Rules For Traditionals: How People In Wedding Trades Can Defend Themselves

The vendor must go. Must in some way indicate approval of the event every bit as much as an invited guest.

Aside from that, the services required are artistic services. No artist should ever be required to create against their will.
INDICATE APPROVAL?!? Of all the nerve! No wedding needs a mercantile impermatur, a seal of approval from the Association of Tight Assed Wedding Vendors of Pomona. Bake the cake, deliver the cake, end of involvement, period. Who cares if some ignorant uptight, wound too tight for life baker approves of a wedding or not? That's not his call!
If the baker cares, that's all that matters. You don't get to decide what is important for other people. Only a dumbass liberal would think he's entitled to make decisions for others.
Move to an island of one, my little infant. There you can have your cherished anarchy but here we have society, meaning laws, rules, and expectations of behavior. That's not something infants like ergo you.

That sounds exactly like the kind of thing Nazis used to tell Jews. You're just admitting that you don't care what's right or just. You only care about what you want.

The vendor must go. Must in some way indicate approval of the event every bit as much as an invited guest.

Aside from that, the services required are artistic services. No artist should ever be required to create against their will.
INDICATE APPROVAL?!? Of all the nerve! No wedding needs a mercantile impermatur, a seal of approval from the Association of Tight Assed Wedding Vendors of Pomona. Bake the cake, deliver the cake, end of involvement, period. Who cares if some ignorant uptight, wound too tight for life baker approves of a wedding or not? That's not his call!

Why can't you just go somewhere else to get your cake? Why are you obsessed with forcing people to do things they don't want to do?
Service denied is illegal under Public Accomodation laws. Can't those n*ggers just find another hotel? See the discrimination there?
No. The hotel room is there. Unchanged. Just like a cake sitting on a shelf in the bakery. Now if the black person demanded that the room be redecorated to suit them, now it becomes similar.
What do you imagine a wedding cake for a same sex wedding looks like?

Conservatives have been doing that for years.

Your side just is upset that gays are actually using the law that protects them from discrimination.

This is very true. But do two wrongs make a right? Or is this the wake up call we need to put a stop to this kind of government.
What are these TWO wrongs? On one hand a paying customer is asking for the exact same services a vendor supplies to all his other customers. These paying customers are not demanding anything not normally provided by the vendor. No special or unusual items, nothing above and beyond the services otherwise provided. Please stop me and point out what is wrong about that.

On the other hand, a vendor is refusing service to paying customers due to who those customers happen to be. Refusal due to their legal lifestyle. Refusal simply because the vendor finds that customer's lifestyle to be "icky". Is this fair? Does this mercantile approval of lifestyle make the customers who were refused equal to all other customers?

TWO wrongs? I see one blatant wrong and one discriminated paying customer.

You have no right to be served, period.
Why you make this argument, Bripiss, I have no idea, since it's entirely untrue and the courts decided that decades ago. I know, my little infant, to you the rulings of the courts don't matter either,

I'm not talking about the law, you Nazi asshole. I'm talking about rights. The law in Germany ruled that the government could put Jews in concentration camps. That's what you endorse when you use the law to justify your case.
The law is what grants you your rights, my little infant, as in that case, where they were taken away.

If the baker cares, that's all that matters. You don't get to decide what is important for other people. Only a dumbass liberal would think he's entitled to make decisions for others.
Move to an island of one, my little infant. There you can have your cherished anarchy but here we have society, meaning laws, rules, and expectations of behavior. That's not something infants like ergo you.

That sounds exactly like the kind of thing Nazis used to tell Jews. You're just admitting that you don't care what's right or just. You only care about what you want.
What's right and just is treating everyone equally, in a business transaction in this case.

Uh, no, they really aren't.

With the U.S. Supreme Court poised to rule this spring on whether same-sex couples nationwide should have the right to marry, a gay rights organization on Friday released a new survey showing support for gay marriage at 60 percent among likely voters in the 2016 election.

Read more: Poll 60 percent of likely voters back gay marriage - Steven Shepard - POLITICO

Oh, but it gets worse for you guys.

Polling Finds Growing Acceptance of Gay Marriage and a Gay President - Washington Wire - WSJ

Every time there has been a referendum, gay marriage has been voted down.

The states of Washington, Maryland, and Minnesota prove your statement to be incorrect.

You're wrong about Minnisota.

So you have two states where a referendum failed to overturn legislation that legalized gay marriage. Now, how many states approved referendums against gay marriage? Turds like you talk about the will of the people when it's in your favor, but you don't give a crap about it when they people vote against you.

So much for "every time" gay marriage has been voted down nonsense. Clearly that isn't the case. You made an error and now you want to move the goal posts.

You and your ilk are still using unelected judges to ram your agenda down the throats of the vast majority of Americans.
Most American now approve of the agenda, AKA equality for homosexuals. So sad for you, Bripiss.

Why can't you just go somewhere else to get your cake? Why are you obsessed with forcing people to do things they don't want to do?
Service denied is illegal under Public Accomodation laws. Can't those n*ggers just find another hotel? See the discrimination there?
No. The hotel room is there. Unchanged. Just like a cake sitting on a shelf in the bakery. Now if the black person demanded that the room be redecorated to suit them, now it becomes similar.
All wedding cakes are gay...

It's the very existence of those laws, as applicable to homosexuality, that is being debated here. For you to say "well, it's illegal" as if that means anything at all to the discussion, is fallacy of question begging. It's circular reasoning.

