Rush to be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

one of the most influential groups of all time got fucked again.....Deep Purple....

No doubt. The Rock Hall of Fame is a crock. Many fond memories made listening to Made in Japan, Burn, Fireball, Machine Head.....good times! :thup:

The Bananas album ain't bad either!

DP chances for the HOF ended when Ian Gillian told Jan Werner "No, Jan you can't suck my dick"

He belongs there too!!

110221_rush_limbaugh_ap_328.jpg

one of the most influential groups of all time got fucked again.....Deep Purple....

No doubt. The Rock Hall of Fame is a crock. Many fond memories made listening to Made in Japan, Burn, Fireball, Machine Head.....good times! :thup:

DP chances for the HOF ended when Ian Gillian told Jan Werner "No, Jan you can't suck my dick"

no doubt.....Mitch Ryder said 4 of the people on the board and him dont get along......he said so i wont be expecting to be there anytime soon....

Jethro Tull

Benefit

Teacher Teacher

My 2 cents. Man oh man I rock to it to this day.

I have every album ever made by Tull and Ian Anderson. Saw them live last year at the Greek. Still kickin' ass after 40 years!. Martin Barre is one the most underrated guitarist in history....

Jethro Tull

Benefit

Teacher Teacher

My 2 cents. Man oh man I rock to it to this day.

I have every album ever made by Tull and Ian Anderson. Saw them live last year at the Greek. Still kickin' ass after 40 years!. Martin Barre is one the most underrated guitarist in history....

Yup! I saw them as the headliner in Tampa Stadium in 1975, with Robin Trower as opening act. They were excellent. I'm pretty sure it was the "Too Old To Rock And Roll, Too Young To Die" tour - still one of my favorite albums by them. Love "Quizz Kid" and "Crazed Institution".

Ah come on Sallow. Good players never suck. Maybe one doesn't like the song or the tune, but good players are awesome.

Hell's bells I even love Annie Lennox for her voice even though I cannot tolerate the 80's glam music shit.

Don't push me on 99 luft balloons though or anything by Abba:D Or I'm hunting you down.

:lol:

Screw everything else I just said.

:eusa_angel:

In the great words of the best comedienne ever....never mind.

no doubt.....Mitch Ryder said 4 of the people on the board and him dont get along......he said so i wont be expecting to be there anytime soon....

From what I've heard up here is it has now become so political that it is complete bullshit.

My ex is still seriously involved in the business so he keeps me up to date.

I put up "Space Trucking" in another thread the other day. DP were so much more than just Smoke on the Water.

they influenced probably every hard rock band that came after them who are already in the Hall......a piece from Wikipedia.....

Deep Purple are cited, along with Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, as pioneers of hard rock and heavy metal.The group have influenced a number of rock bands, including Metallica, Queen, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Alice in Chains, Pantera, Bon Jovi, Rush,Motörhead, as well as many New Wave of British Heavy Metal bands such as Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Def Leppard. Iron Maiden's bassist and primary songwriter, Steve Harris, states that the band's "heaviness" was inspired by "Black Sabbath and Deep Purple with a bit of Zeppelin thrown in." Lead vocalist of Def Leppard, Joe Elliot, has stated, "In 1971, there were only three bands that mattered, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Deep Purple." In 2000, Deep Purple were ranked number 22 on VH1's "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock" programme. In 2011, they received the Innovator Award at the 2011 Classic Rock Awards in London. A Rolling Stone readers' poll in 2012 ranked Made in Japan the sixth best live album of all time.
Prior to October 2012, Deep Purple had not been nominated for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but were nominated for induction in 2013. Despite being the public's 2nd pick in the Rock Hall fans’ ballot, which had over half a million votes, they were not inducted by the Rock Hall committee. Geddy Lee of Rush, commenting on the 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees to Rolling Stone; "To be frank, I am disappointed that Deep Purple is not included in that group. Certainly Heart and Rush would not sound the way we sound without Deep Purple." There have been criticisms in the past over Deep Purple not having been inducted. Toto guitarist Steve Lukather commented, "they put Patti Smith in there but not Deep Purple? What's the first song every kid learns how to play? ["Smoke On The Water"]...And they're not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? ...the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has lost its cool because of the glaring omissions." Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash expressed his surprise and disagreement for the non-induction of Deep Purple; "The list of people who haven’t even been nominated is mind-boggling..(the) big one for me is Deep Purple. How could you not induct Deep Purple?". When asked what band he'd like to see inducted into the Rock Hall, Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich lobbied for Deep Purple.

Last edited:

From what I've heard up here is it has now become so political that it is complete bullshit.

My ex is still seriously involved in the business so he keeps me up to date.

its called the "Hall Of Shame" by some......one of the Nomination board members a woman i believe,knocked the Dave Clark Five off the Induction part because she claimed....."we need a Hip Hop Band in there".....i bet Led Zeppelin aint in the Hip Hop hall of fame and i bet they would laugh their asses off if they were recommended....

I put up "Space Trucking" in another thread the other day. DP were so much more than just Smoke on the Water.

they influenced probably every hard rock band that came after them who are already in the Hall......a piece from Wikipedia.....

Deep Purple are cited, along with Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, as pioneers of hard rock and heavy metal.The group have influenced a number of rock bands, including Metallica, Queen, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Alice in Chains, Pantera, Bon Jovi, Rush,Motörhead, as well as many New Wave of British Heavy Metal bands such as Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Def Leppard. Iron Maiden's bassist and primary songwriter, Steve Harris, states that the band's "heaviness" was inspired by "Black Sabbath and Deep Purple with a bit of Zeppelin thrown in." Lead vocalist of Def Leppard, Joe Elliot, has stated, "In 1971, there were only three bands that mattered, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Deep Purple." In 2000, Deep Purple were ranked number 22 on VH1's "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock" programme. In 2011, they received the Innovator Award at the 2011 Classic Rock Awards in London. A Rolling Stone readers' poll in 2012 ranked Made in Japan the sixth best live album of all time.
Prior to October 2012, Deep Purple had not been nominated for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but were nominated for induction in 2013. Despite being the public's 2nd pick in the Rock Hall fans’ ballot, which had over half a million votes, they were not inducted by the Rock Hall committee. Geddy Lee of Rush, commenting on the 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees to Rolling Stone; "To be frank, I am disappointed that Deep Purple is not included in that group. Certainly Heart and Rush would not sound the way we sound without Deep Purple." There have been criticisms in the past over Deep Purple not having been inducted. Toto guitarist Steve Lukather commented, "they put Patti Smith in there but not Deep Purple? What's the first song every kid learns how to play? ["Smoke On The Water"]...And they're not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? ...the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has lost its cool because of the glaring omissions." Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash expressed his surprise and disagreement for the non-induction of Deep Purple; "The list of people who haven’t even been nominated is mind-boggling..(the) big one for me is Deep Purple. How could you not induct Deep Purple?". When asked what band he'd like to see inducted into the Rock Hall, Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich lobbied for Deep Purple.

I don't get it at all. I just don't get it. All I can figure is that the boards they have are so
PC now that they don't give a shit. Go figure.

ETA: its a sad day when morons decide to play politics in music over music.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back