursuing high school girls. Why do you think that's OK? That's the question you won't truthfully answer without "whataboutism". How come Moore was going after high school girls?

I doubt you would have an issue with it if it was someone you find politically acceptable, and that's the crux of this whole thing..

The left was more than happy to throw Anthony Weiner under the bus for sexting with a 16 year old. Yet, the right won't do the same for Moore's (admitted) pursuits of high school girls. So don't try to pretend like that's the case...it isn't. Weiner...gone. Moore...you defend.

You are nothing but a cheap, political dime store hack.

By trying to justify Moore's pursuit of high school girls, you invoke people the Democrats and liberals don't defend. I don't even think you realize you are being a hack when you try to equate the two. Democrats didn't defend Weiner, didn't defend Weinstein, didn't defend Polanski, didn't defend Woody Allen, didn't defend Spacey, didn't defense Louis C.K....yet you're defending Moore by invoking these Hollywood creeps.

So you're saying Moore is no better than those Hollywood creeps...well, why do you think then it's OK for him to be a Senator????????

Do you know how young most models are? That's when they are first exposed to the hollywood types. And according to the laws of consent in some states, over 16/17 is an adult.

As long as it's legal, I don't care. Unlike idiots like you I don't gun for people's personal lives for political gain.

They weren't that happy about it, they went along quite grudgingly actually.

I am questioning the story as it is being presented, something you won't do because you see political blood in the water.

Like I really care who Alabama sends to the senate in a replacement election.
And....that.....is.....wrong.

Why do you keep holding up what is wrong as an excuse for Moore?

It just makes you look like hypocrites as well when you get your panties wet over it.

No, you're trying to say that Moore dating high schoolers is the same thing as older actors dating younger women. The difference is between high school girls and young women. Also, no one on the left is defending these age discrepancies...we're merely saying these discrepancies are between adults. High schoolers are not adults.

Firstly i gave you an example and you have no counter, so you prattle on about anecdotes, and secondly, you are still a freaking hack.

The example you gave was a personal anecdote no one can verify. Also, it seems like you used it as an excuse for men pursuing high school girls. Why do you think that's OK? That's the question you won't truthfully answer without "whataboutism". How come Moore was going after high school girls?

I doubt you would have an issue with it if it was someone you find politically acceptable, and that's the crux of this whole thing..

The left was more than happy to throw Anthony Weiner under the bus for sexting with a 16 year old. Yet, the right won't do the same for Moore's (admitted) pursuits of high school girls. So don't try to pretend like that's the case...it isn't. Weiner...gone. Moore...you defend.

By trying to justify Moore's pursuit of high school girls, you invoke people the Democrats and liberals don't defend. I don't even think you realize you are being a hack when you try to equate the two. Democrats didn't defend Weiner, didn't defend Weinstein, didn't defend Polanski, didn't defend Woody Allen, didn't defend Spacey, didn't defense Louis C.K....yet you're defending Moore by invoking these Hollywood creeps.

So you're saying Moore is no better than those Hollywood creeps...well, why do you think then it's OK for him to be a Senator????????

Do you know how young most models are? That's when they are first exposed to the hollywood types. And according to the laws of consent in some states, over 16/17 is an adult.

As long as it's legal, I don't care. Unlike idiots like you I don't gun for people's personal lives for political gain.

I am questioning the story as it is being presented, something you won't do because you see political blood in the water.

You only think it's wrong because of your hatred of Moore. Stop trying to be so prudish all of a sudden.

The girls Moore creeped on weren't models in the industry. They were high school girls. Secondly, the guy you voted for President admits to walking in on girls that age when they're changing. Secondly, how does that justify Moore exploiting these girls? You keep trying to invoke instance after instance that no one defends as the defense of your own position. Talk about a hack!

Sexual assault isn't legal anywhere, and at least one of these girls accuse Moore of sexual assault. So I want to know why you don't believe them, yet you believe anyone else who accuses someone on the left of this? Moore's already admitted to pursuing these girls, why do you believe him when he says he didn't sexually assault them?

They weren't that happy about it, they went along quite grudgingly actually.I am questioning the story as it is being presented, something you won't do because you see political blood in the water.

You aren't questioning anything. In fact, all you're doing is defending Moore by invoking people no one else defends.

You are saying "It's OK for Moore to pursue teenage girls because -look over there- Polanksi!"

Then we say "Yeah, we don't defend Polanski". So you're trying to foist defense of Hollywood scumbags, as justification for Moore, onto us because your point is shitty and you know it. You're the worst.

Well, it certainly matters a great deal because Moore was a rubber-stamp for Trump's agenda. So no Moore means Conservatives only have 51 seats in the Senate and can't lose moderates like Murkowski and Collins and McCain on anything.

Who is anti blow job? Whoever that person is I question their sanity

Yep - most normal people love a good BJ .. might explain Clinton's 66% + approval rating during the 80 million dollar witch hunt to expose his lie about a blow job.

So you support perjury when it involves a blowjob?
Can you show where any of us supported perjury? Name names and show there those people expressed support.

Considering his story isn't being used as a political bludgeon, her story will fall under more scrutiny.

Not sure why you would take the word of someone who creeps on high school girls.

And they're accused of lying about Moore. So what is it they're lying about? You guys can't seem to come up with a straight answer.

You only think it's wrong because of your hatred of Moore. Stop trying to be so prudish all of a sudden.
Gee.....it can't POSSIBLY my hatred of adult predators going after teens still in HS, right? That's something that simply never entered your mind, right?

And I find it fascinating that you consider being against adult predators being..........prudish. Very fascinating. Incredibly fascinating.

No, the story is about accusations of potential assault, the rest is just progs like you getting all prude like when it suits your political goals.

What "rest"?

So you don't believe the women when they say Moore assaulted them when they were high schoolers? Why not? If the guy admits to creeping on high schoolers, why wouldn't he try things with them? What's the purpose of pursuing them, then?

You teenage girls eat your heart out ...Roy Moore is not the only Studly one
23551168_1978113509124567_8028953775555621267_o.jpg

Funny how the party of "Christian family values" is defending a 30 year old creeping on high schoolers.

Er um - not that funny since their Bible seems to justify it.

Forum List

Back