Rush is back!

DUDE. Can you read the English language?? These are your words:

Saying something to someone is a bit different from saying it about someone, wouldn't you say?

Think of me as Harry Truman with a sign on my desk reading "the revisionist history stops here".

I never said or implied Maher to be a real man, nor did I say Limbaugh was a real man. I said a real man would never need to use such language tin public to a lady.

Again you split hairs.

Oh man up, wimp. You posted it, now you want to run away with weasel words.

:bsflag:

Fuck you, you have to spin to justify, go right ahead.

Said to or not his words were offensive, would you not agree?

I never said or implied Maher to be a real man, nor did I say Limbaugh was a real man. I said a real man would never need to use such language tin public to a lady.

Again you split hairs.

Oh man up, wimp. You posted it, now you want to run away with weasel words.

:bsflag:

Fuck you, you have to spin to justify, go right ahead.

Said to or not his words were offensive, would you not agree?

So you just wimped out of owning your own words, told me "fuck you", and in the same breath you wanna talk about somebody else's "offensive words"?

Can't make this stuff up, you really can't... :rofl:

Former drug addict, as it the POTUS, and the former mayor of DC.

The POTUS tried in in college. THere's a time and a place for everything, and that's college.

Rush apparently engaged in drug abuse while denouncing addicts on his program. And didn't see one little bit of hypocrisy in that.

I don't think he's particularly worried about being a hypocrite as long as it makes him popular / makes him money.

Actually, I think Money has failed to fill the dark hole in Limbaugh's Soul.

here's a guy who is on his fourth marriage, has been addicted to drugs. He's made several attempts to mainstream himself (Getting fired from ESPN, Getting spurned from buying into an NFL Franchise) that his reputation have prevented him from having.

I think this is a guy who wanted to be a Sports Announcer, and his career path led him here instead.

[

I agree with people denouncing this behavior, however I see Maher as degrading to women. A real man would never need to use such language in public to a lady.

Sorry, Maher is a fail.

Given the stuff Palin has said about people who disagree with her, it is too bad we don't have a more harsh word than the C-word to describe her.

We could call her Bill Maher, that is a disgusting hateful name.

Only to you guys.

I think he's sometimes funny, sometimes full of himself.

But unlike Limbaugh, he never claimed to be the voice of a movement.

Given the stuff Palin has said about people who disagree with her, it is too bad we don't have a more harsh word than the C-word to describe her.

Only to you guys.

:lmao:

It's really extraordinarily funny to see what kinds of things get so far under your thin skin.

Another GREAT job by Rush!

:clap:

Only to you guys.

It's really extraordinarily funny to see what kinds of things get so far under your thin skin.

So.... it's not about political ideas, it's not about being an 'entertainer', it's not about questionably-attained "success" -- it's about subcutaneous entrance.

Thanks for confirming the emperor's nakedness.

Only to you guys.

So.... it's not about political ideas, it's not about being an 'entertainer', it's not about questionably-attained "success" -- it's about subcutaneous entrance.

He has pulled YOUR chain so thoroughly and so often, you can't even see what a joke OF you he has made.

Newsflash for ya, skippy.

Rush IS an entertainer.

He is ALSO politically astute and willing to speak a truth that assholes like you find distasteful.

Good.

He has pulled YOUR chain so thoroughly and so often, you can't even see what a joke OF you he has made.

Rush IS an entertainer.

He is ALSO politically astute and willing to speak a truth that assholes like you find distasteful.

Good.

Can't make up your mind? I've had daze like that.

This just in Buffy- I haven't opined here on Limblob's opinions. That's one of your ass-sumptions. The thread is about radio bloviator ratings and what drives them.
Sorry you came to it emptyhanded. Plan ahead next time.

Rush IS an entertainer.

Good.

This just in Buffy- I haven't opined here on Limblob's opinions. That's one of your ass-sumptions. The thread is about radio bloviator ratings and what drives them.

Sorry Sparkless, but what you have "contended" about Rush is clearly delineated in your posts as well as between your crayon lines.

Rush is an entertainer. THAT clearly addresses the topic of what (largely) drives his enormous ratings, ya shitforbrains bloviator.

He also offers VALID political insights that make listening to him worthwhile, which also helps drive his ratings.

Sorry you can't keep up.

But you remain a very funny hapless assclown.

Rush IS an entertainer.

Good.

Sorry Sparkless, but what you have "contended" about Rush is clearly delineated in your posts as well as between your crayon lines.

