Royal Baby Watch

wavingrl

Nov 14, 2012
ATL
I might as well be 'the one'--lol.

It is reported that Kate and William have left Buckleberry.

Perhaps headed to London--where else would they go at the 11th hour.

The name may not be announced for 10 days.

I am leaning toward girl--no real reason --why not?

I think it will be a girl called Alexandra.

But then, I don't really care. I like Diana, I can't stand Wills, or Charles, or the rest of them. I don't give a toss, its just another baby.

I think it will be a girl called Alexandra.

But then, I don't really care. I like Diana, I can't stand Wills, or Charles, or the rest of them. I don't give a toss, its just another baby.

At time news of the Royal Family is a pleasant diversion from national news.

Babies=cuteness.

Twin baby pandas were born at the Atlanta Zoo this week. Haven't seen pics yet--on the scale of 1-10--baby pandas would place at 8 or 9.

A baby that might be king/queen in 60 years

Who really cares?

As an American, I really don't understand the loyalty that the British have towards the royal family. The more immigrants Britian allows in, the less loyalty there is. As muslims take over the country, they will no doubt get rid of the monarchy at the first available opportunity. This child might not take the throne because there is no throne to take. The rule will pass to Mullahs.

The royal family in England is pretty much the equivalent of the kardashians here. They really serve no purpose and don't do anything but the people can't get enough of them and they make a ton of money doing it.

just a diversion.

I was, of course, swept away by the Royal Wedding--the dress. Followed by 2 years of great fashion from Kate.

Trivia--

Their apartment at KP is being renovated and w/o AC. Someone said there is a heat wave in London--summer temps in the 70's usually--that can't be pleasant.

Her mother seems to think the baby will wait until the 22nd to be born.

The royal family in England is pretty much the equivalent of the kardashians here. They really serve no purpose and don't do anything but the people can't get enough of them and they make a ton of money doing it.

and the British Government pays them around 35 million a year. Talk about entitlements.

Very true.......they are like pets

Nice to have around but they don't serve much of a purpose

and the British Government pays them around 35 million a year. Talk about entitlements.

Yeah I really don't get it. at least make them come out with a fashion line or perfume to support themselves

Yeah I really don't get it. at least make them come out with a fashion line or perfume to support themselves

The royal family has plenty of money in their own right. They are not supported by tax money.

Queen Elizabeth, 85, has an estimated personal net worth of $500 million that comes from property holdings including Balmoral Castle in the Scottish Highlands, stud farms, a fruit farm and marine land throughout the U.K.; extensive art and fine jewelry; and one of the world’s largest stamp collections built by her grandfather.

The Royal Family gets a stipend of 12.5 million a year for their work (yes they work) in promoting tourism and British interests throughout the world. At 85, Queen Elizabeth gets up and goes to work every day. Princes Harry and William are in the military and go to work everyday at their military posts. Much of the money paid to "support" the Royal Family actually goes to the maintenance of the Royal Estate, which are the homes and castles that the Royal Family may use when they wish, but is open to the public.

The Royal Family brings more into the British Economy than the pittance they cost. No American football player would play a season for a mere 12.5 million.

I might as well be 'the one'--lol.

It is reported that Kate and William have left Buckleberry.

Perhaps headed to London--where else would they go at the 11th hour.

The name may not be announced for 10 days.

I am leaning toward girl--no real reason --why not?

Hey, anything is better than Zimmerman and co.

The royal family has plenty of money in their own right. They are not supported by tax money.

Queen Elizabeth, 85, has an estimated personal net worth of $500 million that comes from property holdings including Balmoral Castle in the Scottish Highlands, stud farms, a fruit farm and marine land throughout the U.K.; extensive art and fine jewelry; and one of the world’s largest stamp collections built by her grandfather.

The Royal Family gets a stipend of 12.5 million a year for their work (yes they work) in promoting tourism and British interests throughout the world. At 85, Queen Elizabeth gets up and goes to work every day. Princes Harry and William are in the military and go to work everyday at their military posts. Much of the money paid to "support" the Royal Family actually goes to the maintenance of the Royal Estate, which are the homes and castles that the Royal Family may use when they wish, but is open to the public.

The Royal Family brings more into the British Economy than the pittance they cost. No American football player would play a season for a mere 12.5 million.

I have heard it estimated that the Crown Jewels, which she owns, make her one of the wealthiest women in the world.

I have heard it estimated that the Crown Jewels, which she owns, make her one of the wealthiest women in the world.

I have heard that too. But the Jewels might be part of the Royal Estate and not actually part of the Queen's direct ownership.

It's surprising that so many people think that the the Royal Family sit around eating bon bons all day. Every year, the Royal Family as a whole make over 2,000 personal appearances representing British interests and are involved with over 3,000 charities and human rights organizations. The Dutchess of Cornwall is on maternity leave right now, what's she on leave from if she doesn't have duties to attend to?

Pretty random comparison but plenty of football players play seasons for a lot less.

Forum List

Back