RVs Make No Sense!

this is the type RV that i like , i posted it yesterday in a different thread , here it is again today . Pretty nice in my opinion , good gas mileage , small enough to be a grocery getter and for going to work . Easy to change a flat tire and to monitor fluid levels , wash and keep clean , park in a single apartment building parking space and drive it to work if you like and pick up the kids from school . Plus , if you have to or want to you can live in it STEALTHILY on city streets , country roads and OFF the GRID . --- Recon Campers | The Future of Pop Top Camper Vans in the USA --- its perfect in my opinion !! Plus , the Nissan NV200 as a simple Commercial Van can be gotten for under 20,000 dollars in its fancier version . Then you can go as simple as you like , add a cot , a sleeping bag , some water , a camping stove , cans of chili , a mattress , a small Gun Safe , porta potty and sleep in the van on the floor as you hit the road .
See, in the good old 1970s, vans had beds in them. Sometimes a waterbed. Nothing like the vans of today.

this is the type RV that i like , i posted it yesterday in a different thread , here it is again today . Pretty nice in my opinion , good gas mileage , small enough to be a grocery getter and for going to work . Easy to change a flat tire and to monitor fluid levels , wash and keep clean , park in a single apartment building parking space and drive it to work if you like and pick up the kids from school . Plus , if you have to or want to you can live in it STEALTHILY on city streets , country roads and OFF the GRID . --- Recon Campers | The Future of Pop Top Camper Vans in the USA --- its perfect in my opinion !! Plus , the Nissan NV200 as a simple Commercial Van can be gotten for under 20,000 dollars in its fancier version . Then you can go as simple as you like , add a cot , a sleeping bag , some water , a camping stove , cans of chili , a mattress , a small Gun Safe , porta potty and sleep in the van on the floor as you hit the road .
See, in the good old 1970s, vans had beds in them. Sometimes a waterbed. Nothing like the vans of today.
-------------------------------------------------------------- sure , but the fancy , big , huge beautiful RV of today has got to be paid for plus insured and maintained . I just post up my idea of what i consider to be a good choice and BEST for ME . The BASE commercial van i posted can be had brand new for 20 grand and thats for the upscale STOCK Van from a NISSAN Dealer and has a GPS and a few other small features like a stupid backup camera. Also has cruise control and 'A.C. . Plus my choice gets good milage , said to be 25 mpg on the highway . Plus my idea is really just a 'metal' tent that can be outfitted as time goes by when money or ideas are available . Plus , as i said , a tire change on the road is no big deal . Plus , i'd be in the woods on 'blm' land , country roads or stealth camping in towns and cities using a porta potty and a milk jug or finding a conveniant tree . ------------------------------------ yeah , no 20 - 40 dollar a night campgrounds for me G5000 !!!

more info , --- 2017 NV200 Compact Cargo Van | Nissan Commercial Vehicles --- for me , i would at first throw some carpet or rugs on the floor , then a folding cot and a down camping quilt or 2 , a pillow , a camp stove , have an overhead vent installed , a small fold up table , some 5 gal. water containers , maybe some electronics for entertainment , put in a bolt down small gun safe and a porta potty , milk jugs , porta potty , some blackout curtains or whatever works over any windows . That the easy and cheap conversion .

Earth Roamers are the only ones that make sense to me. Very, very expensive though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- yeah excellent , if you have the money !!

You pay $150,000 or more for an RV. The nicer ones can run up to a million dollars. And this eyesore sits in front of, or on the side of, your house 50 weeks out of the year.

If it's a fifth wheel, you need a $50,000 pickup to haul it around.

So you've just spent $200,000 so you can sit on a couch in the woods for a couple days.

And worst of all, you have trundled along the highways and byways causing traffic jams the entire way to your destination, and all the way back home, you self-centered fuck!

You literally spend more on gas getting there than you would for a hotel room.

What special kind of stupid shit with ten brain cells wants an RV?

I have a small RV. We love traveling with it. Not sure what is clogging the highways, but most slower RVs stay in the right lane.

And I can't speak for other RV owners, but we use ours a LOT more than two weeks a year. When we retire in a few years we will either buy a 5th wheel or a smallish motorhome. Freedom to travel & enjoy the outdoors while still enjoying a/c and other comforts. We haven't gotten rid of our tents. But rving will spoil you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back