Russia continues to destroy IS

Lavrov: Unclear what exactly US is doing in Syria & why results so insignificant

The Russian Foreign Ministry has questioned the effectiveness of the US-led year-long air campaign in Syria, saying it’s unclear “why the results of so many combat sorties are so insignificant.” Failing to curb ISIS, the US has now “adjusted” its program.

“We have very few specifics which could explain what the US is exactly doing in Syria and why the results of so many combat sorties are so insignificant,” Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov told Russian channel NTV. “With, as far as I know, 25,000 sorties they [US-led air campaign] could have smashed the entire [country of] Syria into smithereens,” the minister noted.

Lavrov questioned the Western coalition's objectives in their air campaign, stressing that Washington must decide whether its aim is to eliminate the jihadists or to use extremist forces to pursue its own political agenda.

“Maybe their stated goal is not entirely sincere? Maybe it is regime change?” Lavrov said, as he expressed doubts that weapons and munitions supplied by the US to the so-called “moderate Syrian opposition” will end up in terrorists’ hands.

Lavrov: Unclear what exactly US is doing in Syria & why results so insignificant

Putin isn't surrounded by fascist clowns that thinks war is a business. He want's to kick their ass so they don't show up at the door and as cost effectively and quickly as possible.Of course he wants a pipeline too.
How's that "Iraqi regime change will be paid back with their oil"- working out for you idiots ?
Russia has infrastructure to build. They can buy the scrap from the rust belts and recycle it for that purpose.That's some fine old iron mostly from the US steel plants around the once great lakes.

Obama has been bombing the bastards for more than a year and has killed more terrorists than any other president. That includes Bush family friend, Osama bin Laden.

Obama leads a more than 60 country coalition to wipe out ISIL.

But, not a word from the RW asshole traitors about their own country doing the right thing. Nope.

Now, FINALLY, Poootin gets into it (ABOUT FUCKING TIME) and sure nuff, the RW Pootarians are busy humping his leg.

You bastards will jump at any chance to trash your own country.
60+ coalition killing 6500 IS members is good. But is it really helping? IS gets HUNDREDS of different cells a month trying to join. That's a lot of people. One dies, 5 rise. Russia is actually going after equipment and they bombed a headquarters. How many headquarters has Obama bombed?
The point is, who is actually getting something DONE. Thanks!

This is horrible! Russia is using Russian rubles and Russian soldiers are risking their lives to fight the same people we want to destroy? What a terrible development! Thanks Obama!
What did Obama do? Hell, he has been dogging the shit out of Russia. Keep up

Let's not rejoice so fast; we have no idea what Putin's goals are.
Well, we're gonna have to take the good with the bad.

This is a treasure trove for Putin if he can pull it off: He's the hero by eliminating an imminent worldwide terror threat, he jumps several rungs on the world stage, he creates a Syrian lapdog, he almost certainly increases his ME geopolitical influence, on and on.

My guess is that if Putin can do this it would be a net positive, because the world still knows what this guy is. He can't change that.

I applaud everything Russia is doing against ISIS

About time someone other than the US has to clean up the mess in other countries

About time someone other than the US has to clean up the mess in other countries
We probably cause more messes :thup:
Look at our foreign policy the last 4 decades.

Yup....haven't been able to clean up that mess in 40 years

Let Putin find out how much fun it is
Well duh. Giving weapons to Jihads doesn't work. Maybe one day we will have a president that isn't so fuckin insane :)

Has anyone seen or stumbled onto any evidence that the Russian efforts and particularly the offensive started on the ground a week ago has been successful? It appears both ISIS and al Qaeda have actually gained ground in the east confronting the Syrian government forces. So many Syrian operated Russian tanks have been destroyed a shortage of well trained operators seems to have become a problem and Cuban crews are now being used. On the other hand, ISIS in the west fighting both the Iraqi's and Kurd's continue to be stalemated or being pushed back slowly, but surely. So how much of this Russian reported victory against ISIS is just hype and propaganda? Reports are out there that claim 90% of the Russian efforts and strikes are against non ISIS affiliated rebel groups that have always been focused on removing Assad. Is the Russian show just a show?

Has anyone seen or stumbled onto any evidence that the Russian efforts and particularly the offensive started on the ground a week ago has been successful? It appears both ISIS and al Qaeda have actually gained ground in the east confronting the Syrian government forces. So many Syrian operated Russian tanks have been destroyed a shortage of well trained operators seems to have become a problem and Cuban crews are now being used. On the other hand, ISIS in the west fighting both the Iraqi's and Kurd's continue to be stalemated or being pushed back slowly, but surely. So how much of this Russian reported victory against ISIS is just hype and propaganda? Reports are out there that claim 90% of the Russian efforts and strikes are against non ISIS affiliated rebel groups that have always been focused on removing Assad. Is the Russian show just a show?

its all a show, basically. Russia is just actually hurting IS.

Yup....haven't been able to clean up that mess in 40 years

Let Putin find out how much fun it is
Well duh. Giving weapons to Jihads doesn't work. Maybe one day we will have a president that isn't so fuckin insane :)

Lets find out how well Russian muscle works

I agree, but I was just wondering what the Russian and Putin cheerleaders were basing all their victory celebration like attitudes on. Seems like a lot of folks are just sucking up the pro Russia propaganda and ignoring reality of what is actually happening. Think a thread got started yesterday cheering for indiscriminate fire bombing.

I agree, but I was just wondering what the Russian and Putin cheerleaders were basing all their victory celebration like attitudes on. Seems like a lot of folks are just sucking up the pro Russia propaganda and ignoring reality of what is actually happening. Think a thread got started yesterday cheering for indiscriminate fire bombing.
Because someone is actually hurting IS.

Well, that goes back to my original question. Does anyone have any evidence that Russia is hurting ISIS to a more significant degree than we have been hurting them? Seems the Russians are doing the same things we do only with less concern about collateral damage and very little concentration on ISIS.

Well, that goes back to my original question. Does anyone have any evidence that Russia is hurting ISIS to a more significant degree than we have been hurting them? Seems the Russians are doing the same things we do only with less concern about collateral damage and very little concentration on ISIS.
Did you read the OP? They also destroyed their headquarters in Syria.

I do not consider the source as valid. The claims are very far fetched.

Because it didn't come from CNN? lol
Neither did the headquarters.. I had to find it based out of the UK

There are some exaggerated claims of destroying most of ISIS's ammunition.
I usually don't give much credibility to articles on blog sites unless they are well sourced. The claim that 86 ISIS sites were hit out of 88 targets gives a clue that the story is propaganda.

Forum List

Back