Therefore, I challenge you to stop avoiding the question and provide a goddamned answer. Why can't you just go somewhere else to get a cake? Why are you obsessed with forcing people to do something they don't want to do?

Uh, no, they really aren't.

With the U.S. Supreme Court poised to rule this spring on whether same-sex couples nationwide should have the right to marry, a gay rights organization on Friday released a new survey showing support for gay marriage at 60 percent among likely voters in the 2016 election.

Read more: Poll 60 percent of likely voters back gay marriage - Steven Shepard - POLITICO

Oh, but it gets worse for you guys.

Polling Finds Growing Acceptance of Gay Marriage and a Gay President - Washington Wire - WSJ

Every time there has been a referendum, gay marriage has been voted down.

The states of Washington, Maryland, and Minnesota prove your statement to be incorrect.

You're wrong about Minnisota.

So you have two states where a referendum failed to overturn legislation that legalized gay marriage. Now, how many states approved referendums against gay marriage? Turds like you talk about the will of the people when it's in your favor, but you don't give a crap about it when they people vote against you.

So much for "every time" gay marriage has been voted down nonsense. Clearly that isn't the case. You made an error and now you want to move the goal posts.

You and your ilk are still using unelected judges to ram your agenda down the throats of the vast majority of Americans.

The majority of Americans agree with gays having access to marriage. And by ramming your agenda down your throats you mean they are not ruling in the manner you wish.

Gays believe they can compel the artistic expression of the baker so ask them what a wedding cake should look like.

Why couldn't blacks just eat at a different lunch counter or stay in a different hotel?

And is it just bakers you'd like exemptions for? I live in a rural small town. Would it be okay for the only store not to sell to us? The only septic service should be allowed to not pump my shit?

Gays believe they can compel the artistic expression of the baker so ask them what a wedding cake should look like.

It is what selling yourself for commercial profit means; lucre.

Why couldn't blacks just eat at a different lunch counter or stay in a different hotel?

And is it just bakers you'd like exemptions for? I live in a rural small town. Would it be okay for the only store not to sell to us? The only septic service should be allowed to not pump my shit?

too much of a hassle to deal with for full faith and credit purposes for Merchants in Commerce via public accommodation.

I avoided it. I was sued under the very same laws and won. I just structured my activities differently. Muslim bakeries do it every day, as do florists and photographers. There are half a dozen photographers on Westwood Blvd. They all take passport photos. That's all they say they do.

I avoided it. I was sued under the very same laws and won. I just structured my activities differently. Muslim bakeries do it every day, as do florists and photographers. There are half a dozen photographers on Westwood Blvd. They all take passport photos. That's all they say they do.
Yes, they are all willing to claim that form of incompetence in the practice of their chosen Art, over morals from an Iron Age of Religion.

No! Bakers should not be compelled to create designs they are not capable of completing. Kosher butchers should not be compelled to sell pork chops because they are not inthe menu!

Bakers present a catalogue of wedding cake designs. Everyone should be free to chose from that catalogue. Where's the attack on Christianity? Where's he undue compulsion, the force, the unbearable strain on the baker's skills?

Why it's all in those two little plastic figurines atop the cake. What a case you have there!

Segregation was built into the law. You understand that, right? The law required separate accommodations. The fight to end segregation was a fight to bring down outrageous laws. That is entirely different than creating new laws.

I've posed the question to you before, and you didn't provide an answer so I'll ask again: Why aren't you willing to exert as much effort as I am in the name of defending gay rights? The grocery store won't sell you milk and bread? Go to the next town over and buy from a different grocery store. You live in small town where everyone hates you? Move. You're making your own bed if you live in a place where you're surrounded by people who hate you because of your orientation and would rather see you starve. Why would you want to force people like that to take your money from you?

Instead of being a victim, why don't you become an advocate? Take control of your own life, stop trying to control the lives of others. Why force a homophobic douche bag to take your money, when you can hep take his money by giving your business to someone else, and helping to spread the word that he's a homophobic bigot? He'll lose my money, he'll lose my friends' money, he'll lose a great many other people's money. Yes, he's a hate filled bigot. But you're taking yourself down the same road of becoming a hate filled bigot by trying to overturn his right live his pathetic life however he wants.

One thing I've learned in life is that you cannot force someone to make different decisions, you can only allow them to reap their consequences. Unless you're willing to be their executioner, you have to let people hang themselves with their own ropes.

No! Bakers should not be compelled to create designs they are not capable of completing. Kosher butchers should not be compelled to sell pork chops because they are not inthe menu!

Bakers present a catalogue of wedding cake designs. Everyone should be free to chose from that catalogue. Where's the attack on Christianity? Where's he undue compulsion, the force, the unbearable strain on the baker's skills?

Why it's all in those two little plastic figurines atop the cake. What a case you have there!

Why, other than being an asshole, would anyone want to force someone to do business with them?

Your analogy is not very credible; a more relevant analogy would be a Kosher butcher who stocks pork products, even if Only due to friendship and good discounts from Masters of Bacon and Masters of Pork Loin; but refuses to sell those products to good Muslims who happen to be gay.

Bakers present a catalogue of wedding cake designs. Everyone should be free to chose from that catalogue.

Fine, every design in the catalog now includes this topping on the wedding cake:

romance-kissing-cake-topper.jpg

See what you've done now, Nosmo? The discrimination will continue, it will just be dressed up differently.

Forum List

Back