Rush is back!

He didn't use it to a lady. He used it to an audience.

And you see nothing hypocritical in that statement, do you?

In what way?

Did Limbaugh call Fluke a slut to her face? Or did he say that to an audience?
Fluke became fair game the moment she testified in that hearing. She deserves no more protection than any other woman who has injected herself into the public eye.

In what way?

Fluke became fair game the moment she testified in that hearing. She deserves no more protection than any other woman who has injected herself into the public eye.

Oh, that's not the context. Papageorgio maintained that Bill Maher said what he said to Sarah Palin. He didn't.

Last edited:
It's cracks me up how the right loves a drug addict.

Former drug addict, as it the POTUS, and the former mayor of DC.

Ernie, I agree with you here. That's all irrelevant.
I feel the same about politician sex scandals.

OK there we see eye to eye. I don't have a problem with a politician getting some on the side in a motel room. I do have to draw the line at the door of the oval office. AND, should one get caught with his pants down, do not shake your finger at me and claim it never happened.
Do not lie about it under oath.
I can forgive Bush for being a former drunk, or obama for snorting coke. Lord knows, I've done my share of drugs and booze. It's not an issue, but I feel I should be able to respect my POTUS, at least for the 4 or 8 years he's in office. Sorry and idiot that can't keep his dick in his pants within the office of the President of the United States, doesn't get my respect.

In what way?

Oh, that's not the context. Papageorgio maintained that Bill Maher said what he said to Sarah Palin. He didn't.

No more or no less than Limbaugh was speaking directly to Miss Fluke.

Ernie, I agree with you here. That's all irrelevant.
I feel the same about politician sex scandals.

OK there we see eye to eye. I don't have a problem with a politician getting some on the side in a motel room. I do have to draw the line at the door of the oval office. AND, should one get caught with his pants down, do not shake your finger at me and claim it never happened.
Do not lie about it under oath.
I can forgive Bush for being a former drunk, or obama for snorting coke. Lord knows, I've done my share of drugs and booze. It's not an issue, but I feel I should be able to respect my POTUS, at least for the 4 or 8 years he's in office. Sorry and idiot that can't keep his dick in his pants within the office of the President of the United States, doesn't get my respect.

Mostly agreed, although about that last part, the Clinton reference, where we differ is I don't think that episode is all that unusual. He just got caught. Matter of fact when that whole Lewinskygate was going on I think we looked like a laughingstock to the world, acting collectively in our fake outrage like a two-year-old who had just discovered poo poo. Just wasn't honest.

(/offtopic)

I agree with people denouncing this behavior, however I see Maher as degrading to women. A real man would never need to use such language in public to a lady.

Sorry, Maher is a fail.

Not to mention that Rush also didn't use it to a lady. He used it to an audience.

No more or no less than Limbaugh was speaking directly to Miss Fluke.

Nobody claimed he was.
But PG plainly said "to a lady", whereas that just wasn't the case.

The POTUS tried in in college. THere's a time and a place for everything, and that's college.

Rush apparently engaged in drug abuse while denouncing addicts on his program. And didn't see one little bit of hypocrisy in that.

The POTUS tried in in college. THere's a time and a place for everything, and that's college.

Rush apparently engaged in drug abuse while denouncing addicts on his program. And didn't see one little bit of hypocrisy in that.

I don't think he's particularly worried about being a hypocrite as long as it makes him popular / makes him money.

Spilt hairs if you want, he was wrong. It doesn't matter to me political affiliation. A man that is supposed to be that educated and that aware, to use the word he did was flat out offensive.

You are free to justify it, I'm done with this issue.

I'm not "justifying"; I'm correcting. Your post claims he said this to Palin. He didn't.
Again, Maher's comment was in a stand-up act, was not recorded, and we can't see/hear it in its context. But if the audience had found it offensive they would have let him know. Limblob had to issue a walletfelt apology. Maher didn't.

Never did I say he said it to Palin, he said it about Palin, which is still offensive, he has never denied it. And you are splitting hairs to justify a very offensive comment made about a woman. He could have used a non-sexist comment, he didn't. It was purposeful and hateful to women.

[

I agree with people denouncing this behavior, however I see Maher as degrading to women. A real man would never need to use such language in public to a lady.

Sorry, Maher is a fail.

Given the stuff Palin has said about people who disagree with her, it is too bad we don't have a more harsh word than the C-word to describe her.

We could call her Bill Maher, that is a disgusting hateful name.

Spilt hairs if you want, he was wrong. It doesn't matter to me political affiliation. A man that is supposed to be that educated and that aware, to use the word he did was flat out offensive.

You are free to justify it, I'm done with this issue.

I'm not "justifying"; I'm correcting. Your post claims he said this to Palin. He didn't.
Again, Maher's comment was in a stand-up act, was not recorded, and we can't see/hear it in its context. But if the audience had found it offensive they would have let him know. Limblob had to issue a walletfelt apology. Maher didn't.

Never did I say he said it to Palin, he said it about Palin, which is still offensive,

DUDE. Can you read the English language?? These are your words:

Saying something to someone is a bit different from saying it about someone, wouldn't you say?

Think of me as Harry Truman with a sign on my desk reading "the revisionist history stops here".

Never did I say he said it to Palin, he said it about Palin, which is still offensive,

Saying something to someone is a bit different from saying it about someone, wouldn't you say?

Think of me as Harry Truman with a sign on my desk reading "the revisionist history stops here".

I never said or implied Maher to be a real man, nor did I say Limbaugh was a real man. I said a real man would never need to use such language tin public to a lady.

Again you split hairs.

I never said or implied Maher to be a real man, nor did I say Limbaugh was a real man. I said a real man would never need to use such language tin public to a lady.

Again you split hairs.

Oh man up, wimp. You posted it, now you want to run away with weasel words.

:bsflag:

Forum List

Back