Rush is an entertainer. THAT clearly addresses the topic of what (largely) drives his enormous ratings, ya shitforbrains bloviator.

He also offers VALID political insights that make listening to him worthwhile, which also helps drive his ratings.

Sorry you can't keep up.

Are we finally treading on the actual topic??
beeler.gif

Ratings are not developed by "valid insights". They never have been. They're driven by emotion-- drama and fear and loathing and conspiracy and scandal. Ratings measure attention-- not assent. That's why WWE and Maury Povich and Glenn Beck not only exist but thrive. That's why Fraction News employs "if it bleeds it leads" as its mantra. It doesn't mean the audience "agrees" with that fire or that tornado or that shooting (or in this case that "slut") -- it means the gullible are attracted to the emotional hook. Regardless what the content is.

"Valid insights" and two bucks will buy you a cup of coffee. Everybody in media knows that.

But we did all this ages ago. Perhaps you should go back and start at the beginning.

Last edited:

Sorry you can't keep up.

Are we finally treading on the actual topic?? * * * *

I have been for a while now. Takes you a lot of time to catch up. Mainly because you are sadly stupid.

Ratings are not developed by "valid insights". They never have been.

Wrong. See? I told you that you were stupid.

If the things Rush chose to discuss were devoid of validity, he'd have no more of an audience than the assholes who tried (so poorly) to generate an audience at that liberal radio experiment. What a joke that was.

They're driven by emotion-- drama and fear and loathing and conspiracy and scandal. Ratings measure attention-- not assent.

Wrong again assbreath. Emotions certainly play their role. But nobody would keep listening to an emotion-driven format if they did not find the insights of value. I mean, shit, little boy, we aren't all mindless liberals.

I'd pick apart the balance of your latest vapid posting effort, but frankly, you didn't have anything worth even responding to there.

Try harder. See if you can get an adult to assist you.

Sorry you can't keep up.

I have been for a while now. Takes you a lot of time to catch up. Mainly because you are sadly stupid.

If the things Rush chose to discuss were devoid of validity, he'd have no more of an audience than the assholes who tried (so poorly) to generate an audience at that liberal radio experiment. What a joke that was.

They're driven by emotion-- drama and fear and loathing and conspiracy and scandal. Ratings measure attention-- not assent.

Wrong again assbreath. Emotions certainly play their role. But nobody would keep listening to an emotion-driven format if they did not find the insights of value. I mean, shit, little boy, we aren't all mindless liberals.

I'd pick apart the balance of your latest vapid posting effort, but frankly, you didn't have anything worth even responding to there.

To put it somewhat more delicately :))), your thesis is quite accurate here. If fear mongering, hate mongering, emotionalism, drama, loathing, conspiracy theories, etc. sold, Air America would have been a HUGE success. That is absolutely all they offered.

But even though that stuff is useful for sound bites from the clueless on message boards--though they are just as boring here as they are on the radio--they aren't sufficient to hold a radio audience. Even liberals get bored when there is nothing else offered.

Rush characterizes things in ways that infuriate and frustrate the left--there is a whole long list of "Rush-isms" that they valiantly try to use to attack him but which none of them really understand or can or will describe accurately. He uses these in a format and delivery that is entertaining as well as informative. If it was ONLY entertainment, however, it too would become tiresome and boring. But because he uses entertaining delivery to bring us real substance and valid content, he can hold an audience for prolonged periods--often the entire three hours. And his ratings leave everybody else in the dust.

To put it somewhat more delicately :))), your thesis is quite accurate here. If fear mongering, hate mongering, emotionalism, drama, loathing, conspiracy theories, etc. sold, Air America would have been a HUGE success. That is absolutely all they offered.

But even though that stuff is useful for sound bites from the clueless on message boards--though they are just as boring here as they are on the radio--they aren't sufficient to hold a radio audience. Even liberals get bored when there is nothing else offered.

Rush characterizes things in ways that infuriate and frustrate the left--there is a whole long list of "Rush-isms" that they valiantly try to use to attack him but which none of them really understand or can or will describe accurately. He uses these in a format and delivery that is entertaining as well as informative. If it was ONLY entertainment, however, it too would become tiresome and boring. But because he uses entertaining delivery to bring us real substance and valid content, he can hold an audience for prolonged periods--often the entire three hours. And his ratings leave everybody else in the dust.

Well, that ^ was well said.

And, indeed, more delicately too.

