Russia begins air strikes in Syria, demands a free hand, Obama admin concedes their legit interest

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
Russian fighters and bombers began attacking targets in Syria this morning. The Russian news agencies claimed they were attacking ISIS targets, but the U.S. immediately pointed out that the Russian air strikes were taking place in cities that had no ISIS presence. They seem more likely to be attacking the rebels that have been resisting Bashir al-Assad's forces.

A Russian general spoke to Pentagon officials and told them that Russia wanted American forces out of the area. It is reported that the American officials said they would not leave.

Then, in an astonishing speech during a conference chaired by Russia this morning, Secretary of State John Kerry conceded that Russia had a legitimate interest in the middle East, and announced that he would welcome Russian forces in Syria, provided they were attacking the right people. This is a startling reversal of Western policy that Russia should be kept out of the Middle East, a policy that started during WWII and has continued unceasingly to the present day.

During the war, the warring powers including Russia, Britain, and the United States had made agreements that they would leave Iran and other middle East countries once hostilities ceased. Once it was over, most powers did leave, but Russia did not, until considerable pressure (including implied use of the new atomic bomb) had been applied against them. The allies had found out the hard way that Russia did not have the best interests of the Middle East at heart, but only Russia's.

For some reason today, the Obama administration has apparently decided to abandon that policy, welcoming Russia to Syria, despite clear indications that Russia is not interested in defeating ISIS, but only supporting the existing regime, contrary to U.S. policy so far.

Hopefully the Obama administration will think better of this huge concession, and reverse themselves, putting heavy pressure on Russia to butt out. But the Obama regime's supine reaction to Russia's invasion of Ukraine and occupation of the Crimea, does not encourage hope in the middle East situation.

Russia launches airstrikes in northern Syria, senior military official says

And watch this spineless regime remain silent as civilian causalities start to mount.

i'm begging to know, what "legitimate interest" does Russia have in Syria, other than propping up Assad at the behest of Iran?

i'm begging to know, what "legitimate interest" does Russia have in Syria, other than propping up Assad at the behest of Iran?

Since we have an incompetent meat muppet in the WH we may as well concede the ME to the russians.

We aren't going to do anything effective to combat the spread of islime obviously, but the russians will.

They aren't going to "win" hearts and minds, they're going to bayonet them. Well I say fuck it, let them do it.

We've been trying to make these people like us for decades, they gladly take everything we give them and then spit at us. So fuck 'em. I don't care if the russian purge the world of every last muzbot.

Oh...so now we should not only go into the Middle East but fight another superpower who has nuke weapons.

Re-check Russian borders, please. Russia has a legitimate concern terrorists will soon attack greater Russia en masse.

Re-check Russian borders, please. Russia has a legitimate concern terrorists will soon attack greater Russia en masse.

OK i did. Russia doesnt share a border with Syria, and i'm not aware terrorists are threatening russia. why?

Shut up, nutbags. Russia is doing airstrkes against ISIS. You assholes said that won't cut it. Bunch of dickheads.

OK i did. Russia doesnt share a border with Syria, and i'm not aware terrorists are threatening russia. why?

Their borders are close enough.

Shut up, nutbags. Russia is doing airstrkes against ISIS. You assholes said that won't cut it. Bunch of dickheads.

awwww look at the left-wing loser CRYING!1

werent you one of the morons that bawled like a baby when Republicans rightly predicted and noted that Putin was filling in a hole, a vaccuum of leadership left by obama's ineptitude??????????????

now you want people to shut up and let Putin do his thing without being reminded you were wrong and others were right?

go cry

we don't share any borders with ME countries either...nevertheless...9/11

Why does this bother any of you?

Are you dismayed that Russians might die in place of Americans fighting useless wars in the Middle East?

Can you possibly be that ghoulish? ...uh...well of course you can. You've proven that over many years.

Forum List

Back