Russia’s defense minister bristles at US comment

CherryPanda

Aug 12, 2014
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu has criticized a comment by the U.S. defense secretary about Russia’s military resurgence.

U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel issued a warning to the American armed forces on Wednesday about the need to “deal with a revisionist Russia” and its army “on NATO’s doorstep.”

Shoigu on Thursday expressed concern about Hagel’s comment, saying it could “mean that the Pentagon is working on scenarios for an operation near our country’s border.”

Concerns about Russia’s military might surfaced in March when Russia annexed the Crimean peninsula from Ukraine, and were reinforced this summer when Ukraine and NATO said Russian troops were helping pro-Russian separatists fight government forces in eastern Ukraine.

Russia s defense minister bristles at US comment - The Washington Post

Hmmm… Maybe, I don’t understand something, but isn’t saying that you need to prepare to deal with military forces of a certain country a provocation? And Secretary of Defense shouldn’t say anything like that unless there’s a provocation implied, should he?
Plus, I really like that particular phrase: the American armed forces on Wednesday about the need to “deal with a revisionist Russia” and its army “on NATO’s doorstep.”
Seriously, Russia on NATO’s doorstep? And how did it manage to prowl there?

P.S. Sorry, forgot to attach.

aa-American-empire-map-of-bases-around-world.jpg

Last edited:
Russia didn't "annex" anything. This article relies on Americans' ignorance of world history.

Well, I'm sort of tired to explaining to people why the term 'annexation' is not legitimate here, so I decided just to skip it and focus on other issue.
Until our media keep saying 'Russia annexed', people will think it did, not paying attention to referendum and history.

Russia didn't "annex" anything. This article relies on Americans' ignorance of world history.
Sure they did. They annexed Crimea and have attempted and continue to attempt to annex two provinces of eastern Ukraine.

Shoigu on Thursday expressed concern about Hagel’s comment, saying it could “mean that the Pentagon is working on scenarios for an operation near our country’s border.”

US military has gamed out just about everything including what to do if hostile aliens show up and start blasting stuff. :)

Crimea VOTED to join Russia. America is just angry they didn't join NATO.

"Voted to Join" does NOT mean "Annexed". Kiev USED to be the Russian Capitol. There are DEEP Russian ties and History in the Ukraine.

Leave them the f*ck alone. We don't need to start WW III over there. Not for Hunter Biden/Ukrainian Gas, not for nothin'.

Crimea applies to be part of Russian Federation after vote to leave Ukraine World news theguardian.com

Crimea s parliament votes to join Russia - The Washington Post
The so called election in Crimea was a sham. It was denounced as such by the world, including the United Nations. Crimea is still recognized as an occupied territory of Ukraine by the world community and not as a part of Russia or the Russian Federation.

United Nations? World Community? Surely you jest! :laugh:

Let me guess, you think the Russkies shot down that airliner right?

All the US-Russia stuff is posturing. What no one's mentioning is both our militaries are staring at each other in the Arctic over soon-to-be-available oil desposits on the sea floor. Both our nations laying claims to it.

Not only is global warming happening and manmade, but I think it's deliberate.

United Nations? World Community? Surely you jest! :laugh:

Let me guess, you think the Russkies shot down that airliner right?
Of course. There is plenty of evidence it did and none to indicate anyone else did. Only people who think otherwise are the folks who believe the unsubstantiated Russian propaganda and Putin fans.

See how that works? "Either you're with us or your with the Russians! You're Putin fans! You hate America!"

Right. Because I can't look at all the evidence and make a decision for myself. No, I have to watch TV and have some Beauty Queen or Bull Dyke TELL me what to think!

It's like Sports for the Athletically Challenged! Wave THIS flag or wave THAT flag!

I wouldn't exactly call it annexing. Imagine if Mexico stormed our 4 state borders, claimed Ca, NM, Az and TX, and said they had just annexed them all.
Sure they did. They annexed Crimea and have attempted and continue to attempt to annex two provinces of eastern Ukraine.

US military has gamed out just about everything including what to do if hostile aliens show up and start blasting stuff. :)

If it's a game, they have chosen an extremely bad time for that. Seriously, it's like poking a very nervous bear...
And even being a game, considering the moment, it's a provocation.
Cause when Russia was gaming near the Ukrainian border, what did the world community say?

Plus, I really like that particular phrase: the American armed forces on Wednesday about the need to “deal with a revisionist Russia” and its army “on NATO’s doorstep.”
Seriously, Russia on NATO’s doorstep?

Yes, seriously.

If it's a game, they have chosen an extremely bad time for that. Seriously, it's like poking a very nervous bear...
Cause when Russia was gaming near the Ukrainian border, what did the world community say?

Our pols can chirp and bluster all they want...russia knows we won't/can't do anything about it.

Our pols can chirp and bluster all they want...russia knows we won't/can't do anything about it.

Neither the US nor Russia is going start shooting at each other over anything. If we wanna fight each other, we'll do what we've done before. Get some stupid suckers to do it for us. Cold War was all by proxy.

map-russia-eu-nato-624.png
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu has criticized a comment by the U.S. defense secretary about Russia’s military resurgence.

U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel issued a warning to the American armed forces on Wednesday about the need to “deal with a revisionist Russia” and its army “on NATO’s doorstep.”

Concerns about Russia’s military might surfaced in March when Russia annexed the Crimean peninsula from Ukraine, and were reinforced this summer when Ukraine and NATO said Russian troops were helping pro-Russian separatists fight government forces in eastern Ukraine.

Russia s defense minister bristles at US comment - The Washington Post

Hmmm… Maybe, I don’t understand something, but isn’t saying that you need to prepare to deal with military forces of a certain country a provocation? And Secretary of Defense shouldn’t say anything like that unless there’s a provocation implied, should he?
Seriously, Russia on NATO’s doorstep? And how did it manage to prowl there?

P.S. Sorry, forgot to attach.

aa-American-empire-map-of-bases-around-world.jpg

I wouldn't exactly call it annexing. Imagine if Mexico stormed our 4 state borders, claimed Ca, NM, Az and TX, and said they had just annexed them all.
But what if CA, NM, AZ and Texas VOTED to join Mexico?

That's what the Ukraine did.

Forum List

Back