:eusa_angel:

Sorry you can't keep up.

'Fraid not, Madge. You see, you've already confirmed my theory better that I could articulate it. Shall we review, even though it's only been a few minutes?

Don't know how this slipped by your obviously astute sensory powers but I'm not the one that's been all emotionally melting down here. You are:

assbreath... I mean, shit, little boy, we aren't all mindless liberals.... you didn't have anything worth even responding to there.

... not to mention:

>> ya shitforbrains bloviator... hapless assclown... assholes like you... you nitwits... sissified ("sissified"? really?) ... you disingenuous idiot liberal hack... what a filthy loser liar you are... you retread motherfucker... Try again my little bitch... You really are amazingly stupid and trite... you empty twit... Damn, you are one cracked empty vessel... Pogo: what a doink ("doink"?)... Holy fuck. This idiot ^ pluggo likes to hear itself blather and bleat.... The fact that you are far too tired and sloppy-thinking to even comprehend... you are not really very bright. You are just another blind partisan hack sheep liberal. Twits like you are a dime a dozen... <<

-- which is all you brought to this thread until now. When you're so immersed in your own emotion that you can't even think of a point on the topic, well that's telling.

Besides, you just, not an hour before this post, demonstrated my theory in action better than I could have articulated it:

As you pointed out, it's not about the content, it's about "getting under skin". Or as you exercise it in this medium, "trolling". This is after all the first time you've addressed the topic at all.
And you being a self-admitted minion, I trust your judgement on what the Limbob's purpose is. Who am I to dicker? It's your emotion.

Not an hour before. How soon we forget. The memory is the second thing to go... :popcorn:

Last edited:
OK Foxy, let's do this one. I'm going to take it in order-- I still haven't heard an explanation for yesterday's "out of context" so put me back in line if I stray...

Your posit assumes the fear-and-loathing factor is the only factor. First thing, your assessment that the fear-and-loathing factor was "absolutely all they offered" is subjective on your part. Second, as your "side" keeps pointing out, Air America addressed a different ideological demographic, and I've been dropping hints right and left that we might better explore the contrast of values between "right" and "left" leaning listeners, and nobody ever wants to go there... :confused: ... and you not being a part of that demographic, you're not exactly in a position to assess number one, are you?

And third, I've already pointed out umpteen times here (umpteen = ump plus ten) that Air America folded because of its internal business mismanagement. Even your "side" has had to admit that, yet you guys go on as if it was connected to the ideology -- even though I've pointed out those same umpteen times that those same bloviators, with the same shows, based on the same ideologies (minus Franken, who quit the business) are still on the air today under different auspices, which pretty much makes this point worthless.

Now to stay in context, you have at least alluded to these varying psychologies in your next paragraph. We join that one in progress...

I guess in essence you're agreeing with me here that it's all about style and not substance.

:beer:

Though I'll disagree with the "if it was only entertainment" line. "Only" entertainment would sell just fine, and already does. Remember that list of the top ten TV shows from the other thread?

Love ya Foxy.

Last edited:

Rush IS an entertainer.

Good.

Don't you presume to tell anyone what this thread is about. I posted it, not you and it's about advertisers flocking back to Limbaugh's show despite a few months ago, the liberal media writing his epitaph. Simply put, his ad revenue is back up because people want to put their name out there in front of the most people possible.
Limbaugh makes that possible for them

Isn't that nice? I thought all that hot air was global warming. I used to listen to Rush years ago, I remember how he reneged on a million dollar bet about Clinton and taxes or some such nonsense. Rush was a fool, I remember the hyperbole he spewed to rationalize it. He is not a man of much integrity or honor. THAT is what his "show" is all about.

LOL thanks. Pogo is a great guy, but he really REALLY likes to have the last word, and--I think it is because he is an honest liberal--he sometimes avoids actually considering the meat of an argument but focuses more on the sound bites and stuff like that. :)

For instance he is convinced it was poor business management that shut Air America down though he has yet to support that with anything other than his opinion. And he won't agree that it was their content that attracted almost no audience and therefore could attract almost no advertisers that sealed their doom. Now admittedly, their programmers seriously mismanaged that--again I blame liberalism that is unable to deal with substance about much of anything--but the ONLY thing that shut down Air America is that nobody much wanted to listen to it.

And he won't--probably can't--understand that Rush uses his unique personality and entertaining delivery style to deliver REAL substance and it is THAT which accounts for his overwhelming success. He despises Rush and therefore cannot give him credit for anything positive.

