Rubio to GOP: Don’t pass my immigration bill!

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
Rubio to GOP: Don’t pass my immigration bill!

Senator Marco Rubio is bailing on his own immigration bill.

Not only is the senator from Florida now telling House Republicans not to pass the Senate legislation he co-sponsored and championed for months – he’s urging them not to negotiate with the Senate at all.

In a brutal twist for reform, Rubio’s office told conservative news outlet Breitbart on Sunday that Speaker Boehner should not go to conference with the Senate to pass a final bill. That’s the position anti-immigration House Republicans have taken for months, but the whole reason they oppose Senate talks is that they’re scared Boehner will cut a deal that’s – well, that’s just like Rubio’s bill.

“An ‘all or nothing’ strategy on immigration reform would result in nothing,” Rubio spokesman Alex Conant told msnbc. “What is keeping us from progress on a series of immigration issues on which there is strong consensus is the fear that a conference committee on a limited bill will be used to negotiate a comprehensive one. We should take that option off the table so that we can begin to move on the things we agree on.”

Rubio to GOP: Don't pass my immigration bill! | MSNBC

Fucking flip flopper! Scum!:mad:

Forum List

Back