Was just chatting with another member though--another who doesn't like Rush :) which led me to hunt up a fairly recent Pew study of Rush's audience and Huffpo's analysis of the substance of Rush's programming content:

A poll from the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press casts more doubt on the wisdom of the Democrats' coordinated strategy to tie elected Republicans to radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh. When it comes to American political knowledge, Limbuagh's audience is better informed than those of most mainstream media news outlets.

The poll tested the audiences of a host of news magazines, radio and television shows, and newspapers on three basic political questions: the majority party in the House of Representatives; the name of the Secretary of State; and the identity of the Prime Minister of Great Britain. On the American political questions, Limbaugh's radio audience scored the highest, in a virtual tie with viewers of fellow conservative talker Sean Hannity's Fox News show Hannity and Colmes audience. Eighty-three percent of Limbaugh listeners correctly identified the Democrats as being in control of the House and seventy-one percent were able to correctly name the Secretary of State. On all three questions combined, readers of The New Yorker and The Atlantic fared best. But Limbaugh's audience easily outperformed those of all three major networks' nightly news programs, readers of community and daily newspapers, as well as viewers of the news networks CNN, Fox News, C-SPAN, CNBC, and MSNBC.

As Democrats' attacks on Rush send his audience size through the roof, more and more people are becoming exposed to his persuasive &#8211; and apparently highly informative &#8211; message, many for the first time. The danger for the Obama Administration is that a percentage of those new listeners will find agreement with Limbaugh's arguments against the Administration's policies. That may be why the Obama Administration admitted this week that it's attacks on Limbaugh had become, "unproductive." . . .
Limbaugh's Audience Better Informed Than Those Of Most Media Outlets

From a pro-Obama left leaning publication like Huffington Post, that is saying something. It also raises my respect for Huffpo up a notch. They really are making an effort to do some honest journalism these days which is more than I can say for some of their left leaning colleagues.

Rush IS an entertainer.

Good.

Don't you presume to tell anyone what this thread is about. I posted it, not you and it's about advertisers flocking back to Limbaugh's show despite a few months ago, the liberal media writing his epitaph. Simply put, his ad revenue is back up because people want to put their name out there in front of the most people possible.
Limbaugh makes that possible for them

It is what it's about as far as what I've posted, Ernie, in contrast to the crap the Welsh Troll has been putting in my mouth. That was the point there.

Obviously we go on tangents, but if you want to go back to the ad factor, it's your thread.

LOL thanks. Pogo is a great guy, but he really REALLY likes to have the last word,

Do not. :tongue:

and--I think it is because he is an honest liberal--he sometimes avoids actually considering the meat of an argument but focuses more on the sound bites and stuff like that. :)

For instance he is convinced it was poor business management that shut Air America down though he has yet to support that with anything other than his opinion. And he won't agree that it was their content that attracted almost no audience and therefore could attract almost no advertisers that sealed their doom. Now admittedly, their programmers seriously mismanaged that--again I blame liberalism that is unable to deal with substance about much of anything--but the ONLY thing that shut down Air America is that nobody much wanted to listen to it.

I didn't think this was such a secret... :confused: Maybe it is in the Bubbleosphere?

>> The network was financially troubled, however. A scandal involving nearly a million dollars in loans from a Boys and Girls Club in New York secretly transacted by Evan Cohen came out in 2005 and was a source of negative publicity. The loans were repaid, and in October 2006, mounting debts forced Air America Radio to file Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The company was bought by Green Family Media, made up of New York real estate investor Stephen L. Green and his brother Mark J. Green, who bought the network in March 2007 for US$ 4.25 million.[3][4]

The company eventually changed its name from Air America Radio to Air America Media and lastly to just Air America, an effort to establish itself as a broadcaster on multiple media sources including television and the Internet, and one not merely relegated to radio. Always primarily a radio network, on January 21, 2010, Air America went off the air citing difficulties with the current economic environment << (Wiki)

This really isn't classified info. Do I have to read it aloud too? :dunno:

And come on, you know better than this-- the programmers (the talent) are not the managers. Managers are who mismanages.

And he won't--probably can't--understand that Rush uses his unique personality and entertaining delivery style to deliver REAL substance and it is THAT which accounts for his overwhelming success. He despises Rush and therefore cannot give him credit for anything positive.

Et voilà, you just hit the male on the head in one word: "personality". That's the whole point. And there's just no way